• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Paul Rudd is Ant-Man
1 1

1,296 posts in this topic

I just saw it and enjoyed so there is no need for me to post what everyone have already said.

However I wasn't overly impressed with the last end of the credits cutscene. (shrug)

Nothing particularly amazing from that scene other than letting us know Ant-man is back in Cap 3. For me it had to be a Spider-man scene to make a difference. That last cut-scene just confirmed what everyone already knew about CAP 3.

IDK to me that was the lamest cut-scene to date.

Edited by SPECTRE_nWo

Without reading too much of this thread I just wanted to add that I just returned from seeing this flick with the wife and I was utterly thrilled. I thought the movie was spectacular. It was funny at the right times and the special effects were great. I have always been a huge fan of Ant-Man ever since I was a little kid and to see him hit the big screen like this was phenomenal. Right up there with many of the other Marvel films IMHO.

Just came back from a near-empty Imax 3D showing at my local cinema. Took my daughter and we both went in without any particular expectations.

Strangely enough our Imax 3D was also near empty.

Went in to see Trainwreck and the theater was packed to the gills.

Same. only 10 people in the theater. We purchased our tickets ahead of time thinking the show would have sold out. Nope. Everyone flocked to see Trainwreck. (which I'm seeing this Friday)

Comix4fun-

I see why you'd think that, but I recommend reading through the announcements again:

http://marvel.com/news/movies/24062/sony_pictures_entertainment_brings_marvel_studios_into_the_amazing_world_of_spider-man

Though you are correct in that they never explicitly say "We can now use Spidey AND his supporting cast in the MCU", they do mention the Spider-Man cast of characters, and they repeatedly bring up the fact that he will now firmly be in the MCU. It also mentions talks of including MCU characters into the Spidey movies, so it stands to reason that that deal goes both ways.

Sony will be making the next Spidey trilogy, but it will still be a MCU film. If Oscorp exists in the Sony Spider-Man movies, it exists in the MCU, even though Sony has final say on what exactly Oscorp DOES in those Spider-Man movies.

I'm perfectly willing to be proven wrong, but for me, evidence points towards the two operating more closely than you might be thinking :foryou:

It's just because in all the industry trades I have read regarding the deal it's very limited in language. It's always laid out very plainly. Marvel doesn't have to pay for the rights to use Spider-man in their films and neither Marvel nor Sony get a piece of the box office from the other for anything with Spider-man in it.

There's nothing about the supporting cast. Sony is banking that putting Spidey into the Avengers or future Marvel movies will reinvigorate the value of their rights and have some splash-over into their Spider-man films.

Feige will co-produce the new spidey films but that's about as far as Sony has agreed to go.

By all accounts this was a tough deal to get done and it fell apart numerous times. Sony was not looking to hand over anything other than appearance rights to a single character and then tell their own stories with that character, and his supporting cast, under their own banner.

I'm only going by the specifics of the deal laid out in trades like Variety and out of the Wall Street Journal.

I saw it on Friday and I really liked it :applause:

Paul Rudd as Scott Lang is by far the most relatable superhero in the MCU.

I love the Wasp cameo :)

I also love the easter eggs in the movie :grin:

I know everyone wanted to see Ant-Man to make $60-65 million,but after what this film has been through for 6 or 7 years I think it did very well.

I want to see Lilly as The Wasp in future movies :wishluck:

I think we're going to see Cassie Lang as a superhero in the future.

that's guaranteed, they are looking to add as many female heroes as possible, they arent showing her costume for nothing, she'll probably come with Scott to fight with Cap in Civil War as per the credits tag.

that's guaranteed, they are looking to add as many female heroes as possible, they arent showing her costume for nothing, she'll probably come with Scott to fight with Cap in Civil War as per the credits tag.

Lily was signed to do 3 marvel movie contract so that's probably guaranteed .

I thoroughly enjoyed Ant-Man, despite the blown-up Thomas the Tank Engine sized holes in the science.

Shaky science that is never explained properly.

It doesn't really bother me. They've never explained how Tony Stark's brains and organs haven't been liquified as a result of some of the punishment they have taken. You reeeeeaaaaaaallllly have to be committed to suspending that disbelief in order to enjoy these movies (and the comics quite frankly).

I thoroughly enjoyed Ant-Man, despite the blown-up Thomas the Tank Engine sized holes in the science.

It doesn't really bother me. They've never explained how Tony Stark's brains and organs haven't been liquified as a result of some of the punishment they have taken. You reeeeeaaaaaaallllly have to be committed to suspending that disbelief in order to enjoy these movies (and the comics quite frankly).

Just enjoy the ride...leave the gray matter at home.

True.

If a 5' 10" guy can turn green and grown to 8' without losing his pants, I can swallow some holes inbetween molecules.

This may be the first time a sentence on the internet has used the words "losing his pants" and "swallow some holes" and nobody got offended!

It doesn't really bother me. They've never explained how Tony Stark's brains and organs haven't been liquified as a result of some of the punishment they have taken.

That's easy. The suit contains a gyroscopic self containment inertia field that stabilizes everything inside, much like Vibranium absorbs shock.