• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Paul Rudd is Ant-Man
1 1

1,296 posts in this topic

Now can someone please explain to me how Ant Man controls his density???

Pilates.

I had a hard time believing that Michael Douglas had zero wrinkles;)

Seriously…they did a fantastic job on making him look younger! Better than Xavier and Magneto at the beginning of X-Men 3.

:whee:

This could be his nemesis in the next movie

vwsbp3.png

Medusa?

I'm thinking Icegirl cause she sure looks cold.

I had a hard time believing that Michael Douglas had zero wrinkles;)

Seriously…they did a fantastic job on making him look younger! Better than Xavier and Magneto at the beginning of X-Men 3.

:whee:

This could be his nemesis in the next movie

vwsbp3.png

Ant-Man is taking on the entire NovaCorps himself??? Wow.

Jim

Saw it last night in a small theater that serves food. Good crowd who enjoyed it thoroughly. One guy started talking to us in line--he's about 25 and said he had come alone to see it his second time and that it was his favorite after Winter Soldier.

I was pleased and can recommend it fully, which seems to be the consensus here on the boards. And I had on interest in or nostalgia for the character (despite my first Avengers issue being 161).

Loved his first meeting with an Avenger and loved the Baskin Robbins joke. Also loved the Siri/Disintegration joke.

Just got out of a double header of Ant-Man and the recent terminator. I liked Ant-Man but it barely was better then the Terminator. There was definetely some funny parts and I really enjoyed all the fight scenes. All around good B+ flick.

I dont get the joke

Funny thing is, we all laughed, but it didn't really make much sense as a joke... only that some small time company would find out everything about their employees-- maybe sarcasm.

What did have me in stitches, was, "I have no problem getting a job, I have a master's in engineering," to which the next scene was him working at Baskin Robbins. Sounds a bit too close to reality these days.

Ant-Man's opening was originally an action-packed standalone prologue

ANT-MAN as it exists now opens in 1989 with Hank Pym (Michael Douglas) resigning from S.H.I.E.L.D, but it was originally intended to be a much different sequence:

"It was basically a standalone sequence where you really did not see it was Hank Pym. He was retrieving some microfilm from this, originally Cuban general and then it because a Panamanian general… It really was designed in those early drafts to be almost like a Bond movie standalone scene in the beginning. It was going to show the powers. You never saw Ant-Man, it almost felt like an Invisible Man sequence, and it’s really, really cool."

The scene certainly sounds "really, really cool" but Reed soon realized that the sequence was "tonally disconnected from the movie we were making." However the scene wasn't scrapped in the -script stage, Peyton Reed actually shot and cut the sequence before scrapping it in the editing stage.

"We actually ended up shooting that sequence and cut it together and it’s fantastic, but the more we got into editing, it just felt too disconnected to the rest of the movie. It felt like vestige of those earlier drafts, which as a standalone thing was really cool. We actually talked at one point about releasing like a standalone, Hank Pym as Ant-Man. Who knows if that will still happen."

So I've been reading about some of the Easter Eggs in the film...

Did anybody really see this, or is it just the internets making up stuff --

When Ant-Man goes into the sub-atomic world, eagle-eyed viewers catch a glimpse of a figure that could be the Marvel comics character Eternity. Around this same time, we hear Pym's voice-over repeating the words, "eternity, eternity, eternity..."

If that was there, I totally missed it. I was hoping for a Dr. Strange cameo, but that probably would've been too much of a surprise for the moment.

When Ant-Man goes into the sub-atomic world, eagle-eyed viewers catch a glimpse of a figure that could be the Marvel comics character Eternity. Around this same time, we hear Pym's voice-over repeating the words, "eternity, eternity, eternity..."

If that was there, I totally missed it. I was hoping for a Dr. Strange cameo, but that probably would've been too much of a surprise for the moment.

Doesn't Eternity also appear at the end of Thor 1, when Loki lets go and falls into the void of space? You see a man-shaped figure far in the back that Loki falls towards.

aU3pfSt.png

Eternity.....interesting. I didn't see anything of the such, it's possible I suppose. I thought that would have been a perfect time for a Dr. Strange cameo. My wife thought for sure that we would see the Wasp just hanging out stuck in there.

Doesn't Eternity also appear at the end of Thor 1, when Loki lets go and falls into the void of space? You see a man-shaped figure far in the back that Loki falls towards.

aU3pfSt.png

I don't remember him saying, "

"eternity, eternity, eternity"

did he say that???

I don't remember him saying, "

"eternity, eternity, eternity"

did he say that???

Earlier in the movie Pym explains the dangers of going sub-atomic. At some point in his monologue, he says something about "shrinking for all eternity," or being "lost for all eternity." I don't quite remember.

Then, when Lang is going sub-atomic, we hear snippets of Pym's warning played over and over again while the visuals get all trippy.

Edited by MisterX