• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Paul Rudd is Ant-Man
1 1

1,296 posts in this topic

Saw it 2 days ago. Great movie and storyline. Easily a top 10 Marvel movie for me.

How many movies have they made?

Here you go

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_films_based_on_Marvel_Comics

I thought we were just counting Marvel Studios.

I was talking about all Marvel movies released till now

Saw it 2 days ago. Great movie and storyline. Easily a top 10 Marvel movie for me.

How many movies have they made?

Here you go

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_films_based_on_Marvel_Comics

I thought we were just counting Marvel Studios.

I was talking about all Marvel movies released till now

Do you mean all Marvel movies...

marvel-movies-infographic-144814.jpg

or all Marvel Studios movies?

oRVdPc7.png

There is no way he could find the Wasp just by shrinking. The odds of her being in the same place he shrinks to are beyond astronomical. The micro world is not 'another dimension' like in the FF comics where no matter where they shrank they encountered Psychoman.

Plus wtf was she eating all this time-quarks? Matter of fact what was she breathing? If an oxygen atom is the same size as you it's kinda hard to breathe it.

Not necessarily true - Pym called it a separate dimension multiple times.

I hope all my atoms aren't in a different dimension or I'm screwed.

If everything that makes up you is in a different dimension then you are in that dimension.

He goes SUBatomic. (Thumbs u

I fail to see how he can go subatomic or even atomic as it is explained quite clearly he shrinks by diminishing the space between his atoms not by shrinking the atoms themselves. If he tried to go sub atomic all his atoms would mash together and he'd implode into a mini black hole.

I believe shrinking and entering the quantum realm goes beyond shrinking the space between atoms by adding mass to an electron and converting it to a high-energy muon .

By shrinking down small enough the physical laws we see the universe operating under all disappear - gravity, relativity, time…everything.

Fairly certain that was said, or alluded to, in the movie.

Is Ant-Man good or is Pixels bad? Or is Pixals good or is Ant-Man bad?

Could you go to both this weekend and share your reviews? Though the word is Pixels has one great line in it from Peter D. Then it is all downhill from there. So no real competition to compare against.

:ohnoez:

Ant-Man holding early lead at box office over Pixels.

Seems like Ant-Man has legs.

Ant-Man early lead in second week.

Or Pixels is that bad.

4zpa4zg.png

pixels is that bad. two weeks ago, before the reviews started to hit, Pixels opening weekend was estimated at $50MM+. Ant-Man estimated to be down 55%, that's not Hulk terrible but it's certainly no indication of legs- still looks $160MM US.

Edited by paperheart

Eternity first app Strange Tales 138 has always been cheap. Knowing how things work nowadays it will not be cheap for long.

And since this thread about 15+ copies of Strange Tales have sold on Ebay. 10 alone yesterday. and all the cheap ones I saw on Amazon are gone. Not sure if it was this thread .

Or Pixels is that bad.

4zpa4zg.png

pixels is that bad. two weeks ago, before the reviews started to hit, Pixels opening weekend was estimated at $50MM+. Ant-Man estimated to be down 55%, that's not Hulk terrible but it's certainly no indication of legs- still looks $160MM US.

I did not see it but know someone who did and said it is awful. NY Post said it is so bad it killed Adam Sandlers carear finally.

http://nypost.com/2015/07/23/thanks-to-pixels-its-game-over-for-adam-sandlers-career/

Where is Box Office Mojo getting their numbers?

http://www.boxofficemojo.com/daily/chart/

It shows the following for Friday:

1 Pixels $9,200,000

2 Ant Man $7,234,000

3 Minions $6,700,000

If Box Office Mojo is correct, Ant Man fell a whopping 68% from the previous Friday. Hopefully it makes up some of that on Saturday and Sunday.

Edited by rjrjr

People have gotta be coming out of Pixels angry as hell for wasting time and money on that piece of dung.

People have gotta be coming out of Pixels angry as hell for wasting time and money on that piece of dung.

Actually, it appears the reviews from audiences are mixed. Some people love the movie and some people hate the movie. Honestly, that is just about what I would expect from an Adam Sandler movie. Either you like him and his humor or you don't. 59% of audiences so far liked it, which is about standard for an Adam Sandler movie. He must be doing something right; he keeps getting movies made every summer.

Actually, it appears the reviews from audiences are mixed. Some people love the movie and some people hate the movie. Honestly, that is just about what I would expect from an Adam Sandler movie. Either you like him and his humor or you don't. 59% of audiences so far liked it, which is about standard for an Adam Sandler movie. He must be doing something right; he keeps getting movies made every summer.

Every "Top Ten Worst Things in the World" list should include Adam Sandler slotted in somewhere. Sure, there are worse things than Adam Sandler but not many.

Where is Box Office Mojo getting their numbers?

http://www.boxofficemojo.com/daily/chart/

It shows the following for Friday:

1 Pixels $9,200,000

2 Ant Man $7,234,000

3 Minions $6,700,000

If Box Office Mojo is correct, Ant Man fell a whopping 68% from the previous Friday. Hopefully it makes up some of that on Saturday and Sunday.

because the previous Friday included $6MM of Thurs night previews. Saturday will be up 50% vs Friday and Sunday will revert to Friday like #'s. that gets you to $26MM for the weekend. Pixels will drop from Friday and then drop again on Sunday. Minions is as likely #2 for the weekend as Pixels.

Edited by paperheart