• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Paul Rudd is Ant-Man
1 1

1,296 posts in this topic

I saw this movie today and I thought it was great. I'd personally rank this as the fourth best marvel movie (after Cap 2, Iron Man 1, and Avengers 1).

I can see where this ant-man would have been the "everyman" of the Marvel Universe, but now that Spidey is back I see ant-man being potentially pushed into the background, which is to bad if you ask me.

Ant-Man’s Original Ending: What We Could Have Seen

Speaking with Eric Eisenberg from CINEMABLEND, Reed was asked if the existence of “Captain America: Civil War” wound up having an effect on the -script for "Ant-Man". The director revealed that there was originally going to be a showdown with Martin Donovan’s character, Mitchell Carson.

“At the end of the movie he gets away and has these Cross particles, and there was a sequence where Ant-Man has an encounter with him. But then for a couple reasons, it felt like maybe we should leave those particles out there. In that original thing, he took Martin Donovan out and got the particles.”

I saw this movie today and I thought it was great. I'd personally rank this as the fourth best marvel movie (after Cap 2, Iron Man 1, and Avengers 1).

I can see where this ant-man would have been the "everyman" of the Marvel Universe, but now that Spidey is back I see ant-man being potentially pushed into the background, which is to bad if you ask me.

I agree. I hope not.

It`s weird my two favorite Marvel movie characters are now Star-Lord and Ant-Man.

I think it`s because they seem so new.

We all know the Spider-Man and Fantastic Four stories.

I thoroughly enjoyed Ant-Man, despite the blown-up Thomas the Tank Engine sized holes in the science.

Shaky science that is never explained properly.

It doesn't really bother me. They've never explained how Tony Stark's brains and organs haven't been liquified as a result of some of the punishment they have taken.

That's easy. The suit contains a gyroscopic self containment inertia field that stabilizes everything inside, much like Vibranium absorbs shock.

That doesn't explain what happens when his brain bounces off his skull during rapid deceleration - like when the Hulk caught him before he hit the ground at the end of AV1

Will we ever attain warp speed?

How reliable would a mechanism like the TARDIS be?

Why does Hulk wear such stretchy pants?

Speaking of stretchy, is Reed Richards capable of what we all suspect?

Why would any writer want to remove Doom's mask?

Muggle is a slur.

Twilight will never die.

At one time, the Italians made better westerns & horror films than Hollywood.

Anime should be more popular in the US.

TV is the future.

Will we ever attain warp speed?

How reliable would a mechanism like the TARDIS be?

Why does Hulk wear such stretchy pants?

Speaking of stretchy, is Reed Richards capable of what we all suspect?

Why would any writer want to remove Doom's mask?

Muggle is a slur.

Twilight will never die.

At one time, the Italians made better westerns & horror films than Hollywood.

Anime should be more popular in the US.

TV is the future.

Only after you die.

Whats a Tardis?

That's his secret. He's always.........angry.

Get your mind out of the gutter.

Which writer? I'll have a talk with him.

Honkey is too.

Twilight never lived.

Italians make better pizza than Hollywood.

Anime blows.

I love TV.

I thoroughly enjoyed Ant-Man, despite the blown-up Thomas the Tank Engine sized holes in the science.

It doesn't really bother me. They've never explained how Tony Stark's brains and organs haven't been liquified as a result of some of the punishment they have taken.

That's easy. The suit contains a gyroscopic self containment inertia field that stabilizes everything inside, much like Vibranium absorbs shock.

That doesn't explain what happens when his brain bounces off his skull during rapid deceleration - like when the Hulk caught him before he hit the ground at the end of AV1

Are you doubting the power of the G.S.C.I.F.???

hm It's a comic book story? It doesn't HAVE to be believable;) ?

You guys are so funny.

It's very believable, though.

The G.S.C.I.F. basically takes the force that any given atom within the field would experience and distributes that force among the space between each atom. That distribution of force among such a great area stabilizes the space between atoms with what the layman might consider a shock absorber, keeping all the atoms at an appropriate distance from each other so that they don't collide with each other and tissue damage is minimized.

Anybody with even a high school science degree knows that pressure on a given area decreases when the size of the area is increased.

By spreading the force across a greater area using G.S.C.I.F. technology, the person's localized tissue can experience much greater forces without trauma.

I can't believe you guys missed this explanation in IM #2.

Now can someone please explain to me how Ant Man controls his density???

It's very believable, though.

That made me laugh. I think we agree that suspension of disbelief must be at max level.

Dude, my idea was better than anything Marvel has come up with.

And it works for vibranium as well.

You heard it here first, folks. I'm trademarking this!

I had a hard time believing that Michael Douglas had zero wrinkles;)

Seriously…they did a fantastic job on making him look younger! Better than Xavier and Magneto at the beginning of X-Men 3.

Seriously…they did a fantastic job on making him look younger! Better than Xavier and Magneto at the beginning of X-Men 3.

:whee:

This could be his nemesis in the next movie

vwsbp3.png

vwsbp3.png

Medusa?

vwsbp3.png

Glen or Glenda?