• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Paul Rudd is Ant-Man
1 1

1,296 posts in this topic

hmmmm

I don't remember him saying, "

"eternity, eternity, eternity"

did he say that???

Earlier in the movie Pym explains the dangers of going sub-atomic. At some point in his monologue, he says something about "shrinking for all eternity," or being "lost for all eternity." I don't quite remember.

Then, when Lang is going sub-atomic, we hear snippets of Pym's warning played over and over again while the visuals get all trippy.

I could swear I watched that scene like a hawk (only once though) and did not hear any voice overs. Although, I didn't catch the earlier "shrinking for all eternity," with the emphasis on eternity. I do recall the shrinking forever or eternity comment about wasp though. I also tried to quickly scan for appearances, and at best saw a sub-atomic insect at the earlier levels. As we zoomed lower, it appeared to be just fractals and dark matter every few frames

It certainly sounds as if Dr. Pym is preparing to take a second look at the realm with renewed vigor and hope. He had that brooding look towards the end, that almost made me think he would make an attempt at the end of the movie.

There is no way he could find the Wasp just by shrinking. The odds of her being in the same place he shrinks to are beyond astronomical. The micro world is not 'another dimension' like in the FF comics where no matter where they shrank they encountered Psychoman.

Plus wtf was she eating all this time-quarks? Matter of fact what was she breathing? If an oxygen atom is the same size as you it's kinda hard to breathe it.

There is no way he could find the Wasp just by shrinking. The odds of her being in the same place he shrinks to are beyond astronomical. The micro world is not 'another dimension' like in the FF comics where no matter where they shrank they encountered Psychoman.

Plus wtf was she eating all this time-quarks? Matter of fact what was she breathing? If an oxygen atom is the same size as you it's kinda hard to breathe it.

Maybe she didn't have to eat or breathe since time and space had no meaning.

Maybe she didn't have to eat or breathe since time and space had no meaning.

In the meantime her heart, liver, lungs, brain, and blood cells are saying "WTF man? Just because you don't have to eat and breathe due to time and space doesn't mean we don't work anymore!"

Once you get into the idea of time & space being completely different things in the Microverse, or not existing in any way similar to how it does for us, the 30 years she's been gone could have felt like (or been experienced by her body) as if it was simply seconds to a human. You can't really jump to any conclusions about the way physics and physiology would work in a universe where it has completely different rules.

Not necessarily true - Pym called it a separate dimension multiple times.

regarding all the previous spoiler conversations, I was digging around a bit and found this interesting modern factoid...

from wikipedia on Wasp ...

2010s

Following the Avengers vs. X-Men storyline, it is revealed that Janet van Dyne has not died after all, but has been shunted into a Microverse by Thor's spatial warp in the same spot that she appears to have died in Secret Invasion. Using her Avengers communication card she is able to send a signal with help from a local being called Cru-Sani. Giant-Man, Captain America, Thor and Iron Man go into the Microverse to rescue her and find her alive and fighting against an evil despot, Lord Gouzar, who has conquered the Microverse. After defeating Lord Gouzar and liberating the Microverse from his tyranny, Janet and her fellow Avengers return to their normal universe.[40]

Edited by bronze_rules

I hope all my atoms aren't in a different dimension or I'm screwed.

If everything that makes up you is in a different dimension then you are in that dimension.

I hope all my atoms aren't in a different dimension or I'm screwed.

If everything that makes up you is in a different dimension then you are in that dimension.

He goes SUBatomic. (Thumbs u

Saw it 2 days ago. Great movie and storyline. Easily a top 10 Marvel movie for me.

How many movies have they made?

Here you go

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_films_based_on_Marvel_Comics

I thought we were just counting Marvel Studios.

They've made 12, meaning only two didn't make the cut lol

Iron Man 2 and Incredible Hulk? hm