• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Comics, Pulps, and Paperbacks: Why such a discrepancy in values?
25 25

6,975 posts in this topic

On 4/17/2024 at 11:58 PM, Darwination said:

This is the one that has me smitten, been staring at Dawson's lovely daughter here for days.

Ahh... you wouldn't like it. She'd have you mowing the lawn and washing cars while she shopped. GOD BLESS ...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus)(thumbsu

Shiny! RED, woo!  I think it's hard to beat #5 you posted, but the first issue is probably the most sought after?

Are those pretty scarce in any grade, or have I just not looked hard enough? 

Looks like there's just a bit of non-reprint fiction in there but hard to know for sure.  No doubt it's the Saunders covers that are the biggest attraction...

On 4/18/2024 at 5:06 PM, Surfing Alien said:

Bookery's last guide had them as "somewhat common" but they sure ain't anymore in my experience. Nearly impossible lately. I think anyone who sees them goes squirreling through the interwebs trying to snap up any they can find.

All 5 covers are outstanding. Here's number 3.

It's kinda "cool" and probably somewhat desirable :whistle:

20240417_172918.thumb.jpg.4b5b1fb0b6d0861f46151d2e4344ad28.jpg

I know I've been searching! No luck so far.

On 4/18/2024 at 9:14 PM, johnenock said:

Only one vintage, but I did complete my Glen cook paperback collection today! Much nicer than the scan.

Popular 211 Doll's Trunk Reilly.jpeg

A cornerstone book in any Vintage Paperback collection (thumbsu

Congrats and "Nice Copy"!!!

On 4/19/2024 at 10:44 AM, jimjum12 said:

This one seems to be fairly "gettable". but I got one anyway because I really like the cover for some reason. I'm not sure who the cover artist is, but the style seems similar to whomever did the cover for the recently posted "Contact". GOD BLESS ....

-jimbo(a friend of jesus)(thumbsu

TQyOeZ7.jpg

ISFDB has John Schoenherr.  I just noticed you can see the signature on your version, but it's cut off on mine.  Not that I would have been able to identify the artist from "JS".

I've got the earlier edition with this cover:

Ace D 507a.jpg

Ace D 507b.jpg

Edited by OtherEric