• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

THE AMAZING FANTASY #15 CLUB
39 39

14,484 posts in this topic

7 minutes ago, lou_fine said:

Is this the newest strategy for trying to get max dollars on your book?  hm

Hope for a slightly lower grade on your book relative to visual eye appeal, then hype it in the marketplace so that it sells for record setting GPA prices or on a price per point basis.  :flipbait:

I would possibly accept offers of..........:idea:  $1 trillion dollars:whee:

43 minutes ago, lou_fine said:

Is this the newest strategy for trying to get max dollars on your book?  hm

Hope for a slightly lower grade on your book relative to visual eye appeal, then hype it in the marketplace so that it sells for record setting GPA prices or on a price per point basis.  :flipbait:

Would it sound better if I said "could sell" and not "would sell"?

No hyping here...not my book. 

Edited by peewee22

I doubt hyping on this club will cause people to pay 20 to 30 percent more than 6-12 montgs earlier.   Someone that is able to pay $20k is gonna do it based on his own decisions.  I could see a sports athlete or billionaire as someone that could change the market.    Lets say a person has 20 million dollar to spend and is on a mission to hoard the mid grade af15 market...

Edited by Spiderturtle

3 minutes ago, Spiderturtle said:

I doubt hyping on this club will cause people to pay 20 to 30 percent more than 6-12 montgs earlier.   Someone that is able to pay $20k is gonna do it based on his own decisions

The wallet speaks louder than words. ;)

52 minutes ago, Dark Knight said:

not too shabby.  Predictions?  I'm thinking $118k

Decent 8.0, not too shabby :)and going to sell for a record in this grade. My prediction is at least 125K+ just tough to make a call in this silly market.

Edited by showcase22gr1959

1 hour ago, showcase22gr1959 said:

Decent 8.0, not too shabby :)and going to sell for a record in this grade. My prediction is at least 125K+ just tough to make a call in this silly market.

i could see $125k+ :wink:

Edited by Spiderturtle

7 minutes ago, Tbone911t said:

Beauty copy. Is it just me or does the printing look a little off in the yellow of Amazing Fantasy?

Looks like the word introducing Spiderman and the work Amazing Fantasy has a slight printing shift..not much to affect the appeal. 

20 minutes ago, Spiderturtle said:

i could see $125k+ :wink:

I believe this is only the third time at auction for an 8.0+ in Comiclink which includes the recent Voldy 9.0 the last five+ years. This is a really tough book and very interesting to see the final price. 

4 hours ago, showcase22gr1959 said:

I believe this is only the third time at auction for an 8.0+ in Comiclink which includes the recent Voldy 9.0 the last five+ years. This is a really tough book and very interesting to see the final price. 

Not loving the 8.0 considering the two 7.5s that just sold on clink for 85/87k look just as good but my guess 120k

5 hours ago, showcase22gr1959 said:

1 hour ago, Spiderphill said:

Not loving the 8.0 considering the two 7.5s that just sold on clink for 85/87k look just as good but my guess 120k

CGC is spot on with this copy as an 8.0. It's not the nicest 8.0 out there, but I've seen 8.0's with less preservation then this copy. If a few recent folks with a recent 7.5's might want to upgrade and may cause a bidding frenzy. 2c