• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

THE AMAZING FANTASY #15 CLUB
39 39

14,484 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, Canadiancomics said:

So a while ago on this board I said I was getting my Amazing Fantasy 15 signed by Stan Lee at Fan Expo. Well about 2 months ago I got it back from CGC....13643464_1028506307269844_1190126641_n.jpg.cc584d57151cdd8b137f171853899a2b.jpgspd.jpg.32fa4719eec5a9eb126bb73a107240fc.jpg

Finding out it had a tiny bit of trimming was disappointing, but I cant be too upset because of such a good deal I got it for, would have been way to good to be true if it had no restoration. Glad to own this in my collection though, my ASM run wouldn't be complete without it :takeit:

Regardless of the resto, it presents very nice for the grade! 

3 hours ago, Canadiancomics said:

So a while ago on this board I said I was getting my Amazing Fantasy 15 signed by Stan Lee at Fan Expo. Well about 2 months ago I got it back from CGC....13643464_1028506307269844_1190126641_n.jpg.cc584d57151cdd8b137f171853899a2b.jpgspd.jpg.32fa4719eec5a9eb126bb73a107240fc.jpg

Finding out it had a tiny bit of trimming was disappointing, but I cant be too upset because of such a good deal I got it for, would have been way to good to be true if it had no restoration. Glad to own this in my collection though, my ASM run wouldn't be complete without it :takeit:

Still awesome to have one in any shape man (thumbsu

Where do these results put 3.5 copies? I paid a whopping 4K a number of years ago which seemed like a hell of a lot of money at the time. In hindsight, I wished that I bought a better copy but that's what I could afford at the time. 

:angel:

14 minutes ago, piper said:

Where do these results put 3.5 copies? I paid a whopping 4K a number of years ago which seemed like a hell of a lot of money at the time. In hindsight, I wished that I bought a better copy but that's what I could afford at the time. 

3.5x5,000 if it's purdy 

34 minutes ago, Spiderphill said:
49 minutes ago, piper said:

3.5x5,000 if it's purdy 

Yes, but if it's real real purdy and presents much better than its assigned grade, then just give it to CC and they'll be able to hit a home run for you by having it come in from $8K to $10K per point.  :gossip:   :flipbait:   :whee:

A 4.0 with average pq and tape you can see on it sells over 21k. No MC, cgc blue, and presents overall nice despite tape.

Opinion time: how much do you think having browning tape on the front cover effect this books final price?

1 hour ago, peewee22 said:
5 hours ago, Spyderfan said:

That's no lowly 5.0 copy there.  That's a beauty!  :luhv:

That 5.0 is an outlier that would sell for a very high GPA. Impressive.

Is this the newest strategy for trying to get max dollars on your book?  hm

Hope for a slightly lower grade on your book relative to visual eye appeal, then hype it in the marketplace so that it sells for record setting GPA prices or on a price per point basis.  :flipbait: