• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

THE AMAZING FANTASY #15 CLUB
39 39

14,481 posts in this topic

On 6/5/2022 at 6:29 PM, Randall Dowling said:

Oh man... maybe?  There are days when I think about it.

I have a CGC 3.5 from when one could get those for $4k. I can’t imagine spending 50k on a comic book. I still have a few years left on my mortgage…

On 6/5/2022 at 5:14 PM, piper said:

Interesting proposition. Would you sell the totality of your collection for a couple of books?

On 6/5/2022 at 5:29 PM, Randall Dowling said:

Oh man... maybe?  There are days when I think about it.

That’s interesting and actually causes pause. I have all the SA Marvel keys including AF #15 but I have thought about using a number of other high priced books I own to acquire or reacquire other GA books. It’s easier when you have dupes on books but even then you’re trading away more keys so from a strictly financial position you still have to think of what you’re trading today for will be worth in the future? I haven’t pulled the trigger just yet but that type of “flipping” is something I’ve thought about more in recent years. Would love to have a Marvel Comics #1 back again. My Batman’s are lonely…:nyah:

On 6/5/2022 at 8:14 PM, piper said:

Interesting proposition. Would you sell the totality of your collection for a couple of books?

Or would you sell a couple books in order to double your collection?

On 6/5/2022 at 10:33 PM, piper said:

I still have a few years left on my mortgage…

How many years does your back have left? A large collection can be really heavy. A couple books are easy to carry up & down the stairs. 

On 6/6/2022 at 10:29 AM, TupennyConan said:

How many years does your back have left? A large collection can be really heavy. A couple books are easy to carry up & down the stairs. 

Thankfully, I'm down to 5 or 6 CGC Boxes and 1 long box.

On 6/6/2022 at 2:59 PM, piper said:

Thankfully, I'm down to 5 or 6 CGC Boxes and 1 long box.

As a public example, I've watched Harley's show inventory halve, then halve again over the past 20 yrs.

....or cash out some big books for some OA ... that's what I've done, that OA bug bit hard. Still have some sweet books left, but definitely have parted with some big ones as well for "trades"

On 6/7/2022 at 6:34 PM, Batmanis#1 said:

Don't tell me you sold yours off for a lap dance and a beer hahaha!!! Oh the hard choices one must make in life fun now or riches later.

Did you by any chance see what the 6.5 on comicconnect went for ?

-J.

On 6/8/2022 at 6:21 PM, peewee22 said:

Spidey is 60. Most ADs (Arrival Dates) are stamped early to mid June.

Right, I've seen as early as May 31, with June 5 being the official release date, i.e., Spidey's birthday, so your date stamp is pretty close to that special day.  Cool!  

Edited by Pantodude

On 6/8/2022 at 3:31 PM, Dark Knight said:

Yeah not bad at all. Sure it wasn't the record high of $225k a couple months ago, but it's still a solid hammer price.  I'll take it!

That clink 225 sale is looking like an outlier.  175k-ish seems to be the average for that  grade now.  

Yeah , I'll take it too.  :cloud9:

-J.

On 5/14/2022 at 11:00 AM, alexgross.com said:

it's back. the 5.5 white page copy with a weird tear looking thing on the right side that sold for a record 120k in january on heritage is coming up again for auction next week in their weekly auction. 

https://comics.ha.com/itm/silver-age-1956-1969-/superhero/amazing-fantasy-15-marvel-1962-cgc-fn-55-white-pages/p/122221-1028.s?ic2=mytracked-lotspage-lotlinks-12202013&tab=MyTrackedLots-101116

interesting that they are not saving it for their june signature auction. also interesting to see it being flipped again so soon. 

i predict sale price will be less than it was in january. 

af15sale.jpg

And it's back.... Again for the millionth time!?  Why can't this book get any love and just stay in someone's collection?  :facepalm:

https://www.comiclink.com/itemdetail.asp?id=1591225