• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

THE AMAZING FANTASY #15 CLUB
39 39

14,481 posts in this topic

On 6/8/2022 at 11:03 PM, Batmanis#1 said:

AF15 in 6.5 is most likely 175k to 200k depending on eye appeal would be my bet and paper quality as well. The buyer at 225k will be fine as long as he holds on for a few years or more (most likely less than that amount of time) he will be happy that he got it at that price. Maybe not so right now but AF15 is AF15 so he/she will be OK.

It is simple the top SA Marvel/DC books to own are:

AF15

Hulk 1

FF1

X-Men 1

DC:

SC4

end of story. If you own any of these 5 hold on if you can and enjoy owning while you can as well. I know I missed my chance on a few of these and never will be able to buy them now and also sold my Hulk 1 had medical bills to pay (also picked up a decent TEC book I needed so I am happy) but I miss owning it but it is what it is such is life.

You could also add to the next tier these must own books:

ASM 1

JIM83

TOS39

Working on the other 4  :) 

On 6/16/2022 at 12:14 PM, Batmanis#1 said:

Someone got a good deal on the AF15 CGC 7.5 that just sold at HA for 216 000$ all-in cheapest I have seen in a long while for that grade.

That chip in the spine is rather distracting for a 7.5.likely factored into the pricing despite that pos sticker on the case. 

On 6/16/2022 at 1:00 PM, Iceman399 said:

That chip in the spine is rather distracting for a 7.5.likely factored into the pricing despite that pos sticker on the case. 

lol whats up with that sticker?  why would they award that 7.5 the honor of the sticker if its missing a piece out the side?

How does QES work?  You just pay them to get the sticker?  

On 6/17/2022 at 10:19 AM, texmurphy2099 said:

lol whats up with that sticker?  why would they award that 7.5 the honor of the sticker if its missing a piece out the side?

Not a big fan of QES. I don't need to pay someone to say my book is super nice. The eyes tell all.

On 6/17/2022 at 8:19 AM, texmurphy2099 said:

it's metropolis/comicconnect's competitor with comiclink's cva sticker. they do it on their own to 'enhance' the value of certain books. you cant just buy one. it attempts to create the facade of a book that has somehow been independently determined to be superior somehow for the grade. total BS. 

On 6/17/2022 at 3:13 PM, DT0428 said:

Nice presenting 6.5 too. 5.5 sold for 75k. Ouch no one should be putting big books in an auction during a recession

The 5.5 was ugly and the 6.5 was pretty nice as you mentioned. Way too many AF 15's hit the market all at once. I have a Hulk 1 thats supposed to go up in August. Is it possible to pull the book from the auction with heritage. Never thought about doing that but it seems like its going to be a slaughter in that auction.

Edited by Charleybrown

On 6/17/2022 at 11:54 AM, Charleybrown said:

Wow 6.5 just sold for 120k at heritage. I sold my 6.5 for 170k in the last clink auction and thought that was bad. I feel like Indiana rolling under the trap door right now. 

bear in mind that in 2019/2020 a 6.5 was 85k and 72k respectively. so yes, prices are coming down from 2021, but still waaaay above what they were 2 years ago. should be interesting to see where they settle, largely based on the economy and inflation i'm sure. 

On 6/18/2022 at 11:30 AM, Jaydogrules said:

Heritage putting a 5.5, 6.5, 7.0, and 7.5 all in the same auction might be one of the stupidest things an auction company could have done.   They should have put the 5.5 and 7.0 in one auction and the 6.5 and 7.5 in a later one.  

If I was the consignor of any of those books I would be severely P.O.'d.

-J.

I agree..just too many at once and a 5.0 closing today as well.

On 6/17/2022 at 11:54 AM, Charleybrown said:

Wow 6.5 just sold for 120k at heritage. I sold my 6.5 for 170k in the last clink auction and thought that was bad. I feel like Indiana rolling under the trap door right now. 

A Signature series 6.5 sold yesterday for 140k and 4.0 went for 54k yesterday at Clink. You did pretty well for yourself.