• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

THE AMAZING FANTASY #15 CLUB
39 39

14,484 posts in this topic

On 7/19/2022 at 3:40 AM, DT0428 said:

Not even a remarkable copy.......

Says it was ended by the seller due to error in listing.  

2030350942_ScreenShot2022-07-19at7_47_35AM.thumb.png.c2cbeee418efd30419555ecd0492e7ae.png

On 7/18/2022 at 1:59 PM, DC# said:

With the sale of a 4.5 CR/OW on Heritage last night for $43.2k combined with the 5.0 above - decided to look at sales of 2.5 thru 5.0 since January.   I did a similar chart for FF #1 in the "Are Prices Climbing.." thread.  

1626341417_ScreenShot2022-07-18at10_47_11AM.thumb.png.2892dfe15c268846f3cd5ec51f3b068d.png

Well done, that's a cool chart. It's hard and time consuming to hunt and trace enough data to put a fair price on most books. I like HA the best for data, GPA has altered it's display of data very poorly versus what it used to be. e Bay is useful but cluttered with tons of useless listings and you cannot adjust search terms enough to quickly eliminate it.

I'd love to see you do that kind of data chart for restored AF 15's. Those are the most wild in pricing and value. There have been some crazy sales in tons of low grade copies, and a few odd ones for higher grades. I just recently saw a new listing for a signed 6.0 book, on e Bay now for $112,500, while in completed listings, one supposedly went for $75,100 on June 21st. That one has been erased but still shows up in the completed listings, so without a decent picture I can't tell if it's the same book. It looks like it, both signed but no apparent signature on the cover. The one listed now states that the signing is inside.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/292031281030?hash=item43fe6bb786:g:DnEAAOSw2xRYX44N

https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_nkw=amazing+Fantasy+15+cgc&_sacat=0&LH_TitleDesc=0&_sop=16&rt=nc&LH_Complete=1

I have a new found collector in a nearby county who is active at buying any old Marvels, I'm trying to get with him to buy some of my CGC collection since he is here and we can do anything in person. I don't plan to let him buy my 9.0 AF 15, but I do wonder what he thinks of a restored key with a Stan Lee signature on it.

Edited by Peter Loves Gwen
To eliminate the eBay link, I hate advertising.

On 7/8/2022 at 2:13 AM, Jaydogrules said:

I'm not saying the sale was fake.  I'm saying that a "private sale", by its very nature, is not as a reliable of a data point as a public auction.   That price tag is ultimately untested and unproven, for all we know, the buyer simply overpaid and there would have been absolutely no competition anywhere near that level in an auction environment and the buyer could have gotten it for much less.  

-J.

Sounds as though you are working under the mistaken perception that ALL potential comic book buyers pay attention and scrutinize every single public comic book auction that pops up on the internet almost every single day.  Believe me when I tell you they most certainly do not.  :gossip:  

Might it not just be possible that some of the more deep pocketed potential buyers are simply too busy with their other everyday activities to spend 24/7 surfing all of the auction sites and might actually preferred some of the full service activities that the larger established  dealers do and extensive connections they have in order to acquire some of their books?  For all we know, isn't it also possible that the seller might have simply undersold and there would have been much more competition for the book at that $5.3M level in a public auction environment and the buyer might have had to actually pay more to acquire the book?  hm  (:

Edited by lou_fine

I don't want to annoy people with this so tell me to stop if this is a buzz-kill.....but added a 2.5 that sold on Hakes yesterday and another 3.5 July sale that showed up in GPA.   

1906281661_ScreenShot2022-07-28at1_24_04PM.thumb.png.856bc0bcdcafa3a47d4830522b4ed73e.png

On 7/28/2022 at 9:38 PM, Professor K said:

There is a restored/trimmed/page missing .5 copy on e bay doing pretty good right now. I have no idea why.:shiftyeyes:

Oh come on, really? I just looked at the price and it is bonkers for what it is - especially considering my friends complete 0.5 signed SS restored (slight glue on cover. NO trimming) went for after not finding anyone interested in it on local marketplaces and Facebook groups.

100% this auction is getting a boost since I'm sure everyone is thinking they could crack it and resubmit to CBCS for a verified signature and possibly have them miss the very janky trimming.

Edited by Sauce Dog

On 7/29/2022 at 9:41 AM, Sauce Dog said:

Oh come on, really? I just looked at the price and it is bonkers for what it is - especially considering my friends complete 0.5 signed SS restored (slight glue on cover. NO trimming) went for after not finding anyone interested in it on local marketplaces and Facebook groups.

100% this auction is getting a boost since I'm sure everyone is thinking they could crack it and resubmit to CBCS for a verified signature and possibly have them miss the very janky trimming.

Yeah could be that. Big risk hoping the other company won't notice the trimming. I wouldn't think any cb cs .5 Complete unrestored would go for much more than 10k in an honest auction. Who knows what people are thinking anymore.

On 8/1/2022 at 3:23 PM, DST said:

Although he technically first graced the newsstands on June 5, 1962, here’s to observing Spider-Man’s 60th anniversary on his official publication cover date of August 1, 1962.  Happy Birthday AF15 🥳

74A21C9F-57F7-47BC-AEB1-085A4E282833.thumb.jpeg.08e0424f17710aa6da8700445bd2d692.jpeg

The colors look amazing compared to the 7.5 in HA.