• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

THE AMAZING FANTASY #15 CLUB
39 39

14,484 posts in this topic

Congrats on picking up the 12th page to complete your book! I'm glad it was available for sale! I too had an experience where I bought a raw X-Men #1 and it was missing the cf. This was before I counted pages as well. I just hope collectors will have the habit to count the pages before they make a purchase.
not counting the pages on a raw book is like buying a car without test driving :)

Yesterday we saw KirbyJack serendipitously complete his Af15 by buying page 12 off of ebay for the low price of $169. That was really cool to see.

That page has no artwork on either side which might be why it was being offered for such a low price. In fact, I suppose you could argue that he overpaid for a non-artwork page, BUT when you need a page you need a page, and that deal worked out great for him.

According to GPA, 2 of the slabbed pages from the ASM 1 Spidey Story have gone for over $300 each with one fetching $360 in 2013.

I'm wondering, what do you think just the splash page (page 1) would be valued at? I happen to have that page by itself and was curious what it's value might be. Do you think $500?

With the way even coverless copies of Af15 are rising I think we might start seeing more individual pages being slabbed.

Edited by gadzukes

Pretty cool and congrats Kirbyjack. I actually was going to buy it now but happy I didn't as you need that page more than I do.

Thanks!

Just another factor that made this whole thing the comic nerd equivalent to a full court shot on YouTube.

Gadzukes, I don't know the value of your splash, but I would have paid $500 for it if I needed it. Easy.

Congrats on picking up the 12th page to complete your book! I'm glad it was available for sale! I too had an experience where I bought a raw X-Men #1 and it was missing the cf. This was before I counted pages as well. I just hope collectors will have the habit to count the pages before they make a purchase.
not counting the pages on a raw book is like buying a car without test driving :)

Absolutely right (thumbs u

I just got my copy back, and was more than a little surprised!

:grin:

Page 12 has the "Important announcement" from Stan Lee on one side saying they were dropping the word "Adult" from the title.

You need to get over to Ebay and buy page 12 right now. It's being sold for $169. Complete your comic!!!

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Amazing-Fantasy-1962-15-CGC-NG-12th-Page-Only-0218044005-/131578389090?hash=item1ea2aee262

So now, what to do? Do I resubmit? Is there a way to reattach that doesn't get me a purple label?

If I just lay it in there loose do I get a 1.0 because of the detached pages? Should I just Ask GAtor? :D

So now, what to do? Do I resubmit? Is there a way to reattach that doesn't get me a purple label?

If I just lay it in there loose do I get a 1.0 because of the detached pages? Should I just Ask GAtor? :D

You're going to probably get a 1.0 purple or green label no matter what.

So.... why not give it to Matt & Kenny (or one of the other major restorers). Kenny can leafcast your page back into the book so it looks perfect. He can also leaf cast the missing piece of your cover and color touch it to look 99% perfect.

I'm pretty sure they could take your AF15 all the way up to a 5.0 or so.

Go ahead and send them a PM to get info.

Or, just resub and go for the 1.0 green/purple. At least it's complete now.

Page 12 has the "Important announcement" from Stan Lee on one side saying they were dropping the word "Adult" from the title.

You need to get over to Ebay and buy page 12 right now. It's being sold for $169. Complete your comic!!!

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Amazing-Fantasy-1962-15-CGC-NG-12th-Page-Only-0218044005-/131578389090?hash=item1ea2aee262

How about, just leave the book and page slabbed as is. As a buyer i wouldnt mind having a 'complete book' in 2 different slabs, i rather have 2 blues insted 1 green or purple

Edited by SpiderTurtle

How about, just leave the book and page slabbed as is. As a buyer i wouldnt mind having a 'complete book' in 2 different slabs, i rather have 2 blues insted 1 green or purple

Great idea! I hadn't thought of that option.

Edited by gadzukes

Almost definitely a green label if you resubmit, not a purple. That's what I would do if it were me. Either way, congrats on completing the book!

If he cracks BOTH and resubmits them as ONE raw book, I think he will get a blue label.

The missing page that he has is from an AF 15 and not another book so CGC may not notice.

Plus you can get a 2.0 with a detached centerfold so maybe it will grade out higher.

Almost definitely a green label if you resubmit, not a purple. That's what I would do if it were me. Either way, congrats on completing the book!

If he cracks BOTH and resubmits them as ONE raw book, I think he will get a blue label.

The missing page that he has is from an AF 15 and not another book so CGC may not notice.

Plus you can get a 2.0 with a detached centerfold so maybe it will grade out higher.

I could be wrong, but they may notice if staple placement on the single page does not match the rest of the book.

I could be wrong, but they may notice if staple placement on the single page does not match the rest of the book.

Good point Steve!!

Good thing the boards are usually a team effort (thumbs u