• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

THE AMAZING FANTASY #15 CLUB
39 39

14,484 posts in this topic

This Hulk 1 in the same exact grade as the AF15 CGC 6.5 sold on ComicLink for 33 120$.

But hey I guess AF15 is way ahead of Hulk 1 and always will be.

http://www.comiclink.com/itemdetail.asp?back=%2Fsearch.asp%3Fwhere%3Dsell%26title%3Dhulk%2B1%26x%3D12%26y%3D16%26ItemType%3DCB&id=1058190

The Amazing Fantasy #15 had Marvel chipping on it which seems to keep prices lower. Meanwhile the Hulk #1 looked like a 7.0 copy in a 6.5 holder. They weren't really comparable copies.

This copy is more comparable to the AF #15 that just sold.

http://www.comiclink.com/auctions/item.asp?back=%2FAuctions%2Fdefault.asp%3FFocused%3D1%23Item_1077721&id=1077721

Roy is correct ... Not all 6.5s are created equal. I didn't bid on the 6.5 due to weak eye appeal.

This is a prime example of why those that rely solely on gpa data to make a point are often not supporting their point ;)

He'll just have to learn how to not rely on lone, obvious outlier pricing next time. lol

-J.

Hungry for hulk1 to pass af15 eh?, not happening (on level playing ground , sorry)

That said, back in the day I never thought Batman's popularity could ever eclipse Superman's

Come on Old Timers…you know what I'm talking about!

Hungry for hulk1 to pass af15 eh?, not happening (on level playing ground , sorry)

That said, back in the day I never thought Batman's popularity could ever eclipse Superman's

Come on Old Timers…you know what I'm talking about!

Not an old timer, but I agree... However this isn't the same case. -Dc has superman/batman then everyone else - in marvel theres quite a few in between Spider-Man and hulk (popularity wise)

Comic is coming back from CGC.

I ended up getting a 4.0 with OW-W pages on this one.

I think they hammered the stain (like everyone said they would)

P1100383_zpsmwxormzq.jpg

That is truly one excellent 4.0!

I think the book would have graded higher but that cover crease on the right side is the big reason that book isn't in a 4.5/5.0 holder.

Nice copy though and more importantly it came back in a blue label.

Edited by SPECTRE_nWo

P1100383_zpsmwxormzq.jpg

That is truly one excellent 4.0!

I think the book would have graded higher but that cover crease on the right side is the big reason that book isn't in a 4.5/5.0 holder.

Nice copy though and more importantly it came back in a blue label.

Agree 100% , great book either way!

P1100383_zpsmwxormzq.jpg

I didn't see any back story on this book. Curious how it was obtained raw…?

(and in agreement with other comments: a truly superb 4.0)

P1100383_zpsmwxormzq.jpg

Halfway down this page is where the backstory on this comic starts. Look for my Avatar.

Looking back at my initial post I see that I graded it at 4.5-5.5 myself. In hand it sure looked nice. I think I was really overlooking the stains though.

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=7357146&nt=156&fpart=136

Edited by gadzukes

P1100383_zpsmwxormzq.jpg

Halfway down this page is where the backstory on this comic starts. Look for my Avatar.

Looking back at my initial post I see that I graded it at 4.5-5.5 myself. In hand it sure looked nice. I think I was really overlooking the stains though.

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=7357146&nt=156&fpart=136

Stains or not, your book looks every bit a 4.5. Truly great presenting book. Grats!

P1100383_zpsmwxormzq.jpg

Stains or not, your book looks every bit a 4.5. Truly great presenting book. Grats!

.... even though the stain is there, if you ever sold you'd likely get better than 4.0 money for the eye appeal. Many people will overlook the stain for such a well presenting copy. GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

P1100383_zpsmwxormzq.jpg

Ah yes - I had read that at the time but didn't recall it and put 2 and 2 together. What a dream story!

(press and re-sub…? Just asking…)