• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

THE AMAZING FANTASY #15 CLUB
39 39

14,484 posts in this topic

Matt just proscreened my AF15 and said it is indeed resto free (which I could tell myself, but it's always nice to have that confirmed).

He then stated it was a good press candidate, which is nice to hear.

And then he said something that got me excited. He said "The pages are GORGEOUS, likely white."

If I get a "White Pages" designation, I'm going to be absolutely stoked.

Anyone know how many Af15s have White pages?

P1100383_zpsmwxormzq.jpg

Edited by gadzukes

Matt just proscreened my AF15 and said it is indeed resto free (which I could tell myself, but it's always nice to have that confirmed).

He then stated it was a good press candidate, which is nice to hear.

And then he said something that got me excited. He said "The pages are GORGEOUS, likely white."

If I get a "White Pages" designation, I'm going to be absolutely stoked.

Anyone know how many Af15s have White pages?

P1100383_zpsmwxormzq.jpg

That is excellent news.

What a nice copy, it might grade higher then a 4.5 , maybe a 5.0

Good Luck (thumbs u

Yeah, that's a great copy for whatever grade it comes out as. No real yellowing on the cover, which is so common.

As to the question of 'how many have white pages?', I saw an Ebay listing for a white-paged AF #15 that claimed that he had talked to CGC to confirm that only 23 Universal copies had been given the designation so far. 23 out of 1479 = 1.5%, so that seems pretty low to me, even with resubmissions. But maybe not more than 5%?

Dan

Yeah, that's a great copy for whatever grade it comes out as. No real yellowing on the cover, which is so common.

As to the question of 'how many have white pages?', I saw an Ebay listing for a white-paged AF #15 that claimed that he had talked to CGC to confirm that only 23 Universal copies had been given the designation so far. 23 out of 1479 = 1.5%, so that seems pretty low to me, even with resubmissions. But maybe not more than 5%?

Dan

Do all marvels from the early 60s have that few White pages? It seems like I've seen quite a few Avengers 1 & Daredevil 1 with White pages.

Daredevil 1 with white pages?? That might be one of , if not the rarest of ALL SA keys with white pages!

Maybe I'm just thinking of how many really bright white covers I've seen.

I actually think DD 1 (and Avengers 4 for that matter), are books that tend to have lower page quality. For whatever reason, it just seems that way.

Daredevil 1 with white pages?? That might be one of , if not the rarest of ALL SA keys with white pages!

Maybe I'm just thinking of how many really bright white covers I've seen.

I actually think DD 1 (and Avengers 4 for that matter), are books that tend to have lower page quality.

100% - especially with dd1, There's a nice premium if you can find one with white pages!

Non the less , an AF15 with white pages is :cloud9::luhv:

The keys I see the most with white pages include Hulk #1, JIM #83, FF #4 and #5, and occasionally Avengers #1. I rarely see AF #15 or FF #1 (unless a pedigree), and the others are probably pretty rare as well...ST #110 doesn't seem to have a lot of copies out there...neither does TOS #39.

None of this is scientific, though. I collect SA keys with white pages, though, so I see a lot of books looking for the designation!

Dan

Along those lines…

I have a 7.0 Blue in the upcoming CC Event auction. However, there are also a 7.5 and 5.5 (both Blue) and an 8.0 Purple in the same auction.

Opinions please: does the 7.5 in the same auction help or hurt the bidding (hammer price) on my 7.0?

Thanks