• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

THE AMAZING FANTASY #15 CLUB
39 39

14,484 posts in this topic

Along those lines…

I have a 7.0 Blue in the upcoming CC Event auction. However, there are also a 7.5 and 5.5 (both Blue) and an 8.0 Purple in the same auction.

Opinions please: does the 7.5 in the same auction help or hurt the bidding (hammer price) on my 7.0?

Thanks

That's impossible to say. I would keep an eye on the hulk 1's in the comic link auction. There's quite a few there as well. So far there seems to be a buyer at every price point. I'm sure you'll be fine.

-J.

Along those lines…

I have a 7.0 Blue in the upcoming CC Event auction. However, there are also a 7.5 and 5.5 (both Blue) and an 8.0 Purple in the same auction.

Opinions please: does the 7.5 in the same auction help or hurt the bidding (hammer price) on my 7.0?

Thanks

That's impossible to say. I would keep an eye on the hulk 1's in the comic link auction. There's quite a few there as well. So far there seems to be a buyer at every price point. I'm sure you'll be fine.

-J.

I agree with this ^

What was the best offer?

It sold for the full $17k. :ohnoez:

-J.

Not even that pretty of a 4.0 IMO.

I was thinking the same thing. That scrape area under spidey's arm is pretty bad. I think if I'm shelling out $17k I'm going to wait for the best presenting 4.0-4.5 I can find.

Edited by gadzukes

What was the best offer?

-J.

Not even that pretty of a 4.0 IMO.

I was thinking the same thing. That scrape area under spidey's arm is pretty bad. I think if I'm shelling out $17 I'm going to wait for the best presenting 4.0-4.5 I can find.

Hold up. Are we back in 1970?.... :jokealert:

I agree, if I pay premium . It's for a copy I am looking to keep hm

Along those lines…

Thanks

I hate to say it, but the presence of the 7.5 certainly has the potential to hurt the hammer price of your book by removing at least one bidder -- the winner of the 7.5. In addition, given the clock resets that CC uses when a lot is ending, it's possible that the losing bidders on the 7.5 won't know that they've definitely lost until after bidding on your book closes. So those bidders won't have had a chance to bid on your book.

What was the best offer?

-J.

Do you know the seller? Or is the seller a boardie? Just curious if ebay has changed viewing best offer options.

Both watchcount and GPA show the full boat price of $17k. (thumbs u

Beautiful 4.0 you have there BM Cruz! :applause:

-J.

What was the best offer?

-J.

Do you know the seller? Or is the seller a boardie? Just curious if ebay has changed viewing best offer options.

Both watchcount and GPA show the full boat price of $17k. (thumbs u

Beautiful 4.0 you have there BM Cruz! :applause:

-J.

Wow, what a sale price! This book is still kicking in all cylinders.

Along those lines…

Thanks

I hate to say it, but the presence of the 7.5 certainly has the potential to hurt the hammer price of your book by removing at least one bidder -- the winner of the 7.5. In addition, given the clock resets that CC uses when a lot is ending, it's possible that the losing bidders on the 7.5 won't know that they've definitely lost until after bidding on your book closes. So those bidders won't have had a chance to bid on your book.

I was hoping that the group of bidders for the 7.5 wouldn't have much overlap with the group of bidders for the 7.0. Also was hoping the higher bids on the 7.5 would coax the 7.0 bids upwards...

Along those lines…

Thanks

I was hoping that the group of bidders for the 7.5 wouldn't have much overlap with the group of bidders for the 7.0. Also was hoping the higher bids on the 7.5 would coax the 7.0 bids upwards...

Some good points, there 1 minute apart from each other on the end time.

Along those lines…

Thanks

Some good points, there 1 minute apart from each other on the end time.

The books are two completely different price points. They won't cannibalize each other at all.

Additionally, both books will undoubtedly go into "extended bidding time".

-J.