• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

THE AMAZING FANTASY #15 CLUB
39 39

14,484 posts in this topic

Comic is coming back from CGC.

I ended up getting a 4.0 with OW-W pages on this one.

I think they hammered the stain (like everyone said they would)

I didn't see any back story on this book. Curious how it was obtained raw…?

(and in agreement with other comments: a truly superb 4.0)

Halfway down this page is where the backstory on this comic starts. Look for my Avatar.

Looking back at my initial post I see that I graded it at 4.5-5.5 myself. In hand it sure looked nice. I think I was really overlooking the stains though.

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=7357146&nt=156&fpart=136

Ah yes - I had read that at the time but didn't recall it and put 2 and 2 together. What a dream story!

(press and re-sub…? Just asking…)

I already had it pressed. It's expensive to have a comic like this repressed and resubbed.

Halfway down this page is where the backstory on this comic starts. Look for my Avatar.

Looking back at my initial post I see that I graded it at 4.5-5.5 myself. In hand it sure looked nice. I think I was really overlooking the stains though.

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=7357146&nt=156&fpart=136

Ah yes - I had read that at the time but didn't recall it and put 2 and 2 together. What a dream story!

I already had it pressed. It's expensive to have a comic like this repressed and resubbed.

Ah. So I guess the non color-breaking indentations on your scan were pressed out post-scan. Obviously, a half-grade bump on a book like this more than covers the cost of pressing/re-subbing...

Yes, the photo above was pre pressing. I was hoping for a half grade bump. But I don't think I got it. I think it would have gotten a 4.0 grade regardless of the press.

Ah. So I guess the non color-breaking indentations on your scan were pressed out post-scan. Obviously, a half-grade bump on a book like this more than covers the cost of pressing/re-subbing...

Allow me to amend my own comment:

IMO it's a worthwhile gamble that a future sale due to a half-grade bump on a book like this would more than cover the cost of pressing/re-subbing...

Edited by Racer-X

Did you guys see this one on ebay?

Coverless AND no 1st wrap and it still brought $1125!

I was thinking of bidding but once it went over $1k I was out.

On the good side, the page quality was nice and it had the CF.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/141772415335?_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

Edited by gadzukes

I was bidding on it as I wanted the one page to complete my coverless one. unfortunately with 10 sec left I put a higher bid in than what the winner won it for, but ebay didn't accept it for whatever reason and I was stuck empty handed.

Its probably that the other bidder bid first, and your bid was not a full increment higher than his.

Looks to me like it's all the original cover, just a piece is only attached by tape. I have seen this before in blue label books, I don't think it is restored unless the piece added is reattached by something other than tape or the piece is not original. Any other input is appreciated though, especially since that piece is easily removed if need be. It's not like it would hurt the grade.