• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

EBAY: BLOCKED USER LIST
54 54

8,602 posts in this topic

On 10/3/2023 at 8:27 AM, flchris said:

Starts out as an innocent too-good-to-be-true find but then a TMNT-expert board member finds out the seller attempted to scam buyers with faked Twitter messages from Eastman himself. Listing has already been canceled (possibly after the board member caught it). Up to you if you want to block but I wouldn't want to deal with someone that might be trying to scam others. eBay user in question: superman131313

For anyone following this other thread re:counterfeit TMNT, the comic is up for sale again but as a “rare” counterfeit for $5k. The seller may be connected to or even be the same person as the original scammer. (Current seller is mabear80 and a person who reached out to the CGC board member/TMNT expert had a name that could be shortened to “mabear”.)

mcca5355

Buyer bought a Daredevil 226 CGC 9.8, Opens a return with "Item not as described/Photos" Proceeds to send photos of the book in the case and says "there's 2 small spine creases, not a 9.8"  I spoke with eBay about his fraud/return abuse. Told me to report the buyer, they'll investigate this case and refund me on the return label and to further escalate the case when I receive the book back.  I contacted him and told him he'll be blocked from future purchases and i'll be advancing this return case once I get the book back and that this is not how returns work. So if anyone is reading this who returns CGC books because they don't like how CGC graded the book, you are committing return fraud.  

Deadbeats/ghosts are epidemic.

First, this winner sent a cancelation request within minutes of auction end saying "found a better price". 

jaxfl46

And this is a zero feedback winner who didn't pay:

teodo_79

On 10/8/2023 at 11:22 PM, Kevin76 said:

mcca5355

Buyer bought a Daredevil 226 CGC 9.8, Opens a return with "Item not as described/Photos" Proceeds to send photos of the book in the case and says "there's 2 small spine creases, not a 9.8"  I spoke with eBay about his fraud/return abuse. Told me to report the buyer, they'll investigate this case and refund me on the return label and to further escalate the case when I receive the book back.  I contacted him and told him he'll be blocked from future purchases and i'll be advancing this return case once I get the book back and that this is not how returns work. So if anyone is reading this who returns CGC books because they don't like how CGC graded the book, you are committing return fraud.  

Thank you for confirming this.  I also had a buyer that did the same and returned the CGC graded book claiming he just didn't like it.  He even had the audacity to ask me to pay him back for the shipping cost after I provided him the refund.  Feel free to block the following individual.

818ozzy88

Edited by Escaflown41

Feel free to add this guy to your block list for partial refund fishing / feedback extortion.

sunsetpoem66

This buyer reached out to me enthusiastically about my Vampirella books I had in my eBay store and purchased one of my lots.  After some back and forth messaging through eBay, I told him I had a bunch more Vampirella books that haven't been listed yet.  We worked out which books he wanted so I can build him a custom listing on eBay.  Then he tells me that he will spring for the custom listing a few weeks later which I said that's fine.  After he receives the first lot that he purchased, he reaches out to me telling me one of the books didn't meet his standard and asked for a free book in the custom listing as a "replacement".  I didn't think much about it and told him that's fine as long as he's going to follow up on his end to move forward with it.  About two weeks later, he buys the custom listing and reaches out to me again saying two of the books did not meet his "standard".  I apologized to him that the books didn't meet his expectations and told him to just send it all back to me for a full refund.  He wanted to keep the books and asked for a partial refund if I wanted a positive feedback, which he literally wrote word for word in eBay's messaging system.  I had the custom lot graded as a VF.  He showed me pictures of the two books with just a few spine dings calling them VG+ (:jawdrop:).  At this point, I already knew he's just fishing for a partial refund and reported & blocked him on eBay.  He followed up by leaving me a neutral feedback which was pretty easy to get eBay to removed after they read through our messages.  Feel free to block him if you do not want to deal with this headache.

So if anyone is reading this who returns CGC books because they don't like how CGC graded the book, you are committing return fraud.  

Unless the Seller has Free 30 Day Returns as the Return Policy. Then you can return the item for any reason, or no reason at all.

So watch your settings.:preach:

mcca5355

Some people don't realize that as long as you advertise the book as a "CGC 9.8", it doesn't matter what they think is a 9.8 ... it's exactly as advertised, a "CGC 9.8".

On 10/10/2023 at 8:39 AM, RockMyAmadeus said:

119_0838.thumb.JPG.02eaa9f626c296749666ac8772d5001c.JPG

:popcorn:

According to what's been posted, this book is a CGC 9.8 regardless of that 1" spine split and attempting to return it for being seriously over-graded is "return fraud".  :roflmao:

That sound crazy to me.  If the book has been over-graded and the seller is aware of this, but stands behind that grade, isn't that fraud as well?

And anything can happen to a graded comic any time from the moment it leaves CGC. It could be dropped, violently shaken, some other damage, etc. Even CGC states they are not responsible once it leaves their hands.

So a 9.8 might not remain a 9.8, especially after changing hands many times. And provided photos may not show the extent of these changes in condition. Should the Buyer be the victim of the downgrade?

Edited by Lightning55

mago6707

This piece of work asked why an order got cancelled and I told him it was because he didn't pay within 4 days after numerous reminders. Since he was bidding on other items of mine, he responded with: "Ok, well then cancel all my bids since you want to be jerk about it."

I responded with "Done. And I’m not being a jerk, you’re violating eBay’s policy by not paying within 4 days. Also, if you needed more time to pay, you should have contacted me."

They replied with "Still a jerk"

Edited by FigaroToe

On 10/12/2023 at 9:08 AM, FigaroToe said:

mago6707

This piece of work asked why an order got cancelled and I told him it was because he didn't pay within 4 days after numerous reminders. Since he was bidding on other items of mine, he responded with: "Ok, well then cancel all my bids since you want to be jerk about it."

I responded with "Done. And I’m not being a jerk, you’re violating eBay’s policy by not paying within 4 days. Also, if you needed more time to pay, you should have contacted me."

They replied with "Still a jerk"

Hmm, I agree he should have contacted you, but he might have just been angling to reduce shipping costs by paying for everything in one shipment. I've let people go beyond the 4 days for that reason. Did you think of responding along the lines of "Oh, OK, but in future please let me know if you waiting for other auctions to end"?

The combined shipping tactic came to my mind also, but then I remembered this:

On 10/11/2023 at 9:01 PM, AJD said:

didn't pay within 4 days after numerous reminders

During any of those reminders, he could have mentioned his intent to bundle some auctions, ask about combined shipping, see if the seller minded waiting, give the seller the choice to wait or did he want payment as things progressed, etc. You know, common courtesy to let the seller in on the game plan instead of just presuming it's ok. 

But he thinks the seller is a jerk because he is left to read the buyer's mind. That's because the buyer is an A-h0le, and deserves to be canceled and blocked. And hopefully Reported as a non-payer.

You might think I am a Seller, siding with @FigaroToe. I am a Seller, but more often a Buyer. I just have zero tolerance for ignorance and rudeness on either side of the transaction. 

On 10/11/2023 at 6:01 PM, AJD said:

Hmm, I agree he should have contacted you, but he might have just been angling to reduce shipping costs by paying for everything in one shipment. I've let people go beyond the 4 days for that reason. Did you think of responding along the lines of "Oh, OK, but in future please let me know if you waiting for other auctions to end"?

On 10/11/2023 at 8:11 PM, Lightning55 said:

The combined shipping tactic came to my mind also, but then I remembered this:

During any of those reminders, he could have mentioned his intent to bundle some auctions, ask about combined shipping, see if the seller minded waiting, give the seller the choice to wait or did he want payment as things progressed, etc. You know, common courtesy to let the seller in on the game plan instead of just presuming it's ok. 

But he thinks the seller is a jerk because he is left to read the buyer's mind. That's because the buyer is an A-h0le, and deserves to be canceled and blocked. And hopefully Reported as a non-payer.

You might think I am a Seller, siding with @FigaroToe. I am a Seller, but more often a Buyer. I just have zero tolerance for ignorance and rudeness on either side of the transaction. 

My biggest issue was, like @Lightning55 said, not telling me that they needed more time. I've sold quite a few things on eBay and when a buyer does not pay or message me within 4 days, it's 99% a sign that they don't want the item and are purposefully ghosting me. I think @AJD is right though, that they were trying to wait until all the other auctions finished to wrap up everything in one package to reduce shipping costs, which I would've be totally fine with, IF they contacted me about it in an appropriate amount of time and said that they needed more time, or even asked if I did reduced/combined shipping. In my mind, not communicating with me in 96 hours after the initial auction ended was a sign that if they were to win any upcoming auctions, they wouldn't pay as well.

Another deadbeat/ghost. It really is epidemic these days. No pay, no communication, and it's odd because they have decent feedback as well.

robpow_2950

On 10/4/2023 at 4:17 PM, FlyingDonut said:

sonofalbert

Says things came damaged - whatever - but says he is "texting" me and I'm not responding. Dude, you're not "texting" me because you don't have my phone number. I'm not sure what you're doing. I gave him a refund but I told him to never buy from me again.

eBay does give your phone number to both buyers and sellers. So it’s possible he’s trying to text you. 

On 10/15/2023 at 1:20 PM, F For Fake said:

Another deadbeat/ghost. It really is epidemic these days. No pay, no communication, and it's odd because they have decent feedback as well.

robpow_2950

eBay doesn’t allow sellers to leave negative feedback for buyers.  It’s not even an option and if a seller left a negative comment for a deadbeat buyer they can contact eBay to have it removed. So feedback isn’t reliable. 

On 10/21/2023 at 1:10 AM, Corona smith said:

eBay doesn’t allow sellers to leave negative feedback for buyers.  It’s not even an option and if a seller left a negative comment for a deadbeat buyer they can contact eBay to have it removed. So feedback isn’t reliable. 

They used to allow sellers to use negative feedback. Most of the changes they made over the past couple of decades are in favour of the buyers and as time goes on the value of selling there continually drops.