• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

E.C. Fan Addict THREAD
26 26

6,383 posts in this topic

On 1/7/2022 at 3:18 PM, Hap Hazard said:

Congrats on finding them all, some take bit of searching to locate. Here's my set.

tales from the cypt Random House.JPG

I got all mine in 2021! The Camp, Carnival and Class Trip were a pain in the @22! 

I didnt really care about grade as they were fun to hunt down. Plus I want to read them to the kids!

On 1/8/2022 at 11:48 AM, OtherEric said:

A spectacular achievement!

Personally, I would say CoT 18 is New Trend... it says so right on the cover... but Crime Patrol 15 & 16 are not actually New Trend, but either the last pre-trend books or best considered as the transitional books between pre-trend and new trend without actually being fully New Trend.

OtherEric Johnson is right!  :yeehaw:

On 1/8/2022 at 9:27 AM, Robot Man said:

A BIG day for me yesterday when this package arrived.

At the beginning of 2021, I still needed 19 books to complete my main run of New trend titles. I consider these to be MAD, Panic, CSS, SSS, Frontline Combat, Two Fisted, all 3 Sci-Fi titles, and the 3 main horror titles.

My goal was to complete these. I needed anywhere from 1 to 4 issues of most of these titles. Well, I pecked away all year and got down to this one issue. And on New Year’s Eve, just under the wire, I scored it. Only a reader but can upgrade in time.

Now what? I have slowly picked up the earlier crime, romance, International, & Moon Girl. With no real due date, I am going to seek the rest of these I need.

I do still have a bit of a steep hill though. I still need Crime Patrol 15 & 16 and COT 18. Not sure if they would be considered pre or new trend so depending how you look at it, I might not be technically done with New Trend.

Either way, amazed I could finish this quest in one year. And then, there also a few upgrades like this one needed. 

57305CC5-564C-4215-A3FE-B0CA4044F15D.jpeg

333B8851-CCC5-43FC-961A-3558B66DB3DB.jpeg

Well done!!  I'm about a half dozen issues behind you.

On 1/8/2022 at 9:21 PM, jimjum12 said:

:golfclap:

Your posts are so 'real time". I'm glad you found this place. You've made it a better site, GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus)(thumbsu

Honestly there are a few people on the boards that make them great and you @jimjum12 are one of them! 

Congrats, Bob

A great feeling finishing a run. As you know if your starting to chase the Pre-Trend some of those are truely rarer than Hens Teeth!

On 1/8/2022 at 9:27 AM, Robot Man said:

A BIG day for me yesterday when this package arrived.

At the beginning of 2021, I still needed 19 books to complete my main run of New trend titles. I consider these to be MAD, Panic, CSS, SSS, Frontline Combat, Two Fisted, all 3 Sci-Fi titles, and the 3 main horror titles.

My goal was to complete these. I needed anywhere from 1 to 4 issues of most of these titles. Well, I pecked away all year and got down to this one issue. And on New Year’s Eve, just under the wire, I scored it. Only a reader but can upgrade in time.

Now what? I have slowly picked up the earlier crime, romance, International, & Moon Girl. With no real due date, I am going to seek the rest of these I need.

I do still have a bit of a steep hill though. I still need Crime Patrol 15 & 16 and COT 18. Not sure if they would be considered pre or new trend so depending how you look at it, I might not be technically done with New Trend.

Either way, amazed I could finish this quest in one year. And then, there also a few upgrades like this one needed. 

57305CC5-564C-4215-A3FE-B0CA4044F15D.jpeg

333B8851-CCC5-43FC-961A-3558B66DB3DB.jpeg

On 1/9/2022 at 5:25 PM, Hap Hazard said:

Congrats, Bob

A great feeling finishing a run. As you know if your starting to chase the Pre-Trend some of those are truely rarer than Hens Teeth!

Indeed. I approach them as books of “opportunity” at this point. They, (other than mostly the romance Feldstein covers), are not must have books.

At one time, I had them all. Pre-internet they were pretty cheap but always been a bit of a challenge. 

On 1/10/2022 at 9:09 AM, Robot Man said:

Pre-internet they were pretty cheap but always been a bit of a challenge. 

Tell me about it.  I remember back around the mid-late '70's, one time when we went to the Saugus swap meet.  There was a guy who had a metal rack, displaying beautiful condition EC horror titles.  I just didn't have the scratch at the time.  8 bucks each.