• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Where in the world was the Quality Control at CGC???
44 44

6,124 posts in this topic

On 1/18/2023 at 9:52 AM, Nic8612 said:

and yes they sealed it right across the book itself.

It's pretty unlikely that this happened.  US welding is usually in one direction, and you have a seam on the back of the inner well.  What more likely happened is that the seam came apart and the book slid down.  I've had that happen before, thankfully without damage. 

On 1/18/2023 at 3:07 PM, BlowUpTheMoon said:

I wonder if we should start keeping track of the Quality Control people that are signing off of these shipments. 

Example:  QC #7 allowed my one book order to be shipped despite moderate scuffing on the inner well.

qc.thumb.jpg.db7068ca11ab96f76b8a719409562767.jpg

For the purposes of data accumulation, for what it's worth I unpacked a box of moderns two days ago with a stamp "inspected by QC #6" that had zero Newton rings, zero hairs, zero plastic shards, zero label errors even on some fairly obscure independent books. #6 gets a thumbs-up from me.

I'm so freaking glad cgc can fix the absolute basic errors. This book spent 3 months with cgc to be returned with the same error and additional damage to the book. I guess cgc customer service can waste more money.  Thanks to inspector #7 who also signed off on it being good to go. 

Cgc is OUF of respect from me. 

@CGC Mike

Image (181).jpg

20230120_171748.jpg

The funny thing is the vast majority of these errors are so dang easy to prevent. All it would take is for the QC people to actually do their stinking job.

It almost seems like CGC/Blackstone has determined that better QC would take too big of a bite out of their bottom line. But we all know that can't be.

Edited by Gaard