• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Where in the world was the Quality Control at CGC???
44 44

6,124 posts in this topic

Not just 1 but all 3 of my Batman #118 comics have this label. That’s a problem when all 3 of them passed Quality Control. But you know CGC has a big fan club and everybody loves them because they have been in business a long time. We love to send our books to them because if we sell them we get high $ for them. If CGC puts a wrong label on something and once they slab it, for them to be the leader in grading comics, it should bring more value to the comic. Of course I know it’s just a label. The label becomes apart of the book once it’s in the slab because it’s CGC and they made the mistake. And besides, this label is talking about what Todd did but what he obviously didn’t do. I was looking for a blue label like they emailed and told me. Besides, the label lied on Todd. They should change it to a Lying Label. 

Edited by hogan36

• Administrator
On 12/27/2022 at 12:00 PM, hogan36 said:

Not just 1 but all 3 of my Batman #118 comics have this label. That’s a problem when all 3 of them passed Quality Control. But you know CGC has a big fan club and everybody loves them because they have been in business a long time. We love to send our books to them because if we sell them we get high $ for them. If CGC puts a wrong label on something and once they slab it, for them to be the leader in grading comics, it should bring more value to the comic. Of course I know it’s just a label. The label becomes apart of the book once it’s in the slab because it’s CGC and they made the mistake. And besides, this label is talking about what Todd did but what he obviously didn’t do. I was looking for a blue label like they emailed and told me. Besides, the label lied on Todd. They should change it to a Lying Label. 

Hello

You can send these back, and we will fix them at our expense.  That includes paying shipping both ways.  If you live in the US, just fill out a submission form by selecting mechanical error as the service.  After doing so, a prepaid shipping label will be sent to you.  Be sure to write the problem on the packing slip, as well as the form.  Also, write ME in multiple spots on the box.  

If you do not live in the US, you would need to send pictures and state the problem to customer service submissions@cgccomics.com and they will send you a prepaid shipping label.   

On 12/27/2022 at 12:00 PM, hogan36 said:

everybody loves them because they have been in business a long time. 

Not a great reason to love something.

Anyway, your praise of the company is very dated.  It's not the same company.

On 12/27/2022 at 12:27 PM, ASSA9 said:

How?

How did you manage to make that happen?  

I've tried so many times to have incorrect information corrected. 

Always have to resubmit (M.E.)

Only thing I did was submit them and hope that Todd would sign them. It's pretty cool still. All the comics have a 9.8. The only thing wrong is that they received a Yellow label instead of a Blue Label and have no signature on them from Todd.  I think it's a plus in my book. Maybe Todd held them in his hand and looked at them and that resulted in the comics getting  a Yellow Label. I think it's awesome! I also have a comic by Tyler Kirkham which wasn't signed and still received a Yellow Label. Kirkham remarked the comic which I guess would qualify as his signature. I’m not sure. Maybe that's the new thing now. Here are the other 2 graded Yellow Label with no signature.

batman #118 3001.jpg

batman #118 3003.jpg

Edited by hogan36

On 12/27/2022 at 2:43 PM, hogan36 said:

Only thing I did was submit them and hope that Todd would sign them. It's pretty cool still. All the comics have a 9.8. The only thing wrong is that they received a Yellow label instead of a Blue Label and have no signature on them from Todd.  I think it's a plus in my book. Maybe Todd held them in his hand and looked at them and that resulted in the comics getting  a Yellow Label. I think it's awesome! I also have a comic by Tyler Kirkham which wasn't signed and still received a Yellow Label. Maybe that's the new thing now. Here are the other 2 graded Yellow Label with no signature.

batman #118 3001.jpg

batman #118 3003.jpg

Here is an "artgerm sketch" that was also done in invisible ink :cheers: for the right price, someone could pry it away from me lol 

AS2

:jokealert:

On 12/26/2022 at 11:15 PM, hogan36 said:

Hello,

Happy Holidays! If a comic artist doesn't sign a book that isn't his and it still gets a yellow label, does that make it rare? What if the yellow label has “Signed by”, but the book has no signature? The artist emailed and refused to signed the books because he stated it wasn’t his work. The comic was supposed to be graded as Universal Label. How did it pass Authentication if it wasn’t signed and receive this label? 

Thank you! 

batman #118.jpeg

One of two things happened here:

1) Invisible Ink

2) QC issue

Guessing 2…

Nice looking book though!!

On 12/27/2022 at 3:43 PM, hogan36 said:

Maybe Todd held them in his hand and looked at them and that resulted in the comics getting  a Yellow Label. I think it's awesome! 

I assume you're kidding but if not, they probably never sat in the same room as Todd.   The staff knows the list of what he will and will not sign, and books he had nothing to do with, is usually on that list.

Wish I would have seen this thread sooner. Had a couple slabs come cracked, 1 had a crooked label, and another had a mis-spelled artist name in the description. Couple books look like they had damage from handling ( I need to start taking pictures of my books before sending them). I'm pretty much stuck with them unless I pay for re-holders. No thanks. Like the title says, where is the Quality Control at CGC? They really need to step there game up. I should not have to deal with sending books back for re-pairs after waiting those terrible wait times. 

• Administrator
On 1/6/2023 at 2:02 PM, eastbayrudy said:

Wish I would have seen this thread sooner. Had a couple slabs come cracked, 1 had a crooked label, and another had a mis-spelled artist name in the description. Couple books look like they had damage from handling ( I need to start taking pictures of my books before sending them). I'm pretty much stuck with them unless I pay for re-holders. No thanks. Like the title says, where is the Quality Control at CGC? They really need to step there game up. I should not have to deal with sending books back for re-pairs after waiting those terrible wait times. 

The crooked label and the one with the misspelled artist name can be sent in at our expense.  Just fill out an submission form by selecting mechanical error.  after doing so, a prepaid shipping label will be sent to you through the website.  (not by e-mail)  Be sure to write the reason for sending back on the packing slip.  Also write approved by CGC Mike.  Write ME in multiple spots on the outside of the box.  We will fix these and send them back to you at our expense.