• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Where in the world was the Quality Control at CGC???
44 44

6,124 posts in this topic

On 8/25/2021 at 9:09 PM, onlyweaknesskryptonite said:

You guys must have visited Florida.. 

Saw a vehicle with Florida plates.  Get out!!!

So I ask myself what could cause a man to make such an error and in abundance. Yes I know there are women involved too but bear with me. Then I think that maybe it's the work environment and that there are many distractions that would cause someone to not be on top of their game. So again I ask myself what would distract me enough to send out an ASM comic with a Wolverine label and I came up with this. (shrug)

jennifer-connelly-ride.gif

On 8/25/2021 at 8:56 AM, justafan said:

Wow! that's impressive.  How do you manage to get every single label exactly wrong?  I mean, I can understand 2 accidental label swaps but all of them!  That was either deliberate or they are moving so fast through the slabbing process they aren't even stopping to check labels with book titles.  If that's their post grade but preslabbing process, perhaps the simplest part of the whole grading/encapsulation process, I hate to see what their actual grading consistency and efforts are.  This is a joke. What's the TAT on having them fix that?!?

It wouldn't take that long to fix, but each book would have to be cracked out and reholdered. It is concerning that no one noticed this egregious error...

On 8/26/2021 at 12:50 PM, wombat said:

I figured out the problem. There is a contest going between CGC quality control and the group that maintains this forum. Whoever does a worse job gets a pizza party. 

38TlO1J.gif?noredirect

On 8/26/2021 at 12:50 PM, wombat said:

I figured out the problem. There is a contest going between CGC quality control and the group that maintains this forum. Whoever does a worse job gets a pizza party. 

c693a30905dfd5af1c03aad50e153933.gif.d567772cbf92439f3061ee73d3c5ff90.gif

On 8/26/2021 at 11:12 AM, Ride the Tiger said:

So I ask myself what could cause a man to make such an error and in abundance. Yes I know there are women involved too but bear with me. Then I think that maybe it's the work environment and that there are many distractions that would cause someone to not be on top of their game. So again I ask myself what would distract me enough to send out an ASM comic with a Wolverine label and I came up with this. (shrug)

jennifer-connelly-ride.gif

Career Opportunities :cloud9: