• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Where in the world was the Quality Control at CGC???
44 44

6,140 posts in this topic

On 8/19/2021 at 2:18 PM, Juno Beach said:

I have to say what surprises me the most is no comments from CGC in this thread. It looks like there are major problems with nothing but silence from them?

How many threads with complaints have an actual response from CGC? Not sure I have seen too many of those. 

On 8/19/2021 at 11:30 AM, wombat said:

How many threads with complaints have an actual response from CGC? Not sure I have seen too many of those. 

I've never seen this for a product. Seems like a strange business decision to have a place where people show problems with items and have no rep try to assure customers and rectify the issue. 

On 8/19/2021 at 12:30 PM, wombat said:

There's something to be said for consistency. Of course I won't be saying it because I'd get a strike.

On 8/18/2021 at 5:31 PM, Qalyar said:

That's still bad, because there should be approximately zero of this sort of error, but it's better than the alternative.

If there has to be an error label, that 0.4 grade is just darkly humorous, though..

Ive had shards, hair, comics damaged inside the slab, cgc damage my comics, the wrong person that signed something on the label and an inexcusable level of newton rings. Needless to say I have moved on from cgc due to their lack of QC.

Why would a company respond to a thread on a forum they don't care about?

The only way to rectify this is for the book owners to call CGC and complain. Nobody in charge even knows this forum exists, probably 

Actually, one step better. Find a reputable business complaint/good company site and start posting there. Some sort of tier rating system they may care about. They start seeing a zero star rating, things will change, quickly. 

BBB comes to mind. Wait till this company goes public after the merger...

When Newton rings were a major problem years back we all gave our 2 cents and they were forced to address the issue. A poll was even taken and a greater majority of the members said the rings were not acceptable. CGC was forced to start a thread concerning that issue assuring us all that the rings were ok. Most of us said nuh uh. They eventually had to fix the issue as tons of members were sending their slabs back to be reholdered correctly. We want these new problems to go away its time to make more noise. They do read these threads they just don't do anything till you back them in a corner. You all ready to do this again?

On 8/23/2021 at 6:26 AM, Ride the Tiger said:

When Newton rings were a major problem years back we all gave our 2 cents and they were forced to address the issue. A poll was even taken and a greater majority of the members said the rings were not acceptable. CGC was forced to start a thread concerning that issue assuring us all that the rings were ok. Most of us said nuh uh. They eventually had to fix the issue as tons of members were sending their slabs back to be reholdered correctly. We want these new problems to go away its time to make more noise. They do read these threads they just don't do anything till you back them in a corner. You all ready to do this again?

That's what happened, not reading the forums 

On 8/23/2021 at 1:47 PM, The Lions Den said:

doh!

Wow! that's impressive.  How do you manage to get every single label exactly wrong?  I mean, I can understand 2 accidental label swaps but all of them!  That was either deliberate or they are moving so fast through the slabbing process they aren't even stopping to check labels with book titles.  If that's their post grade but preslabbing process, perhaps the simplest part of the whole grading/encapsulation process, I hate to see what their actual grading consistency and efforts are.  This is a joke. What's the TAT on having them fix that?!?