• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Where in the world was the Quality Control at CGC???
44 44

6,140 posts in this topic

On 8/18/2021 at 4:28 PM, BlowUpTheMoon said:

All from Facebook.

That's still bad, because there should be approximately zero of this sort of error, but it's better than the alternative.

If there has to be an error label, that 0.4 grade is just darkly humorous, though..

On 8/15/2021 at 2:40 PM, KEY ISSUES Comics said:

It's something I've been conscious of for well over a decade. I recall getting two copies back of a book (something like a 9.2 and a 9.6) and thinking that the labels were accidentally swapped because the lower grade one looked significantly nicer than the higher one. Ever since then I've had my doubts, given the other mistakes that seem to occur regularly.

This exact thing happened to me very recently.  Two copies of the same book in the same order - one came back 9.8, the other 9.6.  The 9.6 looks better than the 9.8.  
I truly wonder if the labels were accidentally switched.  

On 8/18/2021 at 9:01 PM, djzombi said:

This exact thing happened to me very recently.  Two copies of the same book in the same order - one came back 9.8, the other 9.6.  The 9.6 looks better than the 9.8.  
I truly wonder if the labels were accidentally switched.  

Quite possibly, right? Who really knows? That's the problem. 

On 8/18/2021 at 2:57 PM, Randall Ries said:

What about those of us who send in our raw books to be graded and then keep? Those of us who sent in our parents or grandparents books and they come back damaged? Those of us who have NO investment in your profit margins? It'd be different if profitheads had to give up some of their profit to fix damaged books owned by the every day collector. What is really being done is profiteers looking the other way when something happens to given books and encouraging wrong headed behavior.

I'm not quite sure what you're trying to express.

Allow me to be clear about something: CGC's current lack of quality control is a real concern that needs to be addressed.

There are no two ways about that, in case you're of the mind that I and others think this is acceptable.

And I'm curious, what makes your reason for submitting books more noble than that of mine or someone else who is going to sell said books after being graded? Aren't grandma and grandpa's books being graded so that they can be sold for the most money possible? Like I said off the top, I'm not sure I understood your comment. It came off as a bit accusatory and I'm scratching my head a bit. Not trying to be confrontational. Just curious and would appreciate a clarification.

:foryou:

On 8/19/2021 at 11:18 AM, Juno Beach said:

I have to say what surprises me the most is no comments from CGC in this thread. It looks like there are major problems with nothing but silence from them?

right!!! maybe because they don't care or busy with Signature submissions. pick one :devil: