• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Where in the world was the Quality Control at CGC???
44 44

6,124 posts in this topic

On 8/26/2021 at 5:52 PM, Qalyar said:

Connelly on the riding horse was in at least one of the trailers for the movie, which means the trailer is better than the film because there's less of the rest of the film in it.

lol

On 8/20/2021 at 12:40 PM, Juno Beach said:

I've never seen this for a product. Seems like a strange business decision to have a place where people show problems with items and have no rep try to assure customers and rectify the issue. 

They process a lot of books.  What would be the point of coming in here every time someone posts something.  Just contact them directly and get it fixed.

On 8/30/2021 at 6:08 AM, Poekaymon said:

They process a lot of books.  What would be the point of coming in here every time someone posts something.  Just contact them directly and get it fixed.

The point would be acknowledging and addressing the issue, disclosing the steps they are taking to correct them, and restore some confidence in the customer base.

On 8/30/2021 at 6:08 AM, Poekaymon said:

The point would be reassuring your customers that the problem is being addressed in some way to prevent it happening again. And it is a big leap from coming in here every time someone posts something to never coming in here when multiple people post recurring issues. 

Point is, it's always going to happen, to some extent.  Them coming in to say 'we'll do our best' is kind of pointless and would probably be taken as hollow.

What I think should restore your confidence is if you contact them and they fix the issue for you.  If you can't get any sort of resolution, then I agree that would be a problem.  

Check out the cover on this book: https://www.ebay.com/itm/265280168474?hash=item3dc3ee221a%3Ag%3A4A4AAOSwYUNhIqTb&nma=true&si=ixtmESm2%2Bn%2FxpCdo2JXzJ2ocJ0k%3D&orig_cvip=true&nordt=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

Has anyone seen this issue recently? It looks like it was snagged on the inner well maybe? I just bought a book with a similar issue on the back cover.

OSPG.jpeg

On 8/30/2021 at 12:03 PM, TheGeneral said:

Check out the cover on this book: https://www.ebay.com/itm/265280168474?hash=item3dc3ee221a%3Ag%3A4A4AAOSwYUNhIqTb&nma=true&si=ixtmESm2%2Bn%2FxpCdo2JXzJ2ocJ0k%3D&orig_cvip=true&nordt=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

Has anyone seen this issue recently? It looks like it was snagged on the inner well maybe? I just bought a book with a similar issue on the back cover.

OSPG.jpeg

:facepalm:

08B31BFF-C0D1-48E2-BDA3-91891FF44B68.jpeg

On 8/30/2021 at 11:44 AM, Poekaymon said:

Point is, it's always going to happen, to some extent.  Them coming in to say 'we'll do our best' is kind of pointless and would probably be taken as hollow.

What I think should restore your confidence is if you contact them and they fix the issue for you.  If you can't get any sort of resolution, then I agree that would be a problem.  

Some mistakes shouldn't happen no matter how many books they are grading. Swapped labels is one. Here is the problem (well one of the problems). It may be impossible to actually notice the mistake. You send in two copies of the same book. One gets a 9.8 and one gets a 9.6. How would you ever know if the labels were swapped? Same with printings. You send in a first print and a second print. How would you know if they swapped the labels?

On 8/30/2021 at 10:44 AM, Poekaymon said:

What many of us want is someone to acknowledge the problems going on around here and let us know what's going on to fix them. And I mean ALL problems currently affecting the customers. Mislabeled slabs. If you have to wait 6+ months to get your submission thru the system only to receive every single one of them with an incorrect label..... that is a BIG problem. Damaged slabs in shipping. I've gotten enough shipments from this company to know that the packaging is average at best. No reason to skimp on the shipping supplies. Damage to the books before shipping. Do the people handling the books know the proper way? Plastic shards. OMG I don't even know what to say on this. Website that is constantly breaking down causing problems for those that buy or sell here heartache. I've even seen people posting about these problems in their sales threads. NOT TELLING US WHEN THE BOARD WILL BE DOWN FOR A SUBSTANTIAL TIME DUE TO UPGRADES. This one angers me probably more than any other problem because of the ease of correction. Is it that difficult to put a simple message up warning the user's when the board will be down? No its not as big of a deal for those that just come here to bs but it's a big deal for those selling big dollar books. Imagine the frustration of entering all this info for a for sale thread, adding scans and other info, only to get an error and lose everything you typed in. I would like to hear someone from CGC get on the board and at least acknowledge the problems going on here. This is not acceptable and we are paying them money both for grading and other services this place offers.

On 8/30/2021 at 12:21 PM, wombat said:

Some mistakes shouldn't happen no matter how many books they are grading. Swapped labels is one. Here is the problem (well one of the problems). It may be impossible to actually notice the mistake. You send in two copies of the same book. One gets a 9.8 and one gets a 9.6. How would you ever know if the labels were swapped? Same with printings. You send in a first print and a second print. How would you know if they swapped the labels?

I understand the issue.  I was only responding to the person who asked why they don't come here and respond to these threads.  They could come type something like: "We understand your frustration and are working to address your concerns.  Please note that the errors reflected in this thread are exceedingly rare and represent a sample size of lower than .__% of all submissions.  However, we will continue to strive for 100% accuracy, and are constantly seeking out additional talent and refining our internal protocols to meet that goal.  As always, if you experience any issues with your submissions, kindly contact our customer service department for a prompt resolution.  Thank you."  But the angry people wouldn't believe it and the rest don't care, so it just seems irrelevant.      

Anyway, probably just be cognizant of the fact that mistakes happen and plan accordingly.  (ie, don't send different printings of the same high-value book in the same submission.)    

On 8/15/2021 at 12:47 AM, wombat said:

I've said it before, if you are a QC person and have proven to not actually look at the book in the slab and the label on the slab you should be fired immediately. You can't even do the absolute bare minimum that one would be required to do your job. 

What was the rate of books graded per day there, something in the 4-digits IIRC? 

GlisteningWideAmazontreeboa-size_restric

This is basically CGC and those are slabs coming out of grading. Probably just spot-checking for QC. 

Edited by jcjames

On 8/30/2021 at 11:45 AM, Wolverinex said:

Incredible it still sold for 1500+

Well the label says 9.2. Does the condition of the book within the slab even matter?

obliviate.gif.123d6f8538744917e92275f043a96f18.gif