• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

STAR WARS : The Force Awakens Dec, 18, 2015

1,516 posts in this topic

We're all praying for Han and Chewie!
NIEN! The wookie And overrated smuggler must DIE! :sumo: I say bring back Lando. :headbang:

Yes! Lando is the effing MAN!!!!

Straight pimp in a galaxy far, far away.

158433.jpg

That explains why Finn has Luke's light saber. The force is strong in the Skywalker family.

That's Lando's kid!!

:idea:

I've had that theory for awhile now. That would explain why his last name hasn't been revealed in any promotional products. Many think he's either a Skywalker/Calrissian or a descendant of Mace Windu.

I really hope not. I am okay with one or two "legacy" characters, but to have every character be related to a previous character we saw on screen out of billions of beings is stretching credibility. When Yoda and Chewbacca met in the prequels I groaned. Having Finn being related to anyone in the OT would be silly.

Not every Jedi came from a Skywalker. And there is nothing wrong with having Calrissian just be a scoundrel.

Ha, wipe them out, maybe they deserve it!

However, my kids love part 1, as much as I can't stand watching it. The Pod race and the fight with Maul they'll watch over and over, and they're 10 and 7. The early films are just too slow for them, other than a few parts (such as the Ewok battle in Jedi).

To them, part 1 is what New Hope/Empire/Jedi was to us (I'm 42, not sure about you).

Jay

+1

My kids love the prequel trilogy. My wife, who had never seen Star Wars when we met, also really enjoyed them.

I think we, as huge Star Wars fans, look at the movies for the simple lost potential that they are. They could have been so much better and they failed to deliver.

And the thing this time: I think Abams is going to meet that potential :whee:

Ha, wipe them out, maybe they deserve it!

However, my kids love part 1, as much as I can't stand watching it. The Pod race and the fight with Maul they'll watch over and over, and they're 10 and 7. The early films are just too slow for them, other than a few parts (such as the Ewok battle in Jedi).

To them, part 1 is what New Hope/Empire/Jedi was to us (I'm 42, not sure about you).

Jay

+1

My kids love the prequel trilogy. My wife, who had never seen Star Wars when we met, also really enjoyed them.

I think we, as huge Star Wars fans, look at the movies for the simple lost potential that they are. They could have been so much better and they failed to deliver.

And the thing this time: I think Abams is going to meet that potential :whee:

My kids also like the prequel trilogy better the the original trilogy. I suspect those who don't like them are mostly older. Personally, I think all of the prequel movies added something to the Star Wars saga and ROTS was better than ROTJ. I also rather like AOTC. It's just PM that could have been better.

What the hell kind of BS headline is this?

‘Star Wars: The Force Awakens’ Tickets Bought Mostly By Older Men

https://www.yahoo.com/movies/s/star-wars-force-awakens-tickets-bought-mostly-older-212146479.html

And, from the body of this (so-called) "story":

Movio found that 70% of ticker-buyers were males between 18 and 49 years of age, with an average age of 34.

Well, duh. Who did they expect would be buying tickets to a modern SF/action-adventure film? Nine year-old girls?

Internet "journalism" -- you get what you pay for... :sick:

PIERS MORGAN: The Force Awakens? Sorry, but Star Wars has sucked for 40 overrated, overhyped, preposterous years

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3281611/PIERS-MORGAN-Force-Awakens-Sorry-Star-Wars-sucked-40-overrated-overhyped-preposterous-years.html

Ya, this guy is gonna win a lot of new friends.

PIERS MORGAN: The Force Awakens? Sorry, but Star Wars has sucked for 40 overrated, overhyped, preposterous years

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3281611/PIERS-MORGAN-Force-Awakens-Sorry-Star-Wars-sucked-40-overrated-overhyped-preposterous-years.html

Scanned through his article really quick and saw that he has never watched any of the 6 movies before, even though he has tried. So he really doesn't get it. Just someone trying to get attention by stirring the pot.

lol

p.s. I LOVE STAR WARS :cloud9:

I bet he's great at parties meh

Holy SH$T :o

Just in leaked Major Story-line Spoiler!

Be Aware....don't click if want to be surprised in the theater.

Kylo Ren is Jason Todd! :foryou:

I bet he's great at parties meh

lol lol lol

Total speculation but it may turn out to be a minor spoiler (or, if it's right, maybe it's already common knowledge)....

We know luke's lightsaber from ESB, the one he lost in bespin, is in this movie.

We know Rey is a scavenger who is rummaging through a crashed star destroyer in the latest trailer.

So, maybe Rey finds the saber in this star destroyer.

Luke lost the saber in Bespin, and Vader probably had bespin scoured until it was found. So, vader would have kept it with him, presumably. Vader's last star destroyer is the one we see him leaving on the shuttle at the start of ROTJ. Vader dies on the death star, but probably left the saber with his comics and action figures on the star destroyer.

So, maybe that crashed star destroyer we see in the latest trailer is the same one we see at the beginning of ROTJ?

Total speculation but it may turn out to be a minor spoiler (or, if it's right, maybe it's already common knowledge)....

We know luke's lightsaber from ESB, the one he lost in bespin, is in this movie.

We know Rey is a scavenger who is rummaging through a crashed star destroyer in the latest trailer.

Luke lost the saber in Bespin, and Vader probably had bespin scoured until it was found. So, vader would have kept it with him, presumably. Vader's last star destroyer is the one we see him leaving on the shuttle at the start of ROTJ. Vader dies on the death star, but probably left the saber with his comics and action figures on the star destroyer.

So, maybe that crashed star destroyer we see in the latest trailer is the same one we see at the beginning of ROTJ?

I like the bolded part! (thumbs u

I like the bolded part! (thumbs u

If I remember correctly, Vader's ship was the Executor (Super Star Destroyer in ROTJ and later added into ESB) which crashed into the 2nd Death Star. Then the Death Star was blown apart.

Right, but that's not the star destroyer he is on at the start of ROTJ. The one he is on looks like a non-super-one.

This is the star destroyer vader is on at the start of rotj:

rotjSD_zpshtnphcet.png

And this is the one from the latest trailer; yes, they are both the common variety star destroyers, but still, it's possible.

TFASD_zpsthq78kav.png