• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Descender #1 Image Comics March 2015

470 posts in this topic

Does anyone think those that are offering the 4G variant are just buying those in quantity perhaps at a set price from the people at 4G direct? With more than "10 available" from some of those sellers, I'd be curious if they are actually buying multiples of each box.

Also, the Painted Visions store has put up their variant on eBay, $10.99 each. Nice cover.

Lastly, I am sure this is not surprising to anyone:

https://imagecomics.com/content/view/lemire-and-nguyens-descender-fast-tracked-to-second-printing

Jimmy...just got my Eh! variants in...they look fantastic! Better than the pics and the packing was fantastic. Top notch work right there!

Awesome! Looks like my training of a new shipper packager is working!

Just jumping in to clarify a few things since I have had several PMs asking and took a quick peek at the thread.

No we don't sell individual issues to anyone - period. We sell the grail monthly subscription which includes the months four books. Pricing is $29.95 monthly or $26.95 if you purchase the three month subscription.

Shipiping on a single box is $12.64 which includes insurance and tracking.

The maximum number of subscriptions we will sell to any one individual/household is 30. Any order quantity above that is cancelled.

Descender #1 was a great read!

anyone know how many covers there are?

I believe 12 total (9 color covers and 3 B/W sketch covers) but I could be wrong, I am sure someone will chime in with a correct answer if that is the case.

thanks!

theres actually 14

I have 14 covers so far yes?

Descender #1A

Descender #1B (Lemire Variant)

Descender #1 Declan Shalvey, (Forbidden Planet/Jetpack B&W Variant)

(Robot arm reaching moon behind)

Descender #1 Declan Shalvey,(Forbidden Planet/Jetpack Variant)

(Robot arm reaching moon behind)

Descender #1 , Nate Powell, (beachball variant) limited to only 1,000

(Boy in lighted doorway)

Descender # 1 , Dustin Nguyen, @ comics Dungeon.com, limited to only 1000

(Boy upside down, pink background)

Descender # 1 , Jeff Lemire ,@ booksamillion.com , limited to 4,000

(Boy with Rays out of arms)

Descender #1 , Dustin Nguyen, limited to only 1,500

(Close up with large moon behind)

Descender #1 , Dustin Nguyen, black and white ,limited to only 500

(close up with large moon behind)

Descender #1, Rafael Albuquerque, Painted Visions ,limited to only 1,000

(face half robot/ half human)

Descender #1, Ray Fawkes ,Fourcolorgrail, limited to only 1,000

(face , wires,button? screws)

Descender #1 ,Sean Murphey, Emerald City Comic Com

(Girl with planets behind her)

Descender #1 EH! variant limited to only 1,000

Descender #1 EH! Sketch variant limited to only 500

Just jumping in to clarify a few things since I have had several PMs asking and took a quick peek at the thread.

No we don't sell individual issues to anyone - period. We sell the grail monthly subscription which includes the months four books. Pricing is $29.95 monthly or $26.95 if you purchase the three month subscription.

Shipiping on a single box is $12.64 which includes insurance and tracking.

The maximum number of subscriptions we will sell to any one individual/household is 30. Any order quantity above that is cancelled.

Descender #1 was a great read!

@*!%&

I was going to subscribe to 31.

Oh well....

Its funny watching seller's try to one up each other on the cover wars here.

I have yet to read the book, but got a few copies coming to me and I picked a few up at my local shop. Not a fan of the art, but if the story is good you can easily forget art.

I don't have a horse in this race.

Love the book though...

Liked Hawkeye better this week.

Jealous of the loot crate comic guy's idea.

Wish I thought of it.

So is anyone actually discussing the book or is this thread still stuck in variant speculator mode?

I read it today and it has a promising start. I don't love the art, but I am finding that my taste in art is out of touch now.

The story is promising and can lead me to forget the art. I enjoyed this much more then I did Hawkeye this week I can tell you that. At least this book started with a story and led to a direction point for the 2nd issue. So many new comics feel like they have to cram so much into the 1st issue.

Just tell me a good story and lead me into the next issue. Too many overthink it.

With this book it is the little things that stand out for me and make it a great overall read. For instance, when the sound "Fra, Fra!" keeps repeating, and make you think "wth"? Then it is explained on the next page by "Oh, your chip is stuck in reverse speech, let me fix it for you" followed by an "Arf Arf"!

315 Painted Vision variants sold already?!?

I counted 375 sold when I went to completed auctions. Some auctions were for 55 copies, some were for 25 copies.

Up to 395.

So is anyone actually discussing the book or is this thread still stuck in variant speculator mode?

I read it today and it has a promising start. I don't love the art, but I am finding that my taste in art is out of touch now.

The story is promising and can lead me to forget the art. I enjoyed this much more then I did Hawkeye this week I can tell you that. At least this book started with a story and led to a direction point for the 2nd issue. So many new comics feel like they have to cram so much into the 1st issue.

Just tell me a good story and lead me into the next issue. Too many overthink it.

Funny I thought the art was some of the best I've seen in recent memory. Dustin's water colors were beautiful. Agree with you on the story - it's the first issue so nothing earth shattering plot-wise, but the world building and character development were top notch.

The dialogue was great as well - sometimes the more stylized dialogue you find in books like Saga comes off as too cute or trying too hard. Lemire's dialogue in this issue was pitch perfect - funny, but also realistic, sufficient to keep me from finishing in 5 minutes but not unnecessarily verbose.

A great start, IMO and probably Image's next big hit.