• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Descender #1 Image Comics March 2015

470 posts in this topic

So now that I've read issue 1

Descender is Sweet Tooth except its not drawn by Lemire. Its pretty much the exact same premise except in space and with robots - which is awesome.

Got damn you Lemire I love this book already.

Does anyone think those that are offering the 4G variant are just buying those in quantity perhaps at a set price from the people at 4G direct? With more than "10 available" from some of those sellers, I'd be curious if they are actually buying multiples of each box.

Also, the Painted Visions store has put up their variant on eBay, $10.99 each. Nice cover.

Lastly, I am sure this is not surprising to anyone:

https://imagecomics.com/content/view/lemire-and-nguyens-descender-fast-tracked-to-second-printing

i doubt that... im sure they are selling a certain quantity... once the auction ends... thats how many subscriptions they order... so in the 4CG Spider-gwen variant at 75 dollars a piece... every one they sell pays for 2 subscriptions... if they sold 15... they made enough cash to buy 30 subscriptions... and ended up with 30 copies each of the other 3 variants and 15 of the spider-gwen for free... gotta hand to the guy... def shady as :censored: ... but if you have absolutely no conscience... its a brilliant scam... personally i would like to give the person a pat on the back for ingenuity and then kick them in the :censored: for being a piece of garbage...

Descender is Sweet Tooth except its not drawn by Lemire. Its pretty much the exact same premise except in space and with robots - which is awesome.

It seems Lemire's creator owned work is him working thru abandonment issues; Descender, Sweet Tooth, Underwater Welder, Trillium (to a lesser degree).

i doubt that... im sure they are selling a certain quantity... once the auction ends... thats how many subscriptions they order... so in the 4CG Spider-gwen variant at 75 dollars a piece... every one they sell pays for 2 subscriptions... if they sold 15... they made enough cash to buy 30 subscriptions... and ended up with 30 copies each of the other 3 variants and 15 of the spider-gwen for free... gotta hand to the guy... def shady as :censored: ... but if you have absolutely no conscience... its a brilliant scam... personally i would like to give the person a pat on the back for ingenuity and then kick them in the :censored: for being a piece of garbage...

True, since none have sold though, chances are potential bidders are doing their research first and realize they can get that Spider-Gwen variant for 1/3 of the price themselves by ordering direct.

Which cover will be reprinted, a or b or both

I think it doesn't really anything to do with the cover since the book is completely sold out from Diamond. I would not be surprised if the 2nd print of #1 has a brand new cover.

Yeah I just think he's asking which art will be used for the second print (like Saga or East of West which have the same art but different color background/logo). I'm with you though that there's a good chance of a completely new image, especially since the book already has a billion covers. If they do stick with one of the original designs, I'd bet on 1A since Dustin is the regular artist.

Mile High Comics still has both A and B for $3.99 each:

http://www.milehighcomics.com/cgi-bin/backissue.cgi?action=list&title=24309137492&snumber=1

B is going for $10.75 on eBay:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Descender-1-Cover-B-Image-Comics-NM-1st-Print-Mar-Lemire-/111610265706?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item19fc7d806a

**Update: I ordered a couple and now they show none available, will see what happens.

I like that fact that puts the reader in a scifi world. I am in for #2

I got in a few Painted Vision variants from the eBay seller. All are in excellent condition outside of a little color/wear and were packed very well. Anyone else get any in yet? Curious to hear thoughts on the color wear that is present on each one I received. Looks to be due to the not the greatest stock used. Will that knock it out of 9.8 candidacy if they are all like that?

I got in a few Painted Vision variants from the eBay seller. All are in excellent condition outside of a little color/wear and were packed very well. Anyone else get any in yet? Curious to hear thoughts on the color wear that is present on each one I received. Looks to be due to the not the greatest stock used. Will that knock it out of 9.8 candidacy if they are all like that?

Which seller?

I picked up a couple also, but haven't gotten them yet.

I like that fact that puts the reader in a scifi world. I am in for #2

Yep. (thumbs u

I was concentrating on B covers.

Funny, when I visited my LCS last week, the only covers they had on the shelves were cover B. Of course I bought all the ones that would qualify 9.8 but it was kinda weird that was the only cover they had.