• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Descender #1 Image Comics March 2015

470 posts in this topic

where are you people buying painted visions...I only see 2 on ebay and both UK.

A few days ago they were going for $10-12 all you can eat. (shrug)

I bought two.... cuz I'm not a hoarder. :grin:

I spent too much time trying to decide which variant would be hot.

I got in a few Painted Vision variants from the eBay seller. All are in excellent condition outside of a little color/wear and were packed very well. Anyone else get any in yet? Curious to hear thoughts on the color wear that is present on each one I received. Looks to be due to the not the greatest stock used. Will that knock it out of 9.8 candidacy if they are all like that?

I just received my today.

What part of the comic are you referring to? So I can take a look at mine and compare.

As you can see without even removing them from the bags the color transfer from the back cover onto the front. Does this pull it out of 9.8 worthy? Serious question. The rest of the book is very well deserving of a 9.8 IMO. Just never subbed color transferred books before like this. Each and every one has it.

153657.jpg.0e5e27cf607955d54ca87377d8cda1d3.jpg

As you can see without even removing them from the bags the color transfer from the back cover onto the front. Does this pull it out of 9.8 worthy? Serious question. The rest of the book is very well deserving of a 9.8 IMO. Just never subbed color transferred books before like this. Each and every one has it.

photo%201%20copy%202_zpsc8enxdqs.jpg

Mine all have the same look all over, although I'm new here I think they will be ok when graded. I was told that if there is a consistent printing or print-shop issue (color transfer) flaw on all the comics printed CGC will take that into consideration. My recent ASM #4's just came back with 9.8s with a minor printing flaws on the backside, it looks like the color was rubbed off but I was informed it was a printing issue that CGC is aware of. Just my 2c

photo%201%20copy%202_zpsc8enxdqs.jpg

Mine all have the same look all over, although I'm new here I think they will be ok when graded. I was told that if there is a consistent printing or print-shop issue (color transfer) flaw on all the comics printed CGC will take that into consideration. My recent ASM #4's just came back with 9.8s with a minor printing flaws on the backside, it looks like the color was rubbed off but I was informed it was a printing issue that CGC is aware of. Just my 2c

I had copies of Sex Criminals #1 with that kind of ink transfer on them and I still pulled 9.8's on them.

That's exactly what mine look like. how the hell do they establish this as a generic issue with all the books produced, and how many early submitters get smacked with lower grades before its discovered. lol but thanks on the AS # 4 , I have about 10 copies with the black wear area on the back that I was downgrading because of

Someone mentioned the Black Science book 1B (I think it was actually the 2B that was shorter printed) below the article. It is almost exactly the same situation and I expect the same long term result. Though people ask more for the 2B more often than not, itonly sells when priced close to the 2A. I would buy the cover that you like the best. 2c

I could be wrong, but I think the Descender B cover is more appealing than the Black Science B cover because it's by Lemire, while Black Science's is by an artist who otherwise had nothing to do with the book. I think this is a situation where more collectors will be inclined to track down each creator's version.

I could be wrong, but I think the Descender B cover is more appealing than the Black Science B cover because it's by Lemire, while Black Science's is by an artist who otherwise had nothing to do with the book. I think this is a situation where more collectors will be inclined to track down each creator's version.

Good point.

Yes, it will.

Edit - Someone up above stated they pulled 9.8s with this defect, so I could be wrong, however I have always been "told" it is a defect, and would effect the grade.