• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ComicConnect Event Auction!

794 posts in this topic

And no one has even attempted to explain or rationalize the logic behind why CBCS, of all the label colours they could have used, chose to parrot what CGC has been doing for 15 years for only original books, and blur restored and unrestored books under one blue label. Sketchy business.

-J.

So, on the one hand, CBCS is sketchy for mirroring the label color that collectors are familiar with,

Uh.....yes.

but on the other hand, they're also sketchy for differentiating themselves by not using different colored labels for restored books.

...and yes again.

I fail to see the contradiction in the position. (shrug)

Point being, as I said earlier, they are attempting to cash in on the well-established blue label which signifies "Universal Grade", ie UN-restored books, while pandering to those who want to blur the line with books that are restored by *also* putting them in slabs with blue labels. Doing such is a (only temporary, I would imagine) "victory" for the dealers/sellers who are only using this new service to increase their profit margins, and it is a step backward in restoration disclosure.

That is the real "reason" why certain parties want all slabs "to look the same".

It's all about the dollar, dollar bills.

-J.

Simple. First you complain that CBCS copied CGC. Then you complained that they didn't copy CGC. Whatever they do, you're not happy.

Your selective reading comprehension is mystifying.

I guess you missed the part(s) where I said that they could have chosen ANY OTHER UNIFORM LABEL COLOUR OTHER THAN BLUE if that was "really" what they wanted to do.

But they DELIBERATELY chose blue, the established colour for "Universal Grade" books, in a blatant attempt to bamboozle the less savvy/vigilant buyer, and for the purpose of increasing the profit margins of the dealers/sellers (and themselves, of course) who want restored books to look like and thus sell for the same amount as un-restored books..kind of like the bad old days.

Get it now ? (thumbs u

-J.

Oh, I got what your were implying the first time, and all the times thereafter. It's just hogwash. There's no "bamboozling" going on. All the resto information is right there on the label.

You can regurgitate the same mantra 'til the cows come home, but it's hogwash.

And that, my friend, is where your "opinion" comes in.

And yes, someone can just "read the label".

So what's wrong if the label is purple? You know, for those who don't feel they should have to "read the label" of a book they would never be interested in in the first place?

Or how about any other colour that ISN'T blue? lol

-J

This thread likely will keep going until the next ComicConnect auction ... we won't need to create a new one.

....couldn't we just toss in some tear gas and force everyone to disperse (shrug) GOD BLESS....

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

This thread likely will keep going until the next ComicConnect auction ... we won't need to create a new one.

....couldn't we just toss in some tear gas and force everyone to disperse (shrug) GOD BLESS....

fart bombs are a lot more fun :idea:

And no one has even attempted to explain or rationalize the logic behind why CBCS, of all the label colours they could have used, chose to parrot what CGC has been doing for 15 years for only original books, and blur restored and unrestored books under one blue label. Sketchy business.

-J.

So, on the one hand, CBCS is sketchy for mirroring the label color that collectors are familiar with,

Uh.....yes.

but on the other hand, they're also sketchy for differentiating themselves by not using different colored labels for restored books.

...and yes again.

Point being, as I said earlier, they are attempting to cash in on the well-established blue label which signifies "Universal Grade", ie UN-restored books, while pandering to those who want to blur the line with books that are restored by *also* putting them in slabs with blue labels. Doing such is a (only temporary, I would imagine) "victory" for the dealers/sellers who are only using this new service to increase their profit margins, and it is a step backward in restoration disclosure.

That is the real "reason" why certain parties want all slabs "to look the same".

-J.

Simple. First you complain that CBCS copied CGC. Then you complained that they didn't copy CGC. Whatever they do, you're not happy.

I guess you missed the part(s) where I said that they could have chosen ANY OTHER UNIFORM LABEL COLOUR OTHER THAN BLUE if that was "really" what they wanted to do.

But they DELIBERATELY chose blue, the established colour for "Universal Grade" books, in a blatant attempt to bamboozle the less savvy/vigilant buyer, and for the purpose of increasing the profit margins of the dealers/sellers (and themselves, of course) who want restored books to look like and thus sell for the same amount as un-restored books..kind of like the bad old days.

Get it now ? (thumbs u

-J.

Oh, I got what your were implying the first time, and all the times thereafter. It's just hogwash. There's no "bamboozling" going on. All the resto information is right there on the label.

So what's wrong if the label is purple? You know, for those who don't feel they should have to "read the label" of a book they would never be interested in in the first place?

-J

If you don't know the reasoning behind going with a single label color for all books, then you're either not reading the thread, or simply disregarding posts that you don't agree with.

This isn't a matter of opinion. You're making baseless accusations about good people, with no evidence to back them up.

...that always works when I want the 'ole lady to give me some space.... GOD BLESS...

...that always works when I want the 'ole lady to give me some space.... GOD BLESS...

There's far too much burple brose in this thread.

calling g.a.tor...

-J.

Uh.....yes.

...and yes again.

-J.

Get it now ? (thumbs u

-J.

-J

If you don't know the reasoning behind going with a single label color for all books, then you're either not reading the thread, or simply disregarding posts that you don't agree with.

This isn't a matter of opinion. You're making baseless accusations about good people, with no evidence to back them up.

The only "reason" is a monetary one. I am not a dealer and I don't sell comic books, so I don't care about that.

The reason *for* having a colour coded system is a practical one, makes perfect sense and is user friendly for both novice and well-seasoned buyers alike. That is something I do care about.

I also don't know if the people you are referring to are good or bad. But I do believe their current labeling system is muddled and confused and is geared toward maximizing profits for dealers/sellers by dumbing down an existing system so that they can attract submissions to their company.

And on that note I think I have more than stated my piece on this subject. (thumbs u

-J.

calling g.a.tor...

lol By all accounts that ain't no soap neither.

>burple<

Sorry, I just ate.

calling g.a.tor...

I will need a dozen hard boiled eggs first

calling g.a.tor...

I will need a dozen hard boiled eggs first

:fear:

-J.

Uh.....yes.

...and yes again.

-J.

Get it now ? (thumbs u

-J.

-J

THIS. And THIS.

This is getting rather ridiculous.

:troll:

The only "reason" is a monetary one. I am not a dealer and I don't sell comic books, so I don't care about that.

The reason *for* having a colour coded system is a practical one, makes perfect sense and is user friendly for both novice and well-seasoned buyers alike. That is something I do care about.

I also don't know if the people you are referring to are good or bad. But I do believe their current labeling system is muddled and confused and is geared toward maximizing profits for dealers/sellers by dumbing down an existing system so that they can attract submissions to their company.

And on that note I think I have more than stated my piece on this subject. (thumbs u

-J.

Dumbing it down by forcing buyers to actually read the labels, rather than judging a book based solely on the color of the label...? Now isn't that rich.

-J.

Uh.....yes.

...and yes again.

-J.

Get it now ? (thumbs u

-J.

-J

Excellent points. (thumbs u

I see no agenda here in respect to using blue from any third party grading service. There is a long established legacy of blue being used to represent the finest quality that is engrained in how folk's associate the best. Blue ribbon means first place, every other color is identified as a loser, respective placement notwithstanding. That said, when label color becomes the sole motivator the numerical grade loses importance, which goes against the grain of what a grading service should be providing.

IMO, label color should neither impede nor benefit a comic book's value in the marketplace. The factors that should be of most importance to collectors are numerical grades and disclosure of information about the book(s) in question. The only caveat to this might be the value added signature series, but it's worth noting that restored (purple) label books get the gold label treatment along side their blue brethren. To my way of thinking that just emphasizes the hypocrisy of old school color code discriminatory practices. 2c