• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

HA MAY 28-30 SIGNATURE AUCTION

744 posts in this topic

There are some bargains...at least as of today..

1-Mickey Mouse Bibo and Lang complete with puzzle..first MM book..$110 (not 700)

Its a later printing (1931).

First printing is in 1930 and has the uncensored lyrics to "You Cute Little Feller"

at $110 dollars its a steal...the main issue is complete......

Pardon my ignorance, but who is Mickey Mouse?

1-Mickey Mouse Bibo and Lang complete with puzzle..first MM book..$110 (not 700)

First printing is in 1930 and has the uncensored lyrics to "You Cute Little Feller"

Mighty Mouse's kid sidekick? (shrug)

Wasn't he that very small centerfielder for the Yankees in the 1950s? hm

Just a dirty rat.

Just a dirty rat.

Mousetrap2.jpg

Just a dirty rat.

Mousetrap2.jpg

:o

Disney's [font:Comic Sans MS]Big Cheese[/font] before MARVEL came along! cat.png

He's the leader of the club that's made for you and me... M-I-C-K-E-Y M-O-U-S-E.

Hey there! Hi there! Ho there! You're as welcome as can be!

.....one thing's for sure about the PS 1....... I doubt the winner will have any buyer's remorse. With that pedigree and that grade it really is a remarkable piece. As a longtime fan of the book, I could see someone with significant disposable income taking the "You only live once" approach. GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

That approach didn`t work out so well for Gary Keller.

Psst. They just announced the Phantom Stranger TV show!

The PS 1 price is another indication of how tough most 1950s books are in high grade.

Current census on this book:

1 in 9.4

1 in 8.0

3 in 7.0

My raw copy might be 4.0 on a good day.

Just a dirty rat.

667e130b-676c-4f38-9a5f-14ffb6b67da3_zpsbbdsvzp4.jpg

:o

Fixed! (thumbs u

The PS 1 price is another indication of how tough most 1950s books are in high grade.

Current census on this book:

1 in 9.4

1 in 8.0

3 in 7.0

My raw copy might be 4.0 on a good day.

..... the 9.4 will likely never be topped. If I had even 500K in savings, I would drop 35K on that book in a second...... but then it's always been one of my favorite books....a grail, I suppose. GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

Has anyone else encountered problems lately with Heritage's shipping? I won a book in a recent Sunday auction. The slab was shipped (crammed) into a medium Priority Mail box. As you all know, that is a very tight squeeze lengthwise. The slab was wrapped in bubble wrap, but there was no padding at the ends (since the slab and the box are essentially the same length).

The box arrived in reasonably good shape with just the usually wear and tear. Certainly didn't look like the mail truck ran over it or anything. Predictably, the slab was cracked at the top, with both posts broken, and a large diagonal crack across the top. The case is open at the top and I could pull the inner well out easily. The comic appears unharmed.

This is the second slab I've received recently that was packed this way. Thankfully, the first arrived without damage. In the past, they always shipped slabs in the large box and raws in the medium.

I know some of you guys have HA hold your wins until you accumulate a pile and then have them shipped together. Do you think this would result in a bigger, sturdier box being used?

My books weren't damaged, but appropriate packaging and delivery times has beer really inconsistant lately (past 8 months or so). Raw comics are sometimes bundled together in loose magazine bags and hand cut cardboard, or too tightly bundled together bound wrapped around and around with packaging tape..

I asked them about it on the phone, and what I understood was that depending on the auction, the books could be sent from different locations and staff.

Not sure that really helps with anything, but figured I'd chime in.

Has anyone else encountered problems lately with Heritage's shipping? I won a book in a recent Sunday auction. The slab was shipped (crammed) into a medium Priority Mail box. As you all know, that is a very tight squeeze lengthwise. The slab was wrapped in bubble wrap, but there was no padding at the ends (since the slab and the box are essentially the same length).

The box arrived in reasonably good shape with just the usually wear and tear. Certainly didn't look like the mail truck ran over it or anything. Predictably, the slab was cracked at the top, with both posts broken, and a large diagonal crack across the top. The case is open at the top and I could pull the inner well out easily. The comic appears unharmed.

This is the second slab I've received recently that was packed this way. Thankfully, the first arrived without damage. In the past, they always shipped slabs in the large box and raws in the medium.

I know some of you guys have HA hold your wins until you accumulate a pile and then have them shipped together. Do you think this would result in a bigger, sturdier box being used?

My books weren't damaged, but appropriate packaging and delivery times has beer really inconsistant lately (past 8 months or so). Raw comics are sometimes bundled together in loose magazine bags and hand cut cardboard, or too tightly bundled together bound wrapped around and around with packaging tape..

I asked them about it on the phone, and what I understood was that depending on the auction, the books could be sent from different locations and staff.

As you would expect from a top notch organization like Heritage, they are taking care of this for me. After I e-mailed pictures of the damaged slab, they sent me a FedEx label to return the book and they will have it reholdered.

Just thought it was important to bring it to their attention. If they have some new employees in the shipping department, they might want to do a little training before the Signature Auction. (thumbs u

As you would expect from a top notch organization like Heritage, they are taking care of this for me. After I e-mailed pictures of the damaged slab, they sent me a FedEx label to return the book and they will have it reholdered.

Just thought it was important to bring it to their attention. If they have some new employees in the shipping department, they might want to do a little training before the Signature Auction. (thumbs u

Glad HA did that for you. My last auction winnings from Comicconnect was three slabs, all smashed at the corner and all they said was too bad here's a link to the insurance claim from USPS. Never did get anything back. Haven't bought anything from them since.

My last auction winnings from Comicconnect was three slabs, all smashed at the corner and all they said was too bad here's a link to the insurance claim from USPS. Never did get anything back. Haven't bought anything from them since.

Good for you - their arrogant disdain for their customer base is just appalling.

My last auction winnings from Comicconnect was three slabs, all smashed at the corner and all they said was too bad here's a link to the insurance claim from USPS. Never did get anything back. Haven't bought anything from them since.

Good for you - their arrogant disdain for their customer base is just appalling.

+1

What's been happening with them has been quite disappointing.

The last time I had a problem with a cracked slab, they had it reholdered for me, but they stuck me with the postage for sending it back to them.