• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Show Us Your Ducks!
15 15

8,432 posts in this topic

On 11/24/2021 at 5:32 PM, 50YrsCollctngCmcs said:

Nice #11. One year at SDCC Richie Munchin had a bunch of under #15 WDCS. I had money for one so I looked them over many times and finally landed a sweet copy of #13. Earliest issue in this run I have still to this day.

WDCS13.thumb.JPG.5ee7d4baa16fe8172dbb14b1bd3d910f.JPG

So many things on that cover would not fly in today's climate :roflmao:

That is stunning!

On 11/24/2021 at 2:32 PM, 50YrsCollctngCmcs said:

Nice #11. One year at SDCC Richie Munchin had a bunch of under #15 WDCS. I had money for one so I looked them over many times and finally landed a sweet copy of #13. Earliest issue in this run I have still to this day.

WDCS13.thumb.JPG.5ee7d4baa16fe8172dbb14b1bd3d910f.JPG

Nice copy!

On 11/24/2021 at 4:49 PM, AJD said:

I just got a big bundle of ducks in the mail. I've decided to try to collect all of the Dell WDC&S. I'll share the latest batch over the next few days, but here's one of them - the next one along from #13 above.

large.1550980580_WDCS014.jpg.e878e49f75eed4bd94d6bcfbcb9682ca.jpg

I have a great run from from issue 15 thru 150, all lower grade. I prefer higher grade books myself.

On 11/25/2021 at 8:27 AM, Robot Man said:

comwdcs135.jpg

One year on vacation in New England; probably in the mid seventies I walked into an antique store and came across a wicked battered copy of this book. At first I was excited but when I found out they wanted like $5. for a falling apart beater I put it down. That was big dough for a book like that then. Funny how I still remember finding that specific issue! I still don't own a copy!

On 11/25/2021 at 9:31 AM, 50YrsCollctngCmcs said:

One year on vacation in New England; probably in the mid seventies I walked into an antique store and came across a wicked battered copy of this book. At first I was excited but when I found out they wanted like $5. for a falling apart beater I put it down. That was big dough for a book like that then. Funny how I still remember finding that specific issue! I still don't own a copy!

I got this from the infamous Dylan on ebay before I knew any better. He had a bad picture and graded it vf. I would have sent it back but since I paid very little for it and wanted it, I kept it. One of my favorite WDCS.

On 11/25/2021 at 11:48 AM, Robot Man said:

I got this from the infamous Dylan on ebay before I knew any better. He had a bad picture and graded it vf. I would have sent it back but since I paid very little for it and wanted it, I kept it. One of my favorite WDCS.

A typical Dylan VF lol .  Still I love the cover.  Greatest Thanksgiving cover of all time?