• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

This Week In Your Plastic Crack, Action Figures and Toy Collection
26 26

9,356 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, STORMSHADOW_80 said:

Picked up a nice Star Wars and GI Joe lot this morning Ewok village is nearly complete. I traded the Star Wars for comic credit. Kept the Joes. Night Force Charboil and Repeater are rare ones that I needed. Most accessories or there. 25 figs all together 

80477CDF-FB1E-4D7A-8CB2-143E018EA09F.jpeg

Wow, 2 get those Night Forces out of 25 is pretty solid. 

That Charbroil is high on my want list.  Repeater not much further behind. 

The Slaughter BBQ is great too. 

Patrick

6 hours ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

Awesome haul! That'll keep you until next time. :)

Storage would be my issue haha, I'm relegated and commissioned an area, glad there are still finds in this market though, can't be easy...

It's nice that our "work" in coming up with these finds is half the fun!

Thanks Adamantium! Storage definitely is challenging. So far I’ve been grouping the figs by year. I bought one of those nuts and bolts bins the other week so I can separate all the parts. Part of the reason I don’t do Star Wars is that keeping up with joes can be hard when getting different lots. It is satisfying piecing them together though.

13 hours ago, STORMSHADOW_80 said:

Picked up a nice Star Wars and GI Joe lot this morning Ewok village is nearly complete. I traded the Star Wars for comic credit. Kept the Joes. Night Force Charboil and Repeater are rare ones that I needed. Most accessories or there. 25 figs all together 

80477CDF-FB1E-4D7A-8CB2-143E018EA09F.jpeg

To think I had that Jabba playset growing up. I never did understand why Jabba was supposed to sit on top of it when the trap doors opened up to put guys inside it.

I put Ghostbusters slime in his hookah, that wasn't the brightest idea

After some delays from BBTS i should have my first Mezco 1:12 Collective figure here this week. Appropriately enough it's Dr Fate. To say I'm excited is an understatement. A lot of Mezcos' looks just haven't worked with me, but Fate looked great. I've also preordered Bishop. 

On 5/7/2021 at 5:03 PM, Buzzetta said:

I think the only SW Lego set I kinda regret not getting was both the Endor set you have pictured and Cloud City as I would have liked to have expanded that set with an additional two-three bottom levels that taper down.  I had that idea well after it was sold out. 

I know I killed the value by opening the Ewok Village and putting it together but I wanted the experience of building it. I really like the Boba Fett that came with Cloud City, for the arm printing detail. I also just finished Rebels, I’m sad to see the aftermarket prices for all those sets on eBay now.

5 minutes ago, Brandon Shepherd said:

I know I killed the value by opening the Ewok Village and putting it together but I wanted the experience of building it. I really like the Boba Fett that came with Cloud City, for the arm printing detail. I also just finished Rebels, I’m sad to see the aftermarket prices for all those sets on eBay now.

Ohhh... that's a set of SW sets I don't plan on ever selling unless they come out with a better version of it.  I have both versions of the Phantom and the Ghost itself.  I modded it a little bit, adding in pieces to fill in a few gaps and to close off the back of the turret.

Here is the thing with the Ghost though.  All of those minifigures are easy to obtain except Zeb.  You can easily piece the Ghost together from pieces on Bricklink and either use digital instructions that Lego offers for free or buy a set.  Then over time, pick up a Zeb.

I was actually thinking of making a Ghost that is a little larger than the system scale version so I could fit at least two in the cockpit.   Bricklink will be my friend if I ever want to go that route. 

I love what they did here: 

10 minutes ago, Buzzetta said:

Ohhh... that's a set of SW sets I don't plan on ever selling unless they come out with a better version of it.  I have both versions of the Phantom and the Ghost itself.  I modded it a little bit, adding in pieces to fill in a few gaps and to close off the back of the turret.

Here is the thing with the Ghost though.  All of those minifigures are easy to obtain except Zeb.  You can easily piece the Ghost together from pieces on Bricklink and either use digital instructions that Lego offers for free or buy a set.  Then over time, pick up a Zeb.

I was actually thinking of making a Ghost that is a little larger than the system scale version so I could fit at least two in the cockpit.   Bricklink will be my friend if I ever want to go that route. 

I love what they did here: 

That’s awesome!

I picked up my AT-DP last year sealed for $100. That is a bargain compared to my latest eBay search.

I wasn’t impressed when I first tried the show last year, I don’t know where my head was. 

22 hours ago, Brandon Shepherd said:

My third Black Series figure!

I like Sabine as well, but I wish her helmet didn't hug her head so snugly.  The amount of force you have to use to put it on and off of her will absolutely start scraping paint off of the hair or face at some point.

6 hours ago, fantastic_four said:

I like Sabine as well, but I wish her helmet didn't hug her head so snugly.  The amount of force you have to use to put it on and off of her will absolutely start scraping paint off of the hair or face at some point.

I know, now I’m afraid to put it back on. I’m also still getting used to seeing her with more realistic facial features after binge watching the whole Rebels series recently.

Some more Marvel Legends revealed today, all X-characters. So far we've had Callisto, Mastermind (Jason), and a shirtless brown costume battle-damaged Wolverine, but he's really got very little battle damage, unfortunately. Still a nice figure. No news on the rest of the wave or the BAF. 

7 hours ago, Mecha_Fantastic said:

Some more Marvel Legends revealed today, all X-characters. So far we've had Callisto, Mastermind (Jason), and a shirtless brown costume battle-damaged Wolverine, but he's really got very little battle damage, unfortunately. Still a nice figure. No news on the rest of the wave or the BAF. 

I’m hoping that the shirtless Wolvie and Callisto mean we’ll be getting some copper age stuff. Mutant Massacre through Outback era, hopefully. My biggest wants are Rogue in the green/black tank top outfit, and either pink or armored Psylocke. I’d take an updated Longshot too, but the old one is fine for now. Would love for the BAF to be Bonebreaker to go along with the other Reavers.

If I could get all of those, and the upcoming Excalibur set, I’ll be done with Legends. Can’t think of anything else I’d really want/need. Oh, an early X-Factor Jean Grey! THEN I’d be done.

Redundant for some, but I'd like redos of the classic Original 5 X-Men. The last attempt was just terrible. Other than that, and what you said, the pickings are starting to look rather slim. 

Edit: another part of the wave revealed, and it's a massive letdown: Omega Red. Just looks to have different paint apps to the original, but I just glanced at it. Do we really need 2 so close together? 

Edited by Mecha_Fantastic

1 hour ago, wombat said:

Thought this was pretty cool. Debating putting batteries in this sucker and trying it out. 

IMG_3775.thumb.JPG.feefacd32d7916e0456c52d18db9acdb.JPG

IMG_3776.JPG

Can't see why testing it out would be a problem. 

Main key is not leaving the batteries in.  I've been working on a Trypticon that someone left the batteries in for over 30 years. 

Got the little tank to work so that's a good sign. 

Patrick