• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

General discussion thread - keep the other threads clean
29 29

35,153 posts in this topic

I just wish Boardies' parents would not be prone to spitting on veterans.

If they are Boardies' dads then it might be PTSD from an encounter with Jimmy.

I know a lot of us have personal lists with the names of boardies not on the PL/HOS who we refuse to deal with. I want to bring up someone who I've seen recently popping numerous :takeit:s

Jop

Jop lives to swindle boardies and I hope you consider adding him to your own personal list.

I have reached out to every single person that I had originally owed and every single person that did the donation for me and I have asked each and everyone if there was something I could do in order to make them whole, not be butt hurt or any hard feelings at all.

1 person that was on the list would like his original gifts if I am able to do it and if I can I will. Everyone else has stated basic goodwill towards the situation.

I am trying to make right on what happened but I can not let the above statement last or occur without some form of rebuttal.

I do NOT live to swindle boardies.....I have never swindled anything I had issues and they prevented me from being able to fulfill a gift exchange. I pay for my books on time or early When I have sold it has been at fair prices.

As far as the PIF thread itself taking the book I looked at GPA and it showed this to me....

savagewolverine1cho.jpg

36 bucks and trending downward I had no idea the value of a Cho sketch being more than it shows on GPA so I threw up some books quickly and would have easily changed the values if I thought it was such a difference. That was my fault but as you can see GPA says that's the value

I will no longer be participating in the threads like that or raffles because of my past behavior

All I can say in the end is I am sorry it happened but nothing could have changed anything at that point in time

I also saw that slym mentioned I should make a donation if the membership says that Is what I must do then I will but I would like someone to tell me if I am doing something wrong without knowledge I cant make anything right

I could be wrong, but I think what bothers a lot of people is they don't think you should need to be told what to do to make things right.

wombat,

I agree and I will admit that a lot of it was embarrassment I had never had issues selling, buying or shipping coupled with my own situation at the time.

But I strongly disagree with the designation that "I live to swindle boardies"

I am trying and willing to make amends. I understand it was my obligation and that only through the good will of others was the event not really messed up.

Is there anything else you would do in my position?

I think it is tremendously encouraging that you have reached out to everyone, Jop.

I believe I further explained why my criticisms were so harsh here via private message. Your response along with your original message there were kind, understanding, thoughtful and sincerely apologetic. This is good! :applause:

I think it is tremendously encouraging that you have reached out to everyone, Jop.

I believe I further explained why my criticisms were so harsh here via private message. Your response along with your original message there were kind, understanding, thoughtful and sincerely apologetic. This is good! :applause:

Thank you sir,

Learning is a part of life and so is dealing with adversity I am trying to become a member in good standing and not a leper of the community

Wishing you well,

John

Just wanted to change the thread title back. It was bugging me.

Thanks.

I clicked on this link numerous times recently from the main page thinking I might be able to score some sweet Ditko Charltons. :screwy:

As far as the PIF thread itself taking the book I looked at GPA and it showed this to me....

savagewolverine1cho.jpg

36 bucks and trending downward I had no idea the value of a Cho sketch being more than it shows on GPA so I threw up some books quickly and would have easily changed the values if I thought it was such a difference. That was my fault but as you can see GPA says that's the value

The GPA you posted was for a signed copy. Just a sig.

Just a few lines down from that GPA quote you would have seen this......

cho%20sketch_zpsofmjgfjh.jpg

When there's a sketch on the cover it's noted on GPA. This is the value GPA places.

Original work by the artist will always add value over an unsketched book....especially a guy like Cho who almost always refuses to sketch.

I could be wrong, but I think what bothers a lot of people is they don't think you should need to be told what to do to make things right.

wombat,

I agree and I will admit that a lot of it was embarrassment I had never had issues selling, buying or shipping coupled with my own situation at the time.

But I strongly disagree with the designation that "I live to swindle boardies"

I am trying and willing to make amends. I understand it was my obligation and that only through the good will of others was the event not really messed up.

Is there anything else you would do in my position?

hm

to be honest (and I admittedly know nothing about the holiday raffle incident), it seems odd that he didn't get on the PL list after the Holiday Raffle incident.

There have been some pretty significant discussions (if I recall correctly) about what types of transactions qualify for the PL. I think the raffles etc. were discussed, and I know the PIF was discussed as I was not a popular figure with some for both my opinion and my demeanor. Pretty sure that is where "junk donkey" came from. :blush:

I seem to recall

334qe.jpg

:roflmao:

Still makes me laugh! lol