• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

General discussion thread - keep the other threads clean
29 29

35,153 posts in this topic

15 hours ago, DavidTheDavid said:

Priced to sell, it often seems, means taking a beating. The kind of offers I sometimes get are extraordinary lowballs.

12 month GPA average of $500

90 day GPA average $498

Last sale of $315

"Look, I'll give you $200, it's obviously coming down in value."

12 hours ago, skypinkblu said:

You can always pm a seller and ask if they are going to lower it, most people don't get insulted. IF they say yes and give you a price, you can decide if you like it. 

I don't like bargaining at all, but one of my best friends always says her mother taught her "if you don't ask, you don't get". I cringed the first time I heard that one, but she has a point;) 

Thanks, Sharon.  I know your advice is wise.  

If I did this more often, my collection would likely be a lot nicer than it is, however, I just find it difficult.  Thus, I often miss out on some nice books.  

Even when abseller ask for "offers", I rarely will PM them. Just doesn't seem to be in my nature.   Frustrating. 

Of course I like your sales threads, as things always seem fairly priced (perhaps even a little below FMV).  

Edited by Hudson

12 hours ago, ChiSoxFan said:

Well ... this should prove interesting. :popcorn:

Late to the party and I see the Action #1 listing vanished, not surprisingly.  So what ended up being determined what the seller actually had (if anything)?  While there was next to zero chance that it was an original, the pictures taken of the front cover didn't match any of the known reprints (all of the defining characteristics of the original were essentially there, as talked about HERE).  The only visible characteristic that seemed to differ from an original was multiple color tones in the rock on the far right side (in the original and all of the reprints, it's a solid single color).

My assumption was (and is) that it was someone trying to pull a scam in the worst place possible to try to do that, and with the worst book possible to do it with, but I'm wondering what, if anything, I missed while I was sleeping.  I would have guessed it was a photoshop effort of some sort, but curious was what "uncovered" (no pun intended) before the thread was yanked.

4 hours ago, Hudson said:

Thanks, Sharon.  I know your advice is wise.  

If I did this more often, my collection would likely be a lot nicer than it is, however, I just find it difficult.  Thus, I often miss out on some nice books.  

Even when abseller ask for "offers", I rarely will PM them. Just doesn't seem to be in my nature.   Frustrating. 

Of course I like your sales threads, as things always seem fairly priced (perhaps even a little below FMV).  

I normally dislike making offers to buy as well, as like you, it's not in my nature to haggle.  That said, I've made more offers the longer I've been here, and I think I've had nearly 100% success rate with them, so maybe I should start making more, lol.  When I do make an offer, it's on something that's in the ballpark of what I'd consider to be a good price -- if it's something way out of line, then I won't bother, because I don't want to "lowball".   When I sell, I'm always open to offers -- some of which I'll take, and some of which I'll politely decline.  As Sharon wisely pointed out, with most people, as long as you're being reasonable in what you're offering, the worse you should get is a nicely worded, "Thanks, but I'll pass".

Making offers is certainly reasonable, and shooting low to find a middle ground doesn't bother me either. If someone makes an offer that is reasonable, I'll counter or accept; if it's unreasonable, I'll just say I can't go that low and thanks for the offer, but not counter. In those cases, I figure there isn't a middle ground and they can keep shopping.

3 hours ago, YouFoundDonon said:

How much would you guys selling a FF13 CGC 8.5+ now, OW-W pages? GPA hasn't had any sold in years. Last sale for a 9.2 was 7k and I've seen 9.4's sold for much more. 

There are 4 recorded sales of 8.0s in 2017 with the most recent in May.  Probably a good gauge for whatever uptick the 8.5 would have given those sales.  I wouldn't use 9.4 data as a comparable pricing point for an 8.5 as there are two intervening grades and my experience is at 9.4 and up, you start really seeing premium prices depending on the book of course.

17 hours ago, YouFoundDonon said:

How much would you guys selling a FF13 CGC 8.5+ now, OW-W pages? GPA hasn't had any sold in years. Last sale for a 9.2 was 7k and I've seen 9.4's sold for much more. 

....a picture would help..... FF 13 is notorious for weak color and miscuts..... if you have a nicer example of an 8.5 it may make a difference.... GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus)(thumbsu

https://www.cgccomics.com/boards/topic/421053-selling-keys/

why on earth would it matter if you've taken a comic out of the mylar?  the books is from the 60's, and obviously you're not the person who originally bought it of the shelf and sleeved it, and there's already very obvious creases on the comic.  Additionally, not taking it out of the mylar means you never did a restoration check or page count.

Its not a big deal and people can advertise how they want, but this guy's first post is rife will rule breaking, dumbness, and scamming red flags.

Hi guys new to the cgc forum but not new to cgc i was wondering i have some graded cgc sss books where would be the appropriate place to list those and if i was looking to buy a specific book or books where would i ask about those as well thank you.

8 hours ago, TomDehnert said:

Hi guys new to the cgc forum but not new to cgc i was wondering i have some graded cgc sss books where would be the appropriate place to list those and if i was looking to buy a specific book or books where would i ask about those as well thank you.

https://www.cgccomics.com/boards/forum/48-the-signature-room/

53 minutes ago, KPR Comics said:

Krap is flowing in that ASM 14 sales thread.

I was just coming on here to post that about the @BoomCity thread.  Personally I think it's a real d-bag move by a few boardies.  Certainly not the first time people couldn't shut up about an asking price in a sales thread.  Guy is entitled to ask whatever he wants.  If people deem it too high let it sit unsold but really STFU about it.

3 minutes ago, MustEatBrains said:

I was just coming on here to post that about the @BoomCity thread.  Personally I think it's a real d-bag move by a few boardies.  Certainly not the first time people couldn't shut up about an asking price in a sales thread.  Guy is entitled to ask whatever he wants.  If people deem it too high let it sit unsold but really STFU about it.

agree, people should chill on it.  And its not like he was misquoting GPA or asking $10K for a $1K comic.  Let the player's play! (and ignore them, if you're not buying)

Thank you @MustEatBrains and @revat 

I'd like to say I appreciated their opinions. But I didn't lol  

I get that GPA is a great tool, hell I use it too non stop. But it's not the be all end all. Look at superboy 68 cgc 6.5. Last sale was 2500 but gpa is 1100 for a 6.0 I believe. Do you think I'd sell my 6.0 copy for $1100? Or how about the fact that fantastic four 1 2.0 just outsold 3.0-4.0 gpa? Think I'll sell my 3.5 for gpa? No. If you look at gpa like this, give your head a shake 

Also gpa doesn't include shipping fees. So I had $25 in for that. I also offered 4% off which is $55 in the asm. So I'm what, $175 high on the average but in line with the 1200 sale in my opinion.