• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

General discussion thread - keep the other threads clean
29 29

35,153 posts in this topic

2 hours ago, edowens71 said:

2 hours ago, jsilverjanet said:

It's amazing to see the total disregard for listing from different eras in the gold/silver/bronze section

Yeah...when I first joined the boards, that was my crusade. I was railing against that with great energy, as I'm sure you recall....

Strange that it really doesn't bother me that much anymore, as @Jeffro. predicted, IIRC  :D

All be honest I am just lazy. If I list 300 modern books and  I have a dozen or so SA books that I need to put up for sale I am just going to stick them in with my modern sale. My hats are off to the sellers that do multiple sales threads at once.

9 hours ago, jsilverjanet said:

It's amazing to see the total disregard for listing from different eras in the gold/silver/bronze section

Assuming you mean me, it wasn't disregard, just not thinking. Hey, here's an idea: how about a friendly pm instead of an oblique "get off my grass, kids" post here? I had the IG books in my Warlock thread, and just copy pasted things over. But jumping to conclusions seems to be in style now, so hey, knock yourself out.

Edited by DavidTheDavid

13 hours ago, jsilverjanet said:

There are several but you are guilty of it 

p.s stop taking things so personal 

Hey, you're the one misconstruing "casual oversight" as "total disregard". Sorry, for taking your specific language as personal. How about you, oh I dunno, ask first and assume later?

10 minutes ago, DavidTheDavid said:

Hey, you're the one misconstruing "casual oversight" as "total disregard". Sorry, for taking your specific language as personal. How about you, oh I dunno, ask first and assume later?

(thumbsu

23 hours ago, edowens71 said:

Yeah...when I first joined the boards, that was my crusade. I was railing against that with great energy, as I'm sure you recall....

Strange that it really doesn't bother me that much anymore, as @Jeffro. predicted, IIRC  :D

Yeah, hanging here too much makes us all soft in the head. 

I suppose if this rule were to be enforced strictly, platinum era books would have to go into the mixed section. hm

18 minutes ago, jsilverjanet said:

(thumbsu

Here's another variation: Hey man, sorry I accused you of total disregard when it was just an oversight on your part. No harm intended.

Or: Hey man, my mistake, guess I could've asked first instead of jumping to conclusions.

As opposed to, "you are guilty of it."

:sumo:

:tonofbricks:

C'mon, surprise me....

Edited by DavidTheDavid

No fireworks, it's too early;) 

Seriously ...I get confused myself with some of the books, it's not like the dates are all on the front covers, and if you don't collect them, you might not know.

There certainly are those who just ignore the rules, but I'm sure there are some mistakes.

Now if you put GA books in Modern, that HAS to be deliberate, because most of the dates ARE on the front covers:)

Happy 4th in advance.

Oh and this is just directed at the discussion.

11 minutes ago, jsilverjanet said:

Are you for real? Seriously you are losing it. 

Put another way, you might have replied: Hi there. Instead of asking, I accused. Sorry for painting you with the ugly language of "total disregard" and then telling you that you are taking things "too personal" when I made an unwarranted personal attack and was called out on it.

Dude, don't be stubborn. It's easy: ask first, assume second, apologize when you should.

Edited by DavidTheDavid

3 minutes ago, skypinkblu said:

No fireworks, it's too early;) 

Seriously ...I get confused myself with some of the books, it's not like the dates are all on the front covers, and if you don't collect them, you might not know.

There certainly are those who just ignore the rules, but I'm sure there are some mistakes.

Now if you put GA books in Modern, that HAS to be deliberate, because most of the dates ARE on the front covers:)

Happy 4th in advance.

Oh and this is just directed at the discussion.

Well, as long as you when you make a mistake about someone's else mistake you make sure to blame that person instead of owning up, then yeah, you got it.

So what you mean is: Hey, I know I said you are guilty, and contradicted that with you're  taking it too personal even though I had included you openly, but since you called me out on that mistake, I'm just going to burn a bridge instead, and respond with dank memes like a preenager.

Well done, sir. Impress me again.

4 minutes ago, DavidTheDavid said:

So what you mean is: Hey, I know I said you are guilty, and contradicted that with you're  taking it too personal even though I had included you openly, but since you called me out on that mistake, I'm just going to burn a bridge instead, and respond with dank memes like a preenager.

Well done, sir. Impress me again.

Get over it already.