• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

General discussion thread - keep the other threads clean
29 29

35,153 posts in this topic

On 4/5/2022 at 7:29 PM, thehumantorch said:

Increase it to 10,000 characters...

There should be enough characters so that one sales thread can occupy the entire first page by itself, and by a daily bump, do so forever. :foryou: GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus)(thumbsu

On 4/7/2022 at 1:48 PM, DavidTheDavid said:

Would you  ************* stop applying packaging tape directly to comic sleeves when sending people comics and magazines!? :tonofbricks:

Thanks, I feel better. Sort of.

Agreed, Gorilla Glue is more secure…

:devil:

I use packing tape. I want it secure! Immobile. if it takes a bang on the corner, will it come loose? Not with a piece (or two) of packing tape on each end. Never tape on the spine side people!

I do understand that you will need a scissor edge or razor. But I get more tons of great packing comments and only a few hating on the tape. One guy asked me if it was a joke how securely I taped them in.

I've actually gotten 2 in cereal boxes, they were 10 years apart, but 2!!;) I've gotten books packed with garbage...but taped bags do drive me crazy, I always put the bagged and boarded comic inside another bag before I tape it...

In case you missed the link to the grading contest, please join in...I know Mike is trying to give boarders who actually post here a head's up before it's flooded with people with one post...and it's free :foryou:

On 4/8/2022 at 12:32 AM, Bird said:

I use packing tape. I want it secure! Immobile. if it takes a bang on the corner, will it come loose? Not with a piece (or two) of packing tape on each end. Never tape on the spine side people!

I do understand that you will need a scissor edge or razor. But I get more tons of great packing comments and only a few hating on the tape. One guy asked me if it was a joke how securely I taped them in.

I use paper tape. At least four pieces for what I am "sandwiching".
This way one does not need to cut it, but just to gently remove it. :)

On 4/7/2022 at 6:32 PM, Bird said:

I use packing tape

today I experienced the frustration of the packing tape purchase! 99 different little pieces going every which way.

but I was glad to get my comics securely

On 4/7/2022 at 6:38 PM, vaillant said:

I use paper tape. At least four pieces for what I am "sandwiching".
This way one does not need to cut it, but just to gently remove it. :)

you'll need a blade when you get your print

btw, a small caliber bullet wouldn't damage your print