• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

General discussion thread - keep the other threads clean
29 29

35,153 posts in this topic

On 2/3/2022 at 8:32 PM, Comical21 said:

What is the difference between asking for F&F and check/MO?  Both have no recourse for the buyer, right?  I've seen many sellers ask for check/MO, especially with bigger books.

F&F is against Paypal's rules and against board rules and check or MO is not

On 12/1/2021 at 8:09 PM, CGC Mike said:

I have tried to get that mark as sold/mark as unsold tab back but, Invision no longer carries it.  We are looking for something to replace it.  

How about getting the ability to delete posts back?   Why was this taken away in the first place?  

• Administrator
On 2/10/2022 at 7:02 PM, THE_BEYONDER said:
On 12/1/2021 at 8:09 PM, CGC Mike said:

I have tried to get that mark as sold/mark as unsold tab back but, Invision no longer carries it.  We are looking for something to replace it.  

How about getting the ability to delete posts back?   Why was this taken away in the first place?  

You can hide a post.  It's basically the same thing.  Only Administrators  can see it.

On 2/11/2022 at 12:02 AM, THE_BEYONDER said:

Before the change, if an OP deleted the first post in any thread they started, the whole thread would be wiped. That meant the OP could wipe all the subsequent posts. It was argued that they should not have that power - the power to delete other members content.

On 3/11/2022 at 1:41 PM, wombat said:

Does anyone else find it off putting when someone throws out GPA as a comparison for their raw books? "My book is xx dollars under GPA". Well yeah. Because its raw.  

I agree, it is comparing apples to oranges

look at the mcs thread to see how disparate grades can be on raw books, but a book in a case is what it is (excepting SCS and such) and therefore price comparisons are appropriate

On 3/18/2022 at 4:36 PM, THE_BEYONDER said:

I’m feeling extra irritable at the moment, but do sellers really need to bump their sales threads every time a book sells via PM?   Just mark the book as sold and move on rantrant

shortest rant ever

do a shot of red bull next time you want to rant and get it right!

On 3/18/2022 at 2:36 PM, THE_BEYONDER said:

I’m feeling extra irritable at the moment, but do sellers really need to bump their sales threads every time a book sells via PM?   Just mark the book as sold and move on rantrant

Sure, but then they can't have an epic sales thread of 135 plus pages without them...like me!!! :drumroll:

756249E5-5147-4F3D-A817-A7E4237FBCDA.jpeg

On 3/18/2022 at 2:51 PM, THE_BEYONDER said:

83C5C01C-480B-4BF9-ABC6-3BB5A1ABFCB0.jpeg.6890f5c03f7e7f7f0d48be82e0b03dcd.jpeg

I really don't do that though.  I clean my thread of irrelevant krap to try and keep it as small as possible. lol

Did she say that @kav???

On 3/18/2022 at 1:55 PM, Galen130 said:

I really don't do that though.  I clean my thread of irrelevant krap to try and keep it as small as possible. lol

Did she say that @kav???

yup

On 3/18/2022 at 4:36 PM, THE_BEYONDER said:

If you were contemplating buying a book, would you prefer to find out you missed it by seeing the "sold via PM" bump or by going into the thread to post a take and then discovering the book was already sold?

I think when a book is sold the seller should mark it as such by editing the original post that contains the book. I also like it when the seller leaves the price posted. And I wish sellers would stop posting 50 different crazy tight close-up shots of a book from every angle and use the traditional large scan of the front and large scan of the back. And keep sales threads to a reasonable length.