• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

(attempted) Flip of the Day!
12 12

2,088 posts in this topic

On 3/7/2024 at 7:32 AM, Captain ShipWreck said:

Where do you think this should have landed at? I wasn't aware of the previous sale but thought it was worth 35k 

I think it landed right where it should, given that the fees are less, which massively distorts HA's number relative to actually consignor net proceeds, the previous $46K result was just silly, but that's no consolation to the consignor. They f'ed up royally. they would have done better trading out of the art at the 46K valuation to something more fungible, or several things to protect their investment. Now the valuation is 50% and nobody will touch it or it becomes that JLA 47 cover that every dealer in North America has had on their wall for the last 25 years. (some more than once)

On 3/12/2024 at 7:29 AM, Rob Frey said:

Very recently offered for sale on a collector's website, now on FB as part of a deal or no deal at a fixed price

epting avengers.PNG

fb deal.PNG

This one is even more flippy (is that a thing?)  I traded it during a CAF Live, and then the guy on the end of it worked his own deal with it, and then don't know, but it ended up in the first listing you shared.  So it's got a sad moving story.  Hopefully it finds it's forever home soon as it's a nice enough page!

On 3/12/2024 at 4:39 AM, GotSuperPowers? said:

This one is even more flippy (is that a thing?)  I traded it during a CAF Live, and then the guy on the end of it worked his own deal with it, and then don't know, but it ended up in the first listing you shared.  So it's got a sad moving story.  Hopefully it finds it's forever home soon as it's a nice enough page!

latest?cb=20150228164442

One day I'll find a forever home.......

On 3/14/2024 at 8:20 AM, Unstoppablejayd said:

Burkey said he got it Oax- so there was a stop over in between lol

Have to add in the cost of the plane ticket, hotel room and entertainment costs to obtain it. It's all part of the overhead, dammit!