• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Son of My 50 Year Junk Obsession
16 16

3,107 posts in this topic

On 4/2/2022 at 9:49 AM, Robot Man said:

These gays who I have never seen before had beautiful books! I went past that beautiful Dynamic several times. Since I already have a some what respectable copy I just had to pass. Man, it was nice! 

10A96EB3-550A-44ED-A931-FD0FB1F5D170.jpeg

Hi, do you recall the price on the Tec 29?  Thanks!

Great convention, had the old feel but less people and larger isles make it a winner. A lot of good people. conversation and it looks like we are back, SDCC here we come. Saw some outstanding early pre Bat Tec's in Torpedo  booth including a fantastic 8.0 Blue

On 4/3/2022 at 3:19 PM, Dreamtoreal1 said:

Fun to see you there hunting Senor!

Great Report

Likewise mi amigo! Great see see a lot of local boardies elbow to elbow in the boxes. Seems most just stare at the big pretty books on the walls. For a waning collector of limited means, I find so much cool and affordable stuff in the boxes.

One boardie commented to me while we were digging through Harley’s boxes that a lot of stuff seemed cheap in todays market. Indeed. I scooped up some great deals because I took the time to look. He probably hadn’t looked through them in a while. :banana:

Picked up a vintage few toys at WonderCon. Including these figures. They are printed paper mounted to fiber board with bases that stand up. Wasn’t going to buy them but they were so cheap, I HAD to buy them.

Thought they were Happy Hooligan but Not sure now. Dated 1925. Man, these are a couple years shy of 100 years old!

Anybody know who they are? @Yellow Kid

BFFEA3DA-3F2D-4274-BF07-4DF989FE5110.jpeg

Edited by Robot Man

On 4/5/2022 at 10:54 AM, Robot Man said:

Picked up a vintage few toys at WonderCon. Including these figures. They are printed paper mounted to fiber board with bases that stand up. Wasn’t going to buy them but they were so cheap, I HAD to buy them.

Thought they were Happy Hooligan but Not sure now. Dated 1925. Man, these are a couple years shy of 100 years old!

Anybody know who they are? @Yellow Kid

BFFEA3DA-3F2D-4274-BF07-4DF989FE5110.jpeg

https://www.theriaults.com/american-lithographed-tin-comic-toy-happy-hooligan-and-board-game?page=19

comic strip first introduced by Frederick Burr Opper in 1900 and later syndicated by King Features.

On 4/8/2022 at 8:53 AM, Robot Man said:

Mailman brought me something I’ve been looking for for quite a while. VERY popular amongst monster collectors. 

I very often see these mags at flea markets for $3-5. each. I always look for it and have yet to find it.

One just popped up and I grabbed it.

The Creature is my favorite of the “Universal monsters” Stoked!

46C0CE7F-6C70-4B30-B978-60B991787B32.jpeg

D481C927-EC31-4F89-AD39-BA5C4494BFCE.jpeg

and boy were they right about moon farms banishing starvation too!

The flea markets back east were over flowing with Popular Mechanics as a kid. Mechanix Illustrated too I suppose. I never bought them but was always intrigued by the cover illustrations of some of the older issues which promised a future that sure didn't exist. Mainly I used to think why does everyone have Popular Mechanics and no one has comics!!

A couple of locals from yesteryear - Ramblin' Rod (Anders) who had a cartoon show on which I appeared once when I was probably 8, and Rusty Nails with whose daughter my spouse went to school as a child.  Also remember watching the national Captain Kangaroo show with my favorite Mr. Green Jeans.

ramblinrod.jpg

rustynails.jpg

On 4/18/2022 at 2:24 PM, Tri-ColorBrian said:

How many remember these L.A. kid's shows from the 50's and 60s?

Sheriff John

52013841141_78180fa870_c.jpg

Engineer Bill

52014087844_fd71cb75d8_w.jpg

Chucko the Clown

52013841211_0f3647bd76_z.jpg

Tom Hatten's Popeye show

52013841176_e86c07dcdb_c.jpg

Romper Room

52014087809_49085b96df_c.jpg

I have a vague memory of all of them. Engineer Bill had a schtick about drinking your milk on a green light. Tom Hatten showed Popeye cartoons. Romper Room was kind of lame. I can barely remember the Sherriff John birthday song but sure it would come back pretty quick. 

On 4/18/2022 at 3:57 PM, MattTheDuck said:

A couple of locals from yesteryear - Ramblin' Rod (Anders) who had a cartoon show on which I appeared once when I was probably 8, and Rusty Nails with whose daughter my spouse went to school as a child.  Also remember watching the national Captain Kangaroo show with my favorite Mr. Green Jeans.

ramblinrod.jpg

rustynails.jpg

I saw Capt Kangaroo I think. I was a little too young to remember Howdy Doody. 

On 4/18/2022 at 4:26 PM, Robot Man said:

I have a vague memory of all of them. Engineer Bill had a schtick about drinking your milk on a green light. Tom Hatten showed Popeye cartoons. Romper Room was kind of lame. I can barely remember the Sherriff John birthday song but sure it would come back pretty quick. 

Edited by Tri-ColorBrian