• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Son of My 50 Year Junk Obsession
16 16

3,111 posts in this topic

The August All American collector’s show is in the books.

This is a fun 2 day show that happens twice a year. Attracts a lot of very quality sellers in the vintage toy and advertising hobby. I have set up at almost every one for probably 30 years.

The dealer badges this year were steller. The theme for this show was comic characters. In addition to these were a very nice Betty Boop and Mickey one. The promoter said he would get me one of each to complete my set.  :banana:

I offered a few free admission badges in the event thread and got no takers…(shrug)

721BF26C-0412-45A6-B62A-368D2A9D103E.jpeg

Edited by Robot Man

On 8/25/2022 at 12:49 AM, Robot Man said:

Dollar find at the flea market on Sunday. Was fun to find this ad inside. 

A1368BBF-EA55-4ADC-B084-04F7099053EA.jpeg

6B7964FC-1E7F-454D-AA1A-F0413945958C.jpeg

6D707B0D-F436-47D5-9D49-5DA5648F41A8.jpeg

Harvey must have been moving hundreds of thousands of books a month to all the Baby Boomers out there. I've never seen sales figures but they sure morphed their company into a major entertainment mecca for the kids back in the fifties and sixties. I think Hot Stuff would still make an awesome cartoon even one done for adults if done right.

On 8/25/2022 at 12:49 AM, 50YrsCollctngCmcs said:

Harvey must have been moving hundreds of thousands of books a month to all the Baby Boomers out there. I've never seen sales figures but they sure morphed their company into a major entertainment mecca for the kids back in the fifties and sixties. I think Hot Stuff would still make an awesome cartoon even one done for adults if done right.

In the very late ‘50’s / early ‘60’s, they were VERY prevalent. Harvey and DC ruled the racks along with Archie’s. Harveys were the books my parents bought for us mostly. My dad liked Sad Sack. We had to trade several for one DC to the neighborhood kids. My tastes were Batman and the DC war books that until Marvels came out…