• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Son of My 50 Year Junk Obsession
16 16

3,110 posts in this topic

Lots of big SA to modern and tons of dollar books. VERY little GA and a lot was priced to the moon. Noticed a lot of “tire kicking” on the better stuff but the dollar to 10 dollar guys seemed to be doing a brisk business.

Not much for me. The 2 guys I usually buy from got shut out this time…

But, I am a dedicated box diver and managed to scrounge up a few odd books.

All in all, a fun way to spend a few hours. Hey, free admission and parking. 

803AA1BF-0CE2-4CCC-9EEE-4628E44BDEC1.jpeg

WOW,

I saw a run of pics of comics and toys and can say that I am super impressed!!  Not sure what you plan on doing with it once you're ready to have it all go to a new home but I'd be honored to get a call.  I can't imagine what the entirety of your comic collection looks like.  Thanks so much for sharing!!

Robotman, do you have, or are you familiar with this Superman Bread Shield Badge?

I read in a Hakes auction that there are only 5 known to exist.

The first photo shows the Hakes badge.  It's 3" x 3.25"

The 2nd photo shows one I saw at auction last night.  It is 6" X 6.5". It might be rarer because I can't find any other example of the larger one on the internet.  I figured you might have some knowledge.

image.jpg

img.jpg

On 12/8/2022 at 5:36 AM, gadzukes said:

Robotman, do you have, or are you familiar with this Superman Bread Shield Badge?

I read in a Hakes auction that there are only 5 known to exist.

The first photo shows the Hakes badge.  It's 3" x 3.25"

The 2nd photo shows one I saw at auction last night.  It is 6" X 6.5". It might be rarer because I can't find any other example of the larger one on the internet.  I figured you might have some knowledge.

image.jpg

img.jpg

That is vey cool. One I don’t have. I do know of one though and have seen paperwork for it. Might be part of Hake’s count of 5 or a 6th unknown example. No matter, extremely rare and very desirable to geeks like me that collect premiums.

The larger one sounds like a store display or maybe at one time attached to a delivery truck. Would be helpful to see the backs of these. Obviously MUCH rarer. I would have been all over that auction! 

On 12/8/2022 at 11:52 AM, Robot Man said:

That is vey cool. One I don’t have. I do know of one though and have seen paperwork for it. Might be part of Hake’s count of 5 or a 6th unknown example. No matter, extremely rare and very desirable to geeks like me that collect premiums.

The larger one sounds like a store display or maybe at one time attached to a delivery truck. Would be helpful to see the backs of these. Obviously MUCH rarer. I would have been all over that auction! 

There were only 3 of us bidding (because the auction didn't use the words "comic" or "badge".  I had it at $40 with 5 minutes left and then a bidding blitzkrieg broke out, LOL.  I had seen the Hakes results so I knew it was special.  I ended up winning it, paying WAY more than I wanted to spend.  

I hope it's as rare as they say.  I'll show you the back side when I get it.

Edited by gadzukes

I bought all of these in one lot.  I'm hoping everything on the right will pay for the Superman Crusader ring on the left.

I've got most of them identified.... Tom Mix whistle ring, RoyRogers ring, Captain Midnight decoder, Sky King tele-blinker, Sky King Radar ring.

But two I can't identify... any idea what the last two rings pictured are?

IMG_4429.jpeg

IMG_4430.jpeg

IMG_4431.jpeg

Edited by gadzukes

On 12/8/2022 at 9:42 AM, gadzukes said:

There were only 3 of us bidding (because the auction didn't use the words "comic" or "badge".  I had it at $40 with 5 minutes left and then a bidding blitzkrieg broke out, LOL.  I had seen the Hakes results so I knew it was special.  I ended up winning it, paying WAY more than I wanted to spend.  

I hope it's as rare as they say.  I'll show you the back side when I get it.

Glad you got it. Probably the only one that size that exists and a wonderful early image. So complementary to your comic book collection. No matter what it went for, probably a lot less than a Supe comic of the same rarity would go for.