• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

BLACK ADAM starring Dwayne Johnson (TBD)
7 7

1,456 posts in this topic

On 10/31/2022 at 9:26 AM, Gatsby77 said:

It clearly struck a chord with this top critic.

He's written two follow-up pieces (so far):

‘Black Adam’ and The Rock — when really bad movies happen to good actors

The Rock’s ‘Black Adam’ tops our 10 worst movies ever

Note, his list of the top 10 worst comes with two caveats: he only covers the period for which he's been actively reviewing films, i.e. Rocky 4 (1985) on, and he's excluding truly C-list films that were never meant meant to be good. So, of the last 37 years, he's got:

1. Black Adam

2. Pirates of the Caribbean - Dead Man's Chest

3. Venom: Let There Be Carnage

4. Suicide Squad

5. Last Days

6. The House That Jack Built

7. Ghosts Can't Do It

8. The Last Airbender

9. RocknRolla

10. Romeo & Juliet (2013)

You should go see the movie for yourself. Seriously.

Haunting a thread with negativity because "the fans deserved better" yet you haven't seen it isn't contributing to healthy dialogue. At least with BVS you saw the movie when you then wanted to protect fellow forumites from seeing it.

On 10/31/2022 at 9:26 AM, Gatsby77 said:

It clearly struck a chord with this top critic.

He's written two follow-up pieces (so far):

‘Black Adam’ and The Rock — when really bad movies happen to good actors

The Rock’s ‘Black Adam’ tops our 10 worst movies ever

Note, his list of the top 10 worst comes with two caveats: he only covers the period for which he's been actively reviewing films, i.e. Rocky 4 (1985) on, and he's excluding truly C-list films that were never meant meant to be good. So, of the last 37 years, he's got:

1. Black Adam

2. Pirates of the Caribbean - Dead Man's Chest

3. Venom: Let There Be Carnage

4. Suicide Squad

5. Last Days

6. The House That Jack Built

7. Ghosts Can't Do It

8. The Last Airbender

9. RocknRolla

10. Romeo & Juliet (2013)

He still hasn't watched enough movies if this is "Top 10 Bad" for him. That's pure delusion.

On 10/31/2022 at 8:02 AM, D84 said:

Yeah. No way Black Adam is worse than Fant4stic, which isn't even on the list.

The boardies I saw Black Adam with said Thor Love and Thunder is the worst comic movie they have watched........

On 10/31/2022 at 10:56 AM, kimik said:

The boardies I saw Black Adam with said Thor Love and Thunder is the worst comic movie they have watched........

That, and Punisher: War Zone are the only 2 CBMs I have turned on and not finished. I would have turned Fan4stic off of the TV if it weren't for commercials and distractions.

On 10/31/2022 at 11:06 AM, theCapraAegagrus said:

That, and Punisher: War Zone are the only 2 CBMs I have turned on and not finished. I would have turned Fan4stic off of the TV if it weren't for commercials and distractions.

So many candidates. So little time.

• Supergirl (1984)
  • Superman IV: The Quest For Peace (1987)
  • Captain America (1990)
  • Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles III (1993)
  • Steel (1997)
  • Catwoman (2004)
  • Son of the Mask (2005)
  • The Spirit (2008)
  • Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (2014)
  • Fantastic Four (2015)
  • Justice League (2017)

But sure. If you have a narrative to push (especially how some critics are upset how WBD treated Emmerich and Hamada), let's choose Black Adam.

On 10/31/2022 at 10:12 AM, Bosco685 said:

So many candidates. So little time.

• Supergirl (1984)
  • Superman IV: The Quest For Peace (1987)
  • Captain America (1990)
  • Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles III (1993)
  • Steel (1997)
  • Catwoman (2004)
  • Son of the Mask (2005)
  • The Spirit (2008)
  • Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (2014)
  • Fantastic Four (2015)
  • Justice League (2017)

But sure. If you have a narrative to push (especially how some critics are upset how WBD treated Emmerich and Hamada), let's choose Black Adam.

good lawd, supe 4.   what were they thinking?

On 10/31/2022 at 4:00 AM, Bosco685 said:

Didn't that start before Iron Man 3 with the huge Avengers (2012) NYC massive battle where in the end it was estimated that would have resulted in $160B in recovery costs alone if real?

'Avengers’ Damage to Manhattan Would Cost $160 Billion, Disaster Expert Estimates

I so appreciate that movie. But seeing all those skyscrapers falling down loaded with people was excessive if that is the distractor that breaks movie fun for anyone.

Yep, I seem to recall having a similar reaction while the Avengers were fighting those alien hordes and the Hulk was running up buildings. :tonofbricks:

On 10/31/2022 at 9:12 AM, Bosco685 said:

As I have posted here numerous times, in any successful company those two would have been canned much earlier than they were. Their vision was obviously not resonating with movie goers, and it was obvious from close to the start.

On 10/31/2022 at 8:56 AM, kimik said:

I didn't say that.  By far, it has to be one of the aforementioned FF films.

(I'm not saying Thor L&T was good.  I would rank it as the worst film produced by Kevin Feige.)

On 10/31/2022 at 1:16 PM, piper said:

I didn't say that.  By far, it has to be one of the aforementioned FF films.

(I'm not saying Thor L&T was good.  I would rank it as the worst film produced by Kevin Feige.)

Kevin Feige was an executive producer on the 2005 Fantastic Four.

On 10/31/2022 at 5:26 AM, theCapraAegagrus said:

The headline alone discredits itself. The writer should watch more movies.

:roflmao: I've taken classes with this guy. He's been reviewing movies since college (40 years),professionally since 1985, written several books, can only imagine the thousands (tens of thousands?) of movies he's seen.

Edited by paperheart