• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

BLACK ADAM starring Dwayne Johnson (TBD)
7 7

1,456 posts in this topic

I don't know the specifics but I do know that Studios don't work well together at time.  I have no idea if Cavill was actually filming The Witcher or if his contract with Netflix had stipulations on what he could or could not do, but good on Netflix for not trying to block (or at least if they did try and throw a fit it isn't being reported) his Superman cameo.

On 10/28/2022 at 4:51 PM, Straw-Man said:

got to see it today.  liked it.  fate was grate, hawkman cool, but the other two did nothing for me.  much better than the critical consensus.  credits scene gave me chills.  

Agreed. Just got back from seeing it and I liked it better than I thought I would. They did a decent job of introducing Black Adam and the JSA members. Now the question is whether WBD will be able to build from here. There are plenty of other JSA characters to bring into the picture.

It was ok. 5/10.

Dwayne Johnson was his usual charismatic self. Little plot and tons of action. It’s the kind of film that I loved as a young teenage boy.

Dr. Fate looked cool on screen. 

On 10/28/2022 at 7:59 AM, Ken Aldred said:

This short but really nice run hasn't been mentioned yet...

5442905.jpg

I really want this run collected in hardcover. They've solicited it a few times, but it's always been cancelled for reasons unknown, or been changed to another series (the '91 8 issue series). Now would be the perfect time to release this, DC. Get some new JSA product on the shelves now that people are interested in them from the film. 

On 10/29/2022 at 11:02 AM, Gatsby77 said:

Wait - so Black Adam's not a hero?

On 10/29/2022 at 2:36 PM, Jaydogrules said:

1.) Black Adam (NL) 4,402 theaters, Fri $7.5M (-72%) 3-day $25M (-63%)/Total $108.4M/Wk 2

Based on its big dumb budget this will be an even bigger flop than shazam.  A movie that never should have been made, and certainly not for $200MM.  A frivolous vanity project where the only person who will make any money is Dwayne.  

-J.

So you both saw Black Adam now?

I was able to snag a 2 free tshirts, x-large, that might go into the boards holiday gift exchange, and a normal size poster, plus now I have a double of the mini poster. A tote bag and extra comic too!

IMG_20221029_135603798~2.jpg

IMG_20221029_135848549.jpg

Edited by ADAMANTIUM