• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

ComicConnect's Next Event Auction has started posting books !
21 21

4,092 posts in this topic

On 2/21/2024 at 6:18 AM, tth2 said:

If his job scope at CC included scanning books, it's not surprising that he decided to jump ship.

Well, of course it should be pretty obvious that I never meant that Rob would be doing the scanning himself.  :sumo:

More that the whole thing should be a lot more organzied and at least look like they have their act together which certainly does not appear to be the case on this go round here.  :(

All I can say is that if I was a consignor in this particular Event Auction here, I would not be that happy with what I am seeing here so far.  :mad:  :censored:

On 2/21/2024 at 10:43 AM, woowoo said:
On 2/21/2024 at 7:28 AM, jimbo_7071 said:

The ComicConnect auctions last so long that they could wait a few weeks after the auction starts before posting scans, and it wouldn't make any difference.

True that wayyyyyyyyyy toooooooooooooo longgggggggggggggg

Well, are you also referring to the Heritage Signature Auctions here because they also start the bidding process for the same 3-week time period prior to the end of their auctions?  (shrug)

Edited by lou_fine

On 2/22/2024 at 2:07 AM, lou_fine said:

Well, of course it should be pretty obvious that I never meant that Rob would be doing the scanning himself.  :sumo:

More that the whole thing should be a lot more organzied and at least look like they have their act together which certainly does not appear to be the case on this go round here.  :(

All I can say is that if I was a consignor in this particular Event Auction here, I would not be that happy with what I am seeing here so far.  :mad:  :censored:

Hey , Well one of the books I'm watching showed up today so that's a step forward.  I called them a few days ago to ask them about a book I'm interested in but the scan that was up looked different from the last time they sold the same book,  and she spoke to the scanning dept and said they are taking care of business and working overtime. 

Edited by Professor K

On 2/26/2024 at 5:41 PM, bc said:

Looks like the theme is "No Image Available"

image.thumb.png.0d7133f67fd0dc67096930150b4ddc1a.png

-bc

it is all part of the marketing strategy :shiftyeyes:

each item won will be a total surprise, no more of that 'what you see is what you get' nonsense.

Edited by Gotham Kid

On 2/26/2024 at 9:41 AM, bc said:

Looks like the theme is "No Image Available"

image.thumb.png.0d7133f67fd0dc67096930150b4ddc1a.png

-bc

Well, looks like we got the obvious answer to my question which I had posted here last week:  :facepalm:  :facepalm:

On 2/20/2024 at 11:16 PM, lou_fine said:

Is CC even going to be close to ready for their upcoming Event Auction which supposedly starts in 5 days when they don't even have the scans for most thir lots up yet:  :facepalm:

Although he was not doing the scanning himself, it look like the loss of Rob is clearly evident as he was probably the go to guy in terms of coordinating everything to ensure that all of the auctions was set up to run properly.  :(

On 2/26/2024 at 7:35 PM, batman_fan said:

I am actually watching a lot of stuff in this one.

Me too. 165 of them. It's a really good one. Amazing Man.......are some of the books offered. 

And I can see about 80% of the pics now.

On 2/26/2024 at 5:37 PM, szav said:

This is a set up right?….. 

Fine.  How much of it can you see?

A couple of items without scans but on the plus side, Comic Connect has several weeks to get scans up before the auction kicks into gear.

On 2/27/2024 at 8:53 AM, lou_fine said:

Well, looks like we got the obvious answer to my question which I had posted here last week:  :facepalm:  :facepalm:

Although he was not doing the scanning himself, it look like the loss of Rob is clearly evident as he was probably the go to guy in terms of coordinating everything to ensure that all of the auctions was set up to run properly.  :(

Rob has left CC? That explains why my emails have gone unanswered. 

On 2/26/2024 at 4:54 PM, Professor K said:

And I can see about 80% of the pics now.

The question here is will they hit 100% by the time the 3-minute extended bidding buzzer starts to go off in 3 short weeks from now?  :taptaptap: :taptaptap:

Does anybody here have any idea who Rob's replacement is going to be or is this how they are planning to run all of their auctions going forward?  doh!

On 2/27/2024 at 4:32 AM, Gotham Kid said:

it is all part of the marketing strategy :shiftyeyes:

each item won will be a total surprise, no more of that 'what you see is what you get' nonsense.

CC are going old school, back to when CGC first came into existence and dealers wouldn't provide scans of slabbed books because "You've got the CGC grade, that's all you need to know."