• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

ComicConnect's Next Event Auction has started posting books !
21 21

4,092 posts in this topic

On 2/26/2024 at 3:03 PM, lou_fine said:

And if there was a book that I really really wanted like one of the rare HTF Jon Berk copies, I'd be :banana:and hope that nobody else bids on it.  :wishluck:

Oh, crappers..................now they've got scans up for the books which I want and bidders are already starting to throw in their bids on them.  :mad:  :censored:

Edited by lou_fine

On 2/27/2024 at 7:23 PM, lou_fine said:

Oh, crappers..................now they've got scans up for the books which I want and bidders are already starting to throw in their bids on them.  :mad:  :censored:

Which ones? :devil:

On 2/28/2024 at 2:07 PM, batman_fan said:

Batman 4 and 90 scans still not up :cry:

Are you the consignor  :mad:  :censored:  or are you thinking of bidding for it  :banana: as no scans should be good enough to scarce away any competing bids?  lol

On 2/28/2024 at 4:57 PM, lou_fine said:

Are you the consignor  :mad:  :censored:  or are you thinking of bidding for it  :banana: as no scans should be good enough to scarce away any competing bids?  lol

POTENTIAL bidder but given a 5.0 can look like a 2.0 I really need those scans

On 2/28/2024 at 7:20 PM, batman_fan said:

POTENTIAL bidder but given a 5.0 can look like a 2.0 I really need those scans

Maybe if they raise the Buyer's Premium to 30% scans will be possible.  :eyeroll: 

On 2/26/2024 at 4:54 PM, Professor K said:
On 2/26/2024 at 4:35 PM, batman_fan said:

I am actually watching a lot of stuff in this one.

Me too. 165 of them. It's a really good one. Amazing Man.......are some of the books offered. 

On 2/26/2024 at 9:49 PM, szav said:

I'll admit, all this talk got me to look at what's in the auction and they do have a few good ones, including a full run of Phantom Ladies.

Alright, you guys convinced me to take a closer look and like you all said here, it's actually not too bad at all.  (thumbsu

Especially when you've got some "Amazing" Centaurs in there that's seldom seen in any grade right though to the short run titles like the HTF Whirlwind's that's actually in graded condition that we haven't seen come into the marketplace in years and well before the huge pandemic price boost. :luhv: 

Edited by lou_fine

On 3/5/2024 at 5:17 AM, szav said:
On 2/28/2024 at 9:06 AM, Kromak said:

Hopefully they will also speed up their payments. I sold several books in their December auction and still didn't receive.

Were you given a payment date ahead of time?  HA takes a while too but it’s very explicitly stated well ahead of time on what date you’ll be paid.

Maybe Rob Reynolds handled accounting too.

On 3/5/2024 at 10:14 AM, woowoo said:

I been waiting for a scan of this book for 2 weeks and finely was there yesterday but now :whatthe::makepoint:loo1.1745.jpg

Yeah, it needs a little... something. Maybe a CVA sticker?

On 3/6/2024 at 9:12 AM, batman_fan said:

Scans for the Batman 4 and 90 have been posted and now I am wishing they hadn’t been :sick:

lol I stopped following several books after the scans were posted.

It seems like grading has gotten soft across the board—so I guess the Promise Collection was just a harbinger of things to come.

On 3/4/2024 at 6:17 PM, szav said:

Were you given a payment date ahead of time?  HA takes a while too but it’s very explicitly stated well ahead of time on what date you’ll be paid.

No, I wasn't. The main problem was with their payment method, something called bill.com (that no one told me was going to be used when I consigned). It continued requesting me a document number that only companies have (even though there was an option to choose if you are a person or a company)

After one month of several email exchanges and complaints, someone from CC did himself my registration and on bill.com. After that I was informed that two of my books were not sold and if I would like to keep waiting for the payment or to do something else with them. It was also said the payment would go through a review process. I then asked which books were not sold.

That was a week ago. There was no answer about which books were not sold. In the meanwhile I contacted the consignments guy and he answered my question. A few minutes ago I sent another email asking about the current status of the payment's review process.