• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Omnibus, Absolute, Deluxe, and HC Thread
19 19

2,482 posts in this topic

On 2/18/2022 at 12:21 AM, Upgrayedd2 said:

All Right! I received the replacement copy from Amazon. Saw the corner of the box and began to worry. However, as I opened the box, I saw they wrapped the book...in a single piece of paper. Damaged again. Before I return it to Amazon, I am going to ring them and provide them with the option to provide a discount or return and try again.

IMG_4886.jpg

IMG_4882.jpg

IMG_4881.jpg

IMG_4880.jpg

IMG_4877.jpg

IMG_4875.jpg

Ugh, I hate that for you. So frustrating. And of course, Amazon couldn't care less. Hoping you eventually get a keeper copy!

I ordered a few things from the B2G1 sale at Target last week. Target used to do a decent job with packing (decent...not great) but it has really slipped over the last year. This box had three books and ZERO padding of any kind. One of the was completely butchered. To their credit they're shipping me another copy, and I didn't have to return the original, so that's nice. But still, i feel your pain. I know that in the grand scheme these mega-retailers think it's not worth the effort/money to pack more efficiently, but I can't even imagine the hit they're taking in returns/damages. You'd think it would be enough to make it worthwhile to change their packaging procedures, but I guess it isn't.

I only need three more books:   Hickman Avengers vol 2 reprint (don't wanna pay $200 on ebay), Immortal Hulk full run (not announced but seems inevitable), and Uncanny X-Men vol 5 (also not announced but I need 194-209 to complete my 94-280 hardcover run, though I'm not sure what they could add besides 194-209, and they can't really go beyond 209 due to Mutant Massacre).

On 2/19/2022 at 9:58 AM, letsgrumble said:

Pre-ordered books at various times last year between May and December. Now they're starting to trickle in all at once. Received a Taschen book and an Artist's Edition last week, the Dr. Strange Omni this week, and it looks like I got three more books on the horizon next week. I'm racking up quite the total.

IMG_9215.JPG

Love the pics, but I'm also interested in seeing the heavy-duty book shelves buyers are using to secure these monstrous publications.

On 2/19/2022 at 2:35 PM, Upgrayedd2 said:

Love the pics, but I'm also interested in seeing the heavy-duty book shelves buyers are using to secure these monstrous publications.

IKEA shelving

On 2/18/2022 at 2:08 PM, Poekaymon said:

I only need three more books:   Hickman Avengers vol 2 reprint (don't wanna pay $200 on ebay), Immortal Hulk full run (not announced but seems inevitable), and Uncanny X-Men vol 5 (also not announced but I need 194-209 to complete my 94-280 hardcover run, though I'm not sure what they could add besides 194-209, and they can't really go beyond 209 due to Mutant Massacre).

I'm in a similar boat with UXM, just need Omni V. 5 to finish out what I consider the essential run. I'd assume that the Omni 5 would cover the same material from MMW 12 & 13, since that's basically what the other Omnis have done so far. Two MMW's = 1 Omni. So, UXM-194-209, UXM K9, New Mutants Special, Nightcrawler 1-4, Bizarre Adventures, Longshot 1-6, Marvel Fanfare 33. Should shake out to be a lot of great Art Adams goodness! Some folks think X-Factor stuff may be included, but I tend to think they'll get their own omni at some point. It's X-men, it's Simonson, it would sell on its own.

Edited by F For Fake

On 2/21/2022 at 9:06 AM, theCapraAegagrus said:

Dr. Strange omnibuses are a place that I may go to soon...

Good timing. They've just reprinted the first two volumes, and 3 will be here in a moment. Plus Omni 1 is a very thin volume, so you can get 1 & 2 for around $100 total. Not bad. I actually prefer Ditko's Dr. Strange stuff to his Spidey stuff. Much trippier.

Over the weekend I read that Marvel is reprinting the Dan Slott She-Hulk omnibus, which is great and also a no-brainer with the tv show coming up.

Also read that Dynamite will be publishing the John Buscema Marvel Tarzan omnibus, full run + annuals. I'm looking forward to that one!

A couple of arrivals from yesterday. I'm happy to finally have a hardcover of Gen 13, and really wish we'd get the entire run (or at least the entire JSC run), but the fact that this isn't bearing a "Volume 1" would indicate that this probably all we'll ever get. Oh well, I guess it's better than nothing.

On 2/24/2022 at 11:08 AM, F For Fake said:

A couple of arrivals from yesterday. I'm happy to finally have a hardcover of Gen 13, and really wish we'd get the entire run (or at least the entire JSC run), but the fact that this isn't bearing a "Volume 1" would indicate that this probably all we'll ever get. Oh well, I guess it's better than nothing.

Pulp Fiction GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY