• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Omnibus, Absolute, Deluxe, and HC Thread
19 19

2,482 posts in this topic

On 1/24/2022 at 10:43 AM, Rob said:

Picked up a copy of Batman Golden Age Omnibus #6 last week for a pretty penny, and saw a #7 was listed at auction on eBay.  I watched it, fully expecting to win it.  Paid $265 for the #6, and figured I'd have to pay more for the #7.  As the auction was ending, I was putting in my snipe, and set it at $550, assuming I'd win it somewhere around $350-$400, but wanted to make sure I got it.  Well, when the bidding went up to $495, the reality set in that I was going to pay $500+ for this book.  And I started to think what comic I could get for $500 instead, so I cancelled my snipe.  It ended at that $495 bid.  Guess I'll have a hole in my set for now...

I couldn't take it anymore, and broke down and got my Batman #7 for $470.

I'm thinking of getting some pre-code horror works and was wondering what you guys would suggest for what brand and editions I should try to get them in? The only ones I've really seen reprint these titles is PS Artbooks and not sure if any others exist. 

I'm in an IDW TMNT mood, and I've only got the first year or so in singles and tpbs. Upgrade time! I received the first two volumes yesterday, with volume 3 on the way (would have been 4 too, but I'm ashamed to say I wanted the Gen 13 hardcover, which was an appalling price for the content included). I hope to be able to order 2 volumes per fortnight after that, at least until my sudden and fickle interest changes. I'm looking forward to the Jennika stuff, which I know is a looong way away from me yet. It's nice having these in a format consistent with my Transformers Collections. They've got nothing to do with each other, but it'll just make for a nicer shelf display. 

I should also be getting the new Fantastic Four Epic Collection soon, another volume from the DeFalco/Ryan era, the infamous 'Nobody Gets Out Alive' volume. They've been great about covering this area, (just one volume left), I just wish it could be done in hardcover omnibus form. Maybe one day.... 

Edited by Mecha_Fantastic

On 3/5/2022 at 9:15 AM, DeadpoolJr. said:

I'm thinking of getting some pre-code horror works and was wondering what you guys would suggest for what brand and editions I should try to get them in? The only ones I've really seen reprint these titles is PS Artbooks and not sure if any others exist. 

EC Archives ... no brainer.

https://www.russcochran.com/ec-archives/

Edited by bronze_rules

The Fantastic Four Epic Collection 'No One Gets Out Alive' arrived, in great condition too (I'm just a reader who happens to collect, but damn Amazon here needs to use some packing foam etc. The DeFalco/Ryan run means a lot to me, and I never thought we'd get it in collected form, so thank you Marvel for completing this run so quickly! 

On 3/5/2022 at 12:15 PM, DeadpoolJr. said:

The EC Archives are currently being reprinted by Dark Horse.

PS Artbooks does have a lot of great stuff, too. I love the Harvey Horrors series.

On 3/11/2022 at 5:32 PM, Mecha_Fantastic said:

I'm in an IDW TMNT mood, and I've only got the first year or so in singles and tpbs. Upgrade time! I received the first two volumes yesterday, with volume 3 on the way (would have been 4 too, but I'm ashamed to say I wanted the Gen 13 hardcover, which was an appalling price for the content included). I hope to be able to order 2 volumes per fortnight after that, at least until my sudden and fickle interest changes. I'm looking forward to the Jennika stuff, which I know is a looong way away from me yet. It's nice having these in a format consistent with my Transformers Collections. They've got nothing to do with each other, but it'll just make for a nicer shelf display. 

I should also be getting the new Fantastic Four Epic Collection soon, another volume from the DeFalco/Ryan era, the infamous 'Nobody Gets Out Alive' volume. They've been great about covering this area, (just one volume left), I just wish it could be done in hardcover omnibus form. Maybe one day.... 

I'm curious about the IDW TMNT stuff, but it will be quite a while before I go down that road, as I'm trying to complete so many other lines right now. I feel the countdown with IDW losing the Transformers license, I'm trying to get the entire HC run, and am just four of five volumes short. 

I paid the price for the Gen 13 HC. It's a pretty slim volume, but nicely done. I wish we were getting the whole run (or at least the entire JSC run) but it seems unlikely. :(

I've been waiting for weeks for a few of my Omni pre-orders due to shipping delays.  I stopped by my LCS yesterday only to see Deadly Class V3, Doctor Strange V2, Captain America Lives, and What If V2.  Yikes...

I'm also still waiting for Hulk V1.

On 3/21/2022 at 12:28 PM, piper said:

I've been waiting for weeks for a few of my Omni pre-orders due to shipping delays.  I stopped by my LCS yesterday only to see Deadly Class V3, Doctor Strange V2, Captain America Lives, and What If V2.  Yikes...

I'm also still waiting for Hulk V1.

Yup, a ton of stuff has shown up. March is deadly packed. My wish list grows longer and longer, I'm just crossing my fingers that everything doesn't sell out before I get around to buying them! I had good luck with a recent Organic Priced Books order. Priced a few bucks higher than the competition, but shipped lighting fast in comparison to IST and CGN. 

Edited by F For Fake

I recently just dipped my toes in the Marvel Omnibus pool. I have ASM Vol. 1 and 2, ASM Michelinie/McFarlane, FF, X-Men, Mutant Massacre (really enjoyed some of the comics as a youngster) and just picked up Incredible Hulk. My plan is to get the Marvel Silver Age "classics" and then whatever else may pique my interest.

Prior to this, I did dabble/pick up some Marvel Masterworks hardcovers and Marvel Premiere hard cover line.

Also, any Spidey fans see this? https://www.foliosociety.com/ca/spider-man.html?gclid=EAIaIQobChMIzbLuqubY9gIVA7_ICh2wYgBiEAYYASABEgLyd_D_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds

Production value looks nice. Love the cover, looks sharp. Considering it.

Edited by Wall-Crawler

On 3/21/2022 at 11:41 PM, Wall-Crawler said:

I recently just dipped my toes in the Marvel Omnibus pool. I have ASM Vol. 1 and 2, ASM Michelinie/McFarlane, FF, X-Men, Mutant Massacre (really enjoyed some of the comics as a youngster) and just picked up Incredible Hulk. My plan is to get the Marvel Silver Age "classics" and then whatever else may pique my interest.

Prior to this, I did dabble/pick up some Marvel Masterworks hardcovers and Marvel Premiere hard cover line.

Also, any Spidey fans see this? https://www.foliosociety.com/ca/spider-man.html?gclid=EAIaIQobChMIzbLuqubY9gIVA7_ICh2wYgBiEAYYASABEgLyd_D_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds

Production value looks nice. Love the cover, looks sharp. Considering it.

Welcome to the club! You picked a good time to start collecting, as many silver age volumes which have been out of print for years have come back into print just in these last couple of months. White whales like Hulk Vol 1, Thor V 1, etc are available for the first time in years. 

On 3/22/2022 at 9:57 AM, F For Fake said:

Welcome to the club! You picked a good time to start collecting, as many silver age volumes which have been out of print for years have come back into print just in these last couple of months. White whales like Hulk Vol 1, Thor V 1, etc are available for the first time in years. 

I think I am waiting on Thor Vol. 1 to come into my LCS? 

I like Marvel Horror too...I was surprised to see what Tomb of Dracula Vol. 1 goes for now!

On 3/23/2022 at 6:23 PM, Wall-Crawler said:

I like Marvel Horror too...I was surprised to see what Tomb of Dracula Vol. 1 goes for now!

I am also waiting for Thor Vol. 1 which I also ordered from my LCS. Did I miss it?

On 3/23/2022 at 7:18 PM, Dave2739 said:

I am also waiting for Thor Vol. 1 which I also ordered from my LCS. Did I miss it?

Since distribution is so jacked up these days, coming from so many sources, I’m not sure when the comic shops should have received their copies. But the Thor Vol 1 Omni has been out at the online retailers for a few weeks. IST still shows it as in stock, I’m not sure if CGN still has it, but they did at release week.

On 3/23/2022 at 6:23 PM, Wall-Crawler said:

Not sure if you’re interested in Marvel Masterworks, but Tomb of Dracula started up in MMW format with a new restoration last year, and it’s really lovely. Of course, at one MMW per year, it’ll take many years for the masterworks to catch up with what the Omnis collected. But they do look great.

I would be surprised if the ToD omnis don’t get a reprint whenever the MCU Blade stuff gets rolling.

On 3/24/2022 at 8:23 AM, theCapraAegagrus said:

What solicitations are you guys looking forward to this year? The only thing on my list is Absolute Doomsday Clock, and the continuation of the Spawn Origins Deluxe series (if it's truly being continued).

A few Marvel Omnis reprinting Silver Age stuff are getting re-released that I'm looking forward to. Besides those, Who's Who Vol. 2. I think the solicit was cancelled but it's supposed to resolicited again (hopefully).

On 3/24/2022 at 8:23 AM, theCapraAegagrus said:

What solicitations are you guys looking forward to this year? The only thing on my list is Absolute Doomsday Clock, and the continuation of the Spawn Origins Deluxe series (if it's truly being continued).

I think it'll be good to get all of Alan Moore's Miracleman run between 2 covers.  Coming in September.  :wishluck: