• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Omnibus, Absolute, Deluxe, and HC Thread
19 19

2,496 posts in this topic

On 4/26/2022 at 3:25 PM, D2 said:

Surprised no one is talking about this one yet, the Barry Windsor-Smith Weapon X Gallery Edition. 
I was very critical of this book before it came out, but after biting the bullet and paying for it (it’s only $45), it actually exceeds expectations and is easily one of the best reading options for this story. On par, I’d say, with the original floppies. High recommend.

68C714F3-F093-4558-A4CA-E43066ACF1D7.jpeg

0F6EAD70-221D-4A95-8C44-9A2C88904855.jpeg

D998D85D-DA5F-4FF7-82EA-7AC332BED5B8.jpeg

712C5649-4E80-4197-B782-C00D347B57DB.jpeg

BC7F6615-A117-4F7C-8E16-60FA46B396CA.jpeg

Looks cool! I'm curious about a couple of volumes in this format, I may take the plunge, eventually. 

On 4/15/2022 at 9:47 AM, srezvan said:

My LCS recently bought a massive collection that's starting to trickle into the store. I noticed a bunch of newer G.I. Joe TPBs, so I asked if they had any  of the TPBs reprinting the original Marvel series. Sure enough, they had some in the back that they hadn't put out for sale yet. Never hurts to ask. 5 down, 10 more to go to get the full set.

I'm still on the hunt for 13 and 15.... Good luck my man. I think I picked up an 11 TPB lot here on the boards for like $350 and then snagged a few more that were still available online. Grab any you can before they disappear! You can still find Vol 12 for cover price. And dont forget the two GI Joe Special Missions volumes!

On 4/26/2022 at 1:17 PM, F For Fake said:

I love the Kirby and Lee FF, but really have no interest in the title beyond that. (I know, I know, a lot of folks love the John Byrne run. I'm not a Byrne guy.)

I'm excited to read these. If it's anything like his Avengers and X-Men material, it should be great. Hickman seems to really excel at world building, creating these huge, intricate stories, and this is apparently the title that kicked it all off, so I'm eager to see how it reads. Unfortunately, it'll be a while before I get to it.

They are finally reprinting Byrne FF V2. Yay! :whee:

On 4/26/2022 at 8:22 PM, bronze_rules said:

all kinds of stuff came out on IST today. Thor Jason Aaron. Conan. Rocketeer AE. I missed Hickman 1 and it's gone now. :cry:  Didn't think a second edition would sell out that fast.

Definitely thinking about the Aaron Thor, especially since it’s on sale this week.

On 4/27/2022 at 2:05 AM, Poekaymon said:

I just got these two as well, despite having zero interest in FF and owning zero FF comics.  The reviews were just too glowing.  We'll see.

You won't regret it. Get a seatbelt, you're going to need to be strapped in. 

On 4/26/2022 at 4:35 PM, miraclemet said:

I'm still on the hunt for 13 and 15.... Good luck my man. I think I picked up an 11 TPB lot here on the boards for like $350 and then snagged a few more that were still available online. Grab any you can before they disappear! You can still find Vol 12 for cover price. And dont forget the two GI Joe Special Missions volumes!

I'm trying to get my Transformers collection complete before the IDW contract is up (and I'm close, I think I only need 5 more hardcovers between all of the phases and the second iteration), but with GI Joe, I'm so far behind, I just gave up. What I really hope is that whoever gets the license (is it Skybound? Is that confirmed?) will finally give us a COMPLETE HC set of the Marvel years. Or even paperback's, I'll take them, as long as they reprint the entire run.

Alright, TMNT THE IDW COLLECTION volume's 8-9 arrived, and 10 to 13 are on the way. That puts me up to date on those, with volume 14 out in July. I also got the OOP Batman/TMNT volume 1 hardcover, leaving me with just volumes 2 and 3 to get if I enjoy the first. They're still in print, so easy peasy if I want them. Finally, TMNT The Last Ronin is also out in July in hardcover, and I've been dying to read that, so July's got a few releases I'm highly anticipating. 

This stuff showed up this week. While I was occupied with other releases, several recent LoSH HC's have quietly gone out of print. Managed to get a decent deal on this set in an eBay auction, below what I would have paid for BIN for the volumes individually. So, now I need to pick up Before the Darkness V1, as it is starting to creep upwards. V2 is still readily available at a discount. Silver Age Omni 2 is OOP and starting to get stupid. I have a hard time paying nearly $200 for a book that was $55 a year ago. Oh well, I'll be patient. 

The Thor by Aaron Omni is the rare collection of modern material that caught my eye. Following the everything-selling-out-in-minutes days of the early pandemic era, most omnis released in the last several months have stuck around for weeks and months, even eventually getting discounted. I haven't had any trouble picking up most of what I wanted on my own schedule. However, something told me I should probably get this one sooner rather than later. And I'm glad I did, as it sold out at the usual suspects within a few days, and the eBay prices are already approaching MSRP. With the movie coming soon, I wouldn't be surprised if this one gets a rush reprint, but it doesn't really matter, I've got mine. Will I have time to read it before Thor Love and Thunder is released? That is the question!

IMG_6355.JPG

IMG_6356.JPG

On 5/13/2022 at 10:22 AM, F For Fake said:

This stuff showed up this week. While I was occupied with other releases, several recent LoSH HC's have quietly gone out of print. Managed to get a decent deal on this set in an eBay auction, below what I would have paid for BIN for the volumes individually. So, now I need to pick up Before the Darkness V1, as it is starting to creep upwards. V2 is still readily available at a discount. Silver Age Omni 2 is OOP and starting to get stupid. I have a hard time paying nearly $200 for a book that was $55 a year ago. Oh well, I'll be patient. 

The Thor by Aaron Omni is the rare collection of modern material that caught my eye. Following the everything-selling-out-in-minutes days of the early pandemic era, most omnis released in the last several months have stuck around for weeks and months, even eventually getting discounted. I haven't had any trouble picking up most of what I wanted on my own schedule. However, something told me I should probably get this one sooner rather than later. And I'm glad I did, as it sold out at the usual suspects within a few days, and the eBay prices are already approaching MSRP. With the movie coming soon, I wouldn't be surprised if this one gets a rush reprint, but it doesn't really matter, I've got mine. Will I have time to read it before Thor Love and Thunder is released? That is the question!

IMG_6355.JPG

IMG_6356.JPG

The Aaron Thor run is one of my favourite modern reads; it is right up there with Brubaker CA.  I read this digitally and preordered it as soon as it was announced,

Edited by piper

On 5/13/2022 at 12:26 PM, piper said:

The Aaron Thor run is one of my favourite modern reads; it is right up there with Brubaker CA.  I read this digitally and preordered it as soon as it was announced,

Awesome, I'm looking forward to it! I loved the Brubaker Cap run, so I take that as very high praise indeed. I may need to move this one closer to the front of the read pile!

On 5/13/2022 at 9:22 AM, F For Fake said:

IMG_6355.JPG

IMG_6356.JPG

I got stuck with the Quesada variant, which sold out the next day too. Was really lucky that HIckman FF 1 showed up randomly the other day (hidden inventory?) I managed to snag it and it too was gone in a day. Can't take chances with some of these. 

Phantom Stranger Omni supposed to be coming soon. I recall JLA was cancelled for a long time, we'll just have to see.

Edited by bronze_rules

On 5/13/2022 at 12:52 PM, bronze_rules said:

I got stuck with the Quesada variant, which sold out the next day too. Was really lucky that HIckman FF 1 showed up randomly the other day (hidden inventory?) I managed to snag it and it too was gone in a day. Can't take chances with some of these. 

Phantom Stranger Omni supposed to be coming soon. I recall JLA was cancelled for a long time, we'll just have to see.

Yeah, isn't Phantom Stranger going on like four or five years now since it first appeared in the catalog? Here's to hoping it finally sees the light of day!

Oh right, good call, HIckman's FF did move quickly as well. But I think this Thor volume is the first time in the last few months that I can recall selling out in a few days. Must be a very popular run, or Marvel severely misjudged the demand.

On 5/13/2022 at 2:46 PM, F For Fake said:

Yeah, isn't Phantom Stranger going on like four or five years now since it first appeared in the catalog? Here's to hoping it finally sees the light of day!

:wishluck:

On 5/15/2022 at 3:57 PM, Raze said:

Im glad that they have re-released some of the Vol 1 Marvel Omnibus so I can get a few  without paying a arm and leg for them!

Im sure some people dont like it but I sure do.

C969082C-2B4A-40A4-B261-3FAAF7A9AEF0.jpeg

As someone who has all first prints (glued for some instead of the superior sewn like you guys are getting now) I'm glad they're reprinting this material so more eyes can see it. These are great comic books that deserve to be read, not traded on ebay for outrageous money just because you didn't have the foresight to buy them 12 or whatever years ago when they were initially available. 

Enjoy! 

On 5/15/2022 at 1:15 AM, Cat said:

As someone who has all first prints (glued for some instead of the superior sewn like you guys are getting now) I'm glad they're reprinting this material so more eyes can see it. These are great comic books that deserve to be read, not traded on ebay for outrageous money just because you didn't have the foresight to buy them 12 or whatever years ago when they were initially available. 

Enjoy! 

Ive always had interest in these and considered buying the "Epic Collection" of these at a LCS during a half off sale. Paid a little more but glad to add them to my reading pile!