• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Omnibus, Absolute, Deluxe, and HC Thread
19 19

2,482 posts in this topic

For anyone interested in the new Gen 13 hardcover, but appalled by the price per pagecount, don't fret as the solicits are wrong. The book doesn't just contain the miniseries (0-5 or whatever), it also contains the first six issues of the ongoing, issues 0-5. So it's a much bigger, nicer book than I was expecting. 

Still overpriced, but not as bad as we were expecting. 

On 3/24/2022 at 1:33 PM, SuperBird said:

I am surprised that Dark Knight Returns signed and limited (4000 copies) only goes for $300 or so at this point. Seems to me that that's the big grand daddy of all comic collected editions? I recall it being the first of it's kind, in terms of HC editions...

The Big Grand Daddy has to be:

The Dark Knight Returns Graphitti Designs Limited Slipcover Signed Gallery Edition. 

The only book that collects nearly all the original art in a linear story, complete with markups, changes, and pages notes. 

The limited slipcover edition is I think, 250? 275 total? There is the normal Gallery Edition by Graphitti, also cool. Not signed though 

DKR Gallery Edition Review

CA2A9717-5091-45E3-A1CC-3D652841E6A6.jpeg

Edited by D2

On 3/24/2022 at 8:23 AM, theCapraAegagrus said:

What solicitations are you guys looking forward to this year? The only thing on my list is Absolute Doomsday Clock, and the continuation of the Spawn Origins Deluxe series (if it's truly being continued).

I have several things on my list, but the big ones are:

Captain Britain Omnibus - I've been waiting for this reprint pretty much ever since I sold my 1st print, many, many years ago. Peak Alan Davis is hard to beat.

Legion of Super Heroes Five Year Later Omni 2- I simply can't believe this exists. One of my favorite comic runs continues. It's a miracle this has been omni'd before even the bronze LoSH stuff.

The Question omni - one of the great runs of the 80's finally getting the HC treatment. Not feeling so bad about selling the OOP trades now.

Tomb of Dracula MMW V 2 and Werewolf By Night MMW V 1 - I'm not a big MMW guy, but I plan on getting all of the horror releases that they give us.

There's more, but those are the ones I am most excited about. I'll probably continue to pick up any and all X-Men releases as well.

On 3/29/2022 at 1:58 PM, F For Fake said:

Legion of Super Heroes Five Year Later Omni 2- I simply can't believe this exists. One of my favorite comic runs continues. It's a miracle this has been omni'd before even the bronze LoSH stuff.

I had forgotten about this. My grandpa gave me Vol. 1 for X-Mas 2020. I will have to get thee sequel.

On 3/30/2022 at 6:04 AM, nocutename said:

Hi everyone.  This big girl arrived yesterday!  I am shocked at the size.  There is a story by Dame Darcy that made me pull the trigger.  The art overall looks great.  Going to the top of my reading pile.

Comicbooktattoo.jpg

That looks cool! I have to admit that I haven't kept up with Dame Darcy since Meat Cake concluded. I will check this out, that's a cool cover.

Alright, IDW's TMNT THE IDW Collection vol 4 arrived today. I'm doing a full read-through, all 13 volumes, as it's a really fun series and really well-written so far. I've got volumes 5 and 6 on the way, and that should keep me going for a while, with one volume being ordered a fortnight after that. 

I can't start it straight away, though, as I'm still reading that Gen 13 hardcover. Unlike WILDC.A.T.S this has actually held up, though it's a very simplistic plot so far. It's nice to have a backlog of books you can't wait to get to. I've always got a backlog, but now I've one I really want to get through, which hasn't happened in a while.

Todd McFarlane plans an "aggressive" collections program...

Spawn Deluxe Hardcover Vol. 5 signed By Todd McFarlane Limited Edition (500) by writers Brian Holguin and Todd McFarlane and artist Angel Medina collects Spawn #101-125
On sale November 16

:banana:

Only Vol. 5, but I'm hoping that he/Image plans on printing up to Vol. 8 in the near-future, with consideration for printing up thru Vol. 12 (which would reach issue #300).

On 3/31/2022 at 11:44 AM, Poekaymon said:

Just in.

IMG_0041.thumb.jpg.155711692e6aec46ff814972b7e85677.jpg

They really do look great together. I hope they give the upcoming Absolute edition of the Wrightson run the same flocked treatment and trade dress.

Acquisitions I am contemplating to fill out the shelves once Absolute Doomsday Clock drops:

• Absolute Crisis on Infinite Earths (I have a TPB, though.)
  • Absolute Infinite Crisis
  • Absolute Final Crisis (I have an Omnibus, though.)
  • Absolute Blackest Night
  • Absolute Wonder Woman: Gods and Mortals

On 3/31/2022 at 12:25 PM, theCapraAegagrus said:

Acquisitions I am contemplating to fill out the shelves once Absolute Doomsday Clock drops:

I can't wait for the Doomsday Clock Omnibus. Really hoping it has some nice extras in it. Maybe some original art pages. Maybe some discussion about how it was originally supposed to tie directly into 5G, including Gary Frank's awesome connecting covers for the different generations covers that were repurposed for Death Metal. Still two generations that we havent ever seen the covers for. Wondering if they will also mention what happened to the Legion in that book. With Saturn Girl being back since DC Universe Rebirth and then in this book, it looked like the Retro-boot Legion was coming back. Then it suddenly became Bendis' new Legion at the end. I have always suspected this was a mid-series change, and wonder if there was any pages that were re-done to accommodate. 

I am also really looking forward to the Multiversity Absolute Edition by Morrison! 

On 4/1/2022 at 8:29 PM, theCapraAegagrus said:

That's another one that I've been thinking about.

I've never read it but have always been interested in it. Anyone recommend it? 

On 4/1/2022 at 7:54 AM, Mecha_Fantastic said:

I really enjoyed it. Each issue is in a specific style. The Pax Americana (i.e. Charlton/Watchmen) issue is a real treat. 

On 4/1/2022 at 10:22 PM, F For Fake said:

I really enjoyed it. Each issue is in a specific style. The Pax Americana (i.e. Charlton/Watchmen) issue is a real treat. 

I didn't know that. Thanks, I'll add the Deluxe Edition to my 'To Buy' List. 

On 3/31/2022 at 1:25 PM, theCapraAegagrus said:

Crossing 4 of these off the list. I don't really want any duplicates. Today I am going to buy the Infinite Crisis TPB, though, along with a small list of other things. That way I have the Crisis Trilogy in my collection.

Multiversity may be the Absolute that I buy along with Doomsday Clock later this year. That, or Blackest Night, are the 2 candidates right now.

On 4/1/2022 at 6:54 AM, Mecha_Fantastic said:

I recommend it. I liked the Society of Superheroes, and knew that I would with Morrison writing and Sprouse drawing. I also really enjoyed The Just by Morrison and Ben Oliver. I was pleasantly surprised by that one. Pax Americana by Morrison and Quitely is obviously a must-read. 
the story is a pretty good continuation from some of the aspects of Final Crisis, particularly the Final Crisis: Superman Beyond issues. A lot of these characters were first seen in those 2 issues.