• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

MCU's Phase 5 rumors
1 1

501 posts in this topic

On 3/26/2023 at 3:17 PM, drotto said:

Raise your hand if you are 100% seeing any of these other than Guardians.

Absolutely. Loki was awesome; can't wait for more. I enjoyed the Ms Marvel show as well; I haven't read much about what they're doing with the movie, but am looking forward to it.

Jonathan Major's attorney is now stating he was the victim of abuse - not the woman.

The Ant-Man and The Wasp: Quantumania star was arrested on Saturday, March 25 in New York for the strangulation, assault, and harassment of a woman, who was reportedly his girlfriend, following an argument that took place in a taxi. In a statement shared with The Direct, Jonathan Majors' criminal defense lawyer Priya Chaudhry refuted the assault allegations chartered against her client following his arrest on Saturday, March 25.

"Jonathan Majors is completely innocent and is provably the victim of an altercation with a woman he knows. We are quickly gathering and presenting evidence to the District Attorney with the expectation that all charges will be dropped imminently." 

Among this evidence is said to be video footage of the altercation, a witness testimony, and a recantation of the allegations from the supposed victim: 

"This evidence includes video footage from the vehicle where this episode took place, witness testimony from the driver and others who both saw and heard the episode, and most importantly, two written statements from the woman recanting these allegations. All the evidence proves that Mr. Majors is entirely innocent and did not assault her whatsoever." 

"Unfortunately, this incident came about because this woman was having an emotional crisis, for which she was taken to a hospital yesterday.  The NYPD is required to make an arrest in these situations, and this is the only reason Mr. Majors was arrested. We expect these charges to be dropped soon."

If it was his girlfriend, and she regrets his getting charged, anything is possible here. Time will tell what comes of this.

On 3/26/2023 at 11:28 AM, @therealsilvermane said:

30B14176-002D-4CA7-A11D-2622754D14C6.thumb.jpeg.f244018d5129b8e1e07add1203856d18.jpeg

DIS needed to move Quantumania to D+ two months faster........

Hopefully GotG 3 is decent, but after the second one I am not certain it will be.

Marvels will likely be a wait for a month until it is streaming event.

I think the lesson the studios should have learned by now is that consumers will not pay en masse for weak stories about 3rd tier characters any longer.

On 3/27/2023 at 5:27 PM, kimik said:

DIS needed to move Quantumania to D+ two months faster........

Hopefully GotG 3 is decent, but after the second one I am not certain it will be.

Marvels will likely be a wait for a month until it is streaming event.

I think the lesson the studios should have learned by now is that consumers will not pay en masse for weak stories about 3rd tier characters any longer.

I agree. I don't care about Echo, Agatha Harkness, or even Loki for that matter. Iger has already stated that we don't want to see sequels, and he is already wrong. Look at the box office numbers of the 3rd Spider-man movie because he isn't. :facepalm:

On 3/27/2023 at 9:56 PM, thegiftedone45 said:

We could have a Punisher, Luke Cage and Iron Fist, etc. show and instead have Echo and Agatha.......Man what are they thinking?

There’s already a Punisher, Iron Fist, and a Luke Cage series available to stream on Disney+ now. There’s even a Jessica Jones series if you’re interested.

On 3/27/2023 at 5:34 PM, Artboy99 said:

I agree. I don't care about Echo, Agatha Harkness, or even Loki for that matter. Iger has already stated that we don't want to see sequels, and he is already wrong. Look at the box office numbers of the 3rd Spider-man movie because he isn't. :facepalm:

Did he mean he does not want sequels for he Phase 4 and 5 drek? If yes, let them die now and don't waste $$$ on more of them.

Both DIS and WBD need to look at fewer films and focus on the A-list characters.  If they want to use the B and C listers, do that on cheap D+ or HBO 6-8 episode seasons on a tight budget instead. The numbers do not work for B and C list feature films any longer.

On 3/27/2023 at 7:21 AM, Bosco685 said:

If it was his girlfriend

Then he should dump her.

I've old read good things about Majors, including positive reviews for his Ant-Man performance; which I, a Marvel zombie, may never see. I've only seen him in LOKI, and frankly, found him to be too mustache twirling. Even so, if he is really as good as I read, then at least Disney got him correct.   :wishluck:

On 3/28/2023 at 1:07 AM, kimik said:

Did he mean he does not want sequels for he Phase 4 and 5 drek? If yes, let them die now and don't waste $$$ on more of them.

Both DIS and WBD need to look at fewer films and focus on the A-list characters.  If they want to use the B and C listers, do that on cheap D+ or HBO 6-8 episode seasons on a tight budget instead. The numbers do not work for B and C list feature films any longer.

He just mean that we are treading water till FF and X-Men ( we can call them that again). In all seriousness, I wonder if Iger ha asked why they are waiting so long.

On 3/27/2023 at 7:34 PM, Artboy99 said:

Iger has already stated that we don't want to see sequels, and he is already wrong.

'Sequels not spin-offs' should be their focus. Write a story worth following-up to without needing the sequel to fix your mistakes.

On 3/28/2023 at 6:46 AM, TupennyConan said:

Then he should dump her.

I've old read good things about Majors, including positive reviews for his Ant-Man performance; which I, a Marvel zombie, may never see. I've only seen him in LOKI, and frankly, found him to be too mustache twirling. Even so, if he is really as good as I read, then at least Disney got him correct.   :wishluck:

Seriously: Just watch All Kang Scenes on YouTube when someone compiles them. That way, you get to understand why Majors' performance is lauded, and get to skip all of the bad parts of the movie!

On 3/28/2023 at 10:57 AM, Ken Aldred said:

Absolutely. It works. I did that with the screaming goats compilation from the last Thor film, and feel quite satisfied with that.

It isn't likely I'll ever see TL&T, so the goats comp might be for me.